Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
izzy

Re: Racing games

There's a way to use gaming graphics processing downtime for covid-19 research
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/c ... s_are_now/

NathanOlder

Just finished round 14 of my league racing series on F1 2019. We had 2 special guests join us tonight.

Both current Williams F1 Esport drivers!!
Alvaro Carreton and Michael Romanidis.
yesterday Carreton finished 3rd in the F1 Pro Exhibition series. So these guys are in the F1 official series. Basically the best 20 F1 2019 drivers on the planet!

They took it easy on us bu starting from the back. But they were about a second a lap quicker than us. Was great to race with these guys, and real eye opener. Its great that Williams were willing to talk to us and alllow their drivers to join in with us.

here is the live stream that was broadcast, the race start is at 1hr 27mins.

GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Airshifter

izzy wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 12:01
There's a way to use gaming graphics processing downtime for covid-19 research
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/c ... s_are_now/
....and with so many computer gamers having power systems, they are often the systems that do it the fastest. CPU work can be done also, and with the newer processors with so many cores/threads, many of them are fairly quick.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=29029

mertol

I am in a porsche cup league with drivers only from my country. Half of them are professional drivers. Some drive the porsche cup irl, others include hillclimbing, drifting and karting drivers. Commentary is in Bulgarian. Onboards are from my car from spa:

J_Ryder

Anybody using the T300 wheel?

neilalexander

I used to use a T300 wheel. Switched a few months back to the Fanatec CSL with the McLaren GT3 wheel. Why whats up?

J_Ryder

neilalexander wrote:
06 May 2020, 20:42
I used to use a T300 wheel. Switched a few months back to the Fanatec CSL with the McLaren GT3 wheel. Why whats up?
How has it been for you? In terms of driving and reliability.

neilalexander

J_Ryder wrote:
06 May 2020, 22:25
neilalexander wrote:
06 May 2020, 20:42
How has it been for you? In terms of driving and reliability.
It is a great wheel for the money. I had a G27 Logitech before the T300 and the T300 was much smoother and has more options (you can switch between different wheels). I still have mine and I'm thinking of putting another rig together for my kids to use!

If it is your first wheel you will not be disappointed with it.

Alonso Fan

I’m upgrading to the fanatec csl elite. Just waiting for the last few bits to arrive. Anything I should be aware of?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

NathanOlder

Alonso Fan wrote:
11 May 2020, 14:14
I’m upgrading to the fanatec csl elite. Just waiting for the last few bits to arrive. Anything I should be aware of?
Iv'e not used the CSL elite before, I have the DD1. And if its anything like that, then start off with the force feedback low and work it up to your desired feel. Starting high , with some serious Oscillation nerly broke my thumbs :oops:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

rscsr

NathanOlder wrote:
11 May 2020, 14:45
Alonso Fan wrote:
Iv'e not used the CSL elite before, I have the DD1. And if its anything like that, then start off with the force feedback low and work it up to your desired feel. Starting high , with some serious Oscillation nerly broke my thumbs :oops:
The FF of the CSL is way too low and by far not quick enough to hurt you in any way and not comparable to the DD at all. While decent for a consumer wheel, it is just not a complete joke at best.

Alonso Fan

rscsr wrote:
11 May 2020, 16:59
NathanOlder wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:
The FF of the CSL is way too low and by far not quick enough to hurt you in any way and not comparable to the DD at all. While decent for a consumer wheel, it is just not a complete joke at best.
If the csl is a complete joke then I wonder what the g29 is haha
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

rscsr

Alonso Fan wrote:
11 May 2020, 18:39
rscsr wrote:
11 May 2020, 16:59
NathanOlder wrote:

If the csl is a complete joke then I wonder what the g29 is haha
Yeah, a bit harsh, but the problem is that all those belt driven wheels are way too slow. They may be fine on smooth asphalt. There you feel the cornering forces quite fine. But once you are becoming quicker laptime wise you are going to feel the belt winding up and all the forces are quite mushy. Especially when driving over the curbs.
The G29 is actually a gear driven wheel. While still relatively slow, it is crisper than the (non DD) Fanatec wheels and the torque is still too low.
I used to have a Fanatec wheel and upgraded with a DD and the DD broke. So I went back to the Fanatec and it felt like mixing honey.

CMSMJ1

I'm miles behind in the tech stakes it seems - my son and I use a G25 :) It is miles better than the old Thrustmaster GT that I started my Sim racing on in 1998! I still have that wheel..it is strong!

Have a Wheelstand Pro on the way which I reckon will improve our driving position somewhat.

My son is 7 and has some feel and understanding in Assetto Corse and with F1 2017/2019 and just loves to drive. I am sure that in a few years time we'll be both finding sufficient excuse to acquire a proper rig (each) and the lady wife of the house will never see us.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Alonso Fan

CMSMJ1 wrote:
12 May 2020, 10:43
I'm miles behind in the tech stakes it seems - my son and I use a G25 :) It is miles better than the old Thrustmaster GT that I started my Sim racing on in 1998! I still have that wheel..it is strong!

Have a Wheelstand Pro on the way which I reckon will improve our driving position somewhat.

My son is 7 and has some feel and understanding in Assetto Corse and with F1 2017/2019 and just loves to drive. I am sure that in a few years time we'll be both finding sufficient excuse to acquire a proper rig (each) and the lady wife of the house will never see us.
Ah you already have one in the way. Was gonna say I’m selling mine because it is the older version without fanatec mounting holes. Never mind :)
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord