FIA-Ferrari PU Statement Controversy

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Schumix
Schumix

Re: FIA-Ferrari PU Statement Controversy

snowy wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 15:13
The real crime is getting caught. They haven't been caught, therefore there is no crime. But we'll treat them as criminals anyway and employ them to catch the real criminals...

...it's no wonder the other teams are upset!
Well said.
It makes sense because the other teams are now interested to know what are the secrets Ferrari revealed to the FIA, because they maybe using one of these secrets without the knowledge/understanding of the FIA.

RZS10

It's the 'quarantine' thread with disabled voting afterall ;)

Regarding the Marko quote in which he calls the FIA corrupt, the english translation left out one sentence which was
"We will no longer put up with this."

Ecclestone is weighing in on the issue:
"The teams have to sue the FIA. It's about millions, which i believe they are due. If Ferrari was clean and innocent, why would they agree to a deal with Jean Todt? To me this alone looks like admission of guilt.

There have been many conflicts in my time, but the teams, the FIA and I always managed to find solutions for the best of the sport, but it's too late for that now."
Last edited by RZS10 on 06 Mar 2020, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.

snowy wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 11:43
Article 2.7
Article 2.7: It is the duty of each competitor to satisfy the FIA technical delegate and the stewards that his automobile complies with these regulations in their entirety at all times during an Event."

Even if they can't prove anything wrong, there must have been reasonable doubt. If there is reasonable doubt there is no reason for the absurd timing of the announcement of an agreement and a settlement, the details of which are cloaked in secrecy!

Surely all Ferrari had to prove and all the FIA had to ask is how they got the extra power from their engine that the FIA had observed and the other teams had measured via GPS, noise, and speed comparisons, etc, etc.

The whole thing has been handled in a completely absurd and amateur way and created an existential crisis!
I wonder whether Ferraris tactics when confronted with 2.7 might’ve been to decline to participate further and exercise their right to not self-incriminate. The FIA might have their suspicions but without corroboration one way or the other from Ferrari, they’d be completely stuck.

Commence lengthy, costly legal proceedings (during the course of which Ferrari might well be able to satisfy 2.7, causing consternation & embarrassment) or settle. Maybe the FIA really were hogtied.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

TAG

Can you imagine the commentary in the race thread come next Saturday?!?!
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Capharol
Capharol

nzjrs wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 17:32
Capharol wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 17:26
Unc1eM0nty wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 17:17

I completely agree, it’s juvenile and idiotic.

But this is an internet forum, that’s its Raison d'etre :wink:
true but its just funny how all ran in circles chasing their own tails, which is just dumb....
we all know the position of the "Non-Ferarri-Fans" and the "Ferrari-Fans" so why repeating things on page 34 that has been said on page 5 already....

but as said i amuse myself with this little "cat fight"
They repeat things because they don't read anything anyone writes. Even if they were arguing in good faith, the speed of replies means its certain noone is thinking hard before writing. Anyways, it's a good way to find people to add to the ignore list.
+1

Capharol
Capharol

TAG wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 17:25
hell that would be fun, and can you imagine the commetary of the Sky F1 pundits or other commentators.... they gonna chew this out from friday till sunday .....

Pyrone89

214270 wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 17:24
snowy wrote:
Article 2.7
Article 2.7: It is the duty of each competitor to satisfy the FIA technical delegate and the stewards that his automobile complies with these regulations in their entirety at all times during an Event."

Even if they can't prove anything wrong, there must have been reasonable doubt. If there is reasonable doubt there is no reason for the absurd timing of the announcement of an agreement and a settlement, the details of which are cloaked in secrecy!

Surely all Ferrari had to prove and all the FIA had to ask is how they got the extra power from their engine that the FIA had observed and the other teams had measured via GPS, noise, and speed comparisons, etc, etc.

The whole thing has been handled in a completely absurd and amateur way and created an existential crisis!
I wonder whether Ferraris tactics when confronted with 2.7 might’ve been to decline to participate further and exercise their right to not self-incriminate.
That only applies to the criminal courts, not sporting or civil courts, as far as I am aware.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Sieper

In cases like this I always use the common sense approach to distil the truth out of a lot of noise. In that way it is easy to see where the truth lies in this matter. And in a year or 10 we will have closure when somebody tells the story. And even then it will be claimed not to be true by the same people who have in this very thread constantly been condescending to others. But that is their problem. Added to the ignore list.

PlatinumZealot

TAG wrote:
Ferrari will be damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Good pace: See! They are still cheating!

Bad pace: See! They can't cheat anymore!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Pyrone89 wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 17:44
214270 wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 17:24
snowy wrote:
Article 2.7

I wonder whether Ferraris tactics when confronted with 2.7 might’ve been to decline to participate further and exercise their right to not self-incriminate.
That only applies to the criminal courts, not sporting or civil courts, as far as I am aware.
Well whatever sporting regs are in place they can’t usurp the laws of the land.

Anyway, the main point is if Ferrari refused to participate in the FIAs investigations; it makes reaching a verdict with teeth (for or against) near impossible.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

jumpingfish

PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 18:03
TAG wrote:
Ferrari will be damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Good pace: See! They are still cheating!

Bad pace: See! They can't cheat anymore!
And if the pace is good: Look at Binotto, although he looks like a bespectacled nerd-botanist, but he is a formidable mafiozo, even the FIA affraid of him! :D

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

RZS10 wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 17:12
It's the 'quarantine' thread with disabled voting afterall ;)

Regarding the Marko quote in which he calls the FIA corrupt, the english translation left out one sentence which was
"We will no longer put up with this."

Ecclestone is weighing in on the issue:
"The teams have to sue the FIA. It's about millions, which i believe they are due. If Ferrari was clean and innocent, why would they agree to a deal with Jean Todt? To me this alone looks like admission of guilt.

There have been many conflicts in my time, but the teams, the FIA and I always managed to find solutions for the best of the sport, but it's too late for that now."
Bernie weighing in is him saying "it wouldn't have happened if Liberty hadn't dumped me" :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

aral
aral

This thread can be quite interesting but some people with opposing views are dragging it down to personal insult and baiting level. Could you please all calm down and discuss without rancour. Thanks

Wynters
Wynters

LM10 wrote:
06 Mar 2020, 16:21
So how exactly can a party be accused of having cheated, if there is no evidence for that?
When you are accused of cheating and, despite having a bottomless well of money to fight back and a vested interest in having a spotless reputation, you accept a punishment?

Generally, if you are innocent yet accepting an out-of-court, NDA laden settlement it's due to not having the financial resources to contest the case. You'll see it a lot with public bodies. I don't think that applies in Ferrari's case.

However, as you point out, as long as there is doubt there is a defence. That's the beauty of exactly this kind of settlement.

timbo
timbo

I don't think the protest can go anywhere; what would happen if the case is taken to the court?
FIA had a look at the fuel system of SF90 and couldn't find anything. Ferrari will definitely object demonstrating their fuel system to the competitors, on the grounds of revealing their technical know-how. In 2007 McLaren case there were some details disclosed, but they were relatively minor. And without the competitors' involvement, new pieces of evidence are unlikely to be found.
Something can be reached if fuel systems of all four manufacturers could be presented and compared, but is it possible?