[ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ncx
ncx

Re: [ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

LM10 wrote:
22 Feb 2020, 16:27
Mercedes used DAS in the pits as well. PG tech suggests that it's to put temperature into the tyres. That would be a nice to have of course, as cold tyres after a pit stop are an issue. But wasn't this system supposed to cool the tyres rather than warming them?
Pulling the steering wheel reduces/removes toe, thus making the run kinder on the tyres. Maybe it's just to avoid scrubbing the coldish new rubber.

Morteza

Test 2, Day 2: Mercedes Completes 61 Laps in Barcelona

Valtteri Bottas
Obviously, the running today in the morning was slightly limited with the wet weather. But we got a couple of runs in with the intermediate tyre, which is always useful. We had a good feeling on that tyre in those conditions and gathered some good information. The session was slightly disrupted by red flags, so we missed some of the test items we planned to do. However, we still completed a few good long runs and set-up work – so got some decent mileage in. I have one afternoon left in the car, which I’m really looking forward to. I feel pretty ready to race. We had a few issues here and there, but the team is working on resolving them and we’ll sort everything out for tomorrow.

Lewis Hamilton
I only got 14 laps in today, but during those 14 laps, everything was feeling fine. It’s obviously not ideal that we didn’t get a full day of running in and we experienced this issue, but there are lots of learnings to take from today. Rather than looking at the negatives, we’ve discovered some things we need to work on, and we’ll keep pushing hard to resolve them and keep working away. I’m looking forward to being back in the car tomorrow morning and adding to the mileage we’ve already achieved.

James Allison
It’s frustrating when there’s only six days of winter testing, to be spending half of one day in the garage. But, nevertheless, we did some good work this morning with Valtteri. Furthermore, in the solitary run that we managed with Lewis this afternoon, we managed to get a very useful data point from the car. We’re happy to have learnt more about its behaviour, and we’re reassured that in blustery conditions, that the car has still got a decent turn of pace. We’re looking forward to tomorrow, where we’ll have a good amount of time with both drivers on the softer tyre compounds; working on single-lap set-up and performance.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

Test 2, Day 3: Mercedes Concludes Pre-Season Testing in Barcelona

Lewis Hamilton
We made it through testing! It’s crazy how quickly these past two weeks have gone. It’s been intense, with a huge amount of work from everybody at the track and back home at the factories. The car’s feeling like a step forward from last year, but it’s clear we’ve still got a few issues we need to iron out ahead of Melbourne. I’ve got total confidence in the team and know they’ll be doing everything they can to make sure we arrive in Australia in a good place. The start of the new season comes around so quickly and now we go racing in just two weeks’ time. I can’t wait.

Valtteri Bottas
That’s it for pre-season testing for another year. I think we can be happy that we’ve made the most of it, only missing out on a few miles to some small issues. I’ve already got a nice feeling with the car and it’s been good to get the chance to get comfortable with the long and short runs, and practice some starts too. I feel like we’ve made a step forward in most areas and it’s been a successful test. As always we’ll be focusing on our own performance and we’ve got two important weeks coming up now ahead of the first race to put what we’ve learnt from the test into action.

James Allison
It feels good to wrap up testing at the top of the leaderboard and end two intense weeks for the team with a decent final day on track. We worked through our programme without any hitches today, and spent some time figuring out how best to prepare the tyres for single lap runs. The car’s been pretty strong throughout the whole of winter testing and it’s been an exciting period for us exploring its potential. We clearly still have some more work to do on the reliability to get us up to the standard that we expect by the start of the season. But if we can do that then I think we’ve got a decent chance of a good showing in Melbourne.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

TAG

Some Merc laser hype going into Melbourne.

माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

dtro

TAG wrote:
10 Mar 2020, 22:07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cs54R2Ks61s
Insight into Tracing Point?

TAG

dtro wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 21:54
TAG wrote:

=D> well done sir.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

dtro

TAG wrote:
12 Mar 2020, 02:52
dtro wrote:
11 Mar 2020, 21:54
TAG wrote:

=D> well done sir.
Here all week! :)

izzy

So Toto flew back from Melbourne with Lawrence, and also skipped the big meeting with everybody else in F1 over what to do next. Obviously this means a story that involves Aston Martin and Lewis being James Bond!! Or perhaps it's Toto
(kidding, but only a little)
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formu ... -call.html

RZS10

THE BELOW IS JUST BASED ON INVESTIGATIONS DONE BY THE MANAGER MAGAZINE AND IS NOT VERIFIED NOR IS IT IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM MY OPINION
May be connected to the above or not, according to rumours around Stuttgart the future of Merc in F1 could depend on whether Daimler can keep it's independence since they're fighting to not be taken over by investors amidst the corona crisis, said investors could secure a big enough stake in the company to get a seat on the board of directors and then push for an exit from the sport.

Daimler - Fear of Geely takeover

here's a google translation of the introduction:
The Daimler group is in danger - whoever keeps their ears open in Stuttgart, who speaks to executives and supervisory boards, feels exactly that: the nervousness is growing that major [foreign] shareholders could hijack the industrial icon. The profits have slumped, now the production lines are also standing still. In the past two weeks alone, the already low share price has dropped again by a third. This is like an invitation for a takeover. And the [Foreign Investors] are already securing share packages. CEO Ola Källenius now has to fight for the independence of the top German brand."

THE ABOVE IS JUST BASED ON INVESTIGATIONS DONE BY THE MANAGER MAGAZINE AND IS NOT VERIFIED NOR IS IT IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM MY OPINION

The article is behind a paywall, if you're clever enough you'll figure out a way to read it :^)

The german secretary of transportation, Scheuer, has already warned that german (infrasctructure and mobility) companies might fall victim to predatory takeover attempts after corona, pledged they will do their utmost to try to prevent that.

El Scorchio

The team are working to make breathing machines to help Coronavirus sufferers. They think they can make 1,000 a day.

Well done team.

👏👏👏👏👏👏

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52087002

Morteza

PlatinumZealot

He reminds me of Adrian Newey.. Very... Eccentric.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Morteza

AMG.Tzan

Wolff buys shares in Aston Martin

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wolf ... n/4782007/

Where there's smoke there's fire! What now for Mercedes? Maybe a future role for Wolff in Aston Martin just like Mercedes!

Aston Martin is going to become the next Mercedes in 3-5 years...and that's when Mercedes itself will pullout and only carry on as an engine supplier!
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis