McLaren MCL35

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Re: McLaren MCL35

Car launched and pre-season testing complete. Job done. Right? Wrong. The 2020 development race has already begun in earnest. Many of the cars that will take to the track in Melbourne will be different to those that teams began pre-season testing with and unveiled a month ago.

Now we’re not saying you should expect wholesale changes, but those of you with a keen eye for detail will be able to spot our Melbourne-spec upgrade package on the MCL35. It features a number of tweaks, some of which we tested in the second week at Barcelona, including a new floor, diffuser and front brake ducts.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

fouad1979
fouad1979

Ground Effect wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 12:39
Car launched and pre-season testing complete. Job done. Right? Wrong. The 2020 development race has already begun in earnest. Many of the cars that will take to the track in Melbourne will be different to those that teams began pre-season testing with and unveiled a month ago.

Now we’re not saying you should expect wholesale changes, but those of you with a keen eye for detail will be able to spot our Melbourne-spec upgrade package on the MCL35. It features a number of tweaks, some of which we tested in the second week at Barcelona, including a new floor, diffuser and front brake ducts.
where did u read about a melbourne spec upgrade package i didnt see an article about it anywhere

f1rules
f1rules

its from mclarens australia preview

Thunder

fouad1979 wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 09:56
Ground Effect wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 12:39

where did u read about a melbourne spec upgrade package i didnt see an article about it anywhere
https://www.mclaren.com/racing/2020/aus ... need-know/
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mclaren111

Pitlane:

f1rules
f1rules

from week2 of testing, just before it all starts
Last edited by f1rules on 11 Mar 2020, 16:08, edited 2 times in total.

trinidefender
trinidefender

Taken from the McLaren team thread. Showing the new front wing used in second week of testing.

_cerber1

martinbeiker
martinbeiker

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Mclaren left their T-Wing at home (or will be bolted later during the weekend?)... Not in the car for screening

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trinidefender
trinidefender

SmallSoldier wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 07:17
Mclaren left their T-Wing at home (or will be bolted later during the weekend?)... Not in the car for screening

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202003 ... 315fa0.jpg

The out wash vanes on the middle of the endplates are different too

Morteza

Via @AlbertFabrega
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

ThePapayaJaguar
ThePapayaJaguar

Is OTR a new sponsor or apart of BAT? I really like how McLaren have a curvature in their front brake ducts. The Renault's brake ducts look bulky (which may better to cool the brakes). Ferrari look to be moving towards more of the Merc/RB FW philosophy. Our sidepod undercut is massive compared to AlphaTauri.

NiyolHuayra
NiyolHuayra

ThePapayaJaguar wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 08:33
Is OTR a new sponsor or apart of BAT? I really like how McLaren have a curvature in their front brake ducts. The Renault's brake ducts look bulky (which may better to cool the brakes). Ferrari look to be moving towards more of the Merc/RB FW philosophy. Our sidepod undercut is massive compared to AlphaTauri.
Looks like it is a one-off deal here is the company website https://www.ontherun.com.au/about-us/
and here are all of the BAT non cigarette companies: https://www.bat.com/brands. Hope this can help you a bit.

diffuser

SmallSoldier wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 07:17

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202003 ... 315fa0.jpg

The other picture show the old front wing. That is pretty standard. Initial build with old parts. Then put on new stuff.