F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Tim.Wright

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

izzy wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 16:51
afaics they could have an entire real F1 season at Silverstone. Take over a hotel, like the Whittlebury Park (which is probably empty) get the minimal race teams there, isolated, tested and quarantined, and the FoM camera crews, and run 10 or 20 races. They could keep it interesting by making the drivers swap teams, 1 or 2 races with every team. Very safe, very watchable, super genuine wdc and wcc

i don't think it's true they're helpless, unless anyone can see something i'm missing
It's massive a waste of medical resources first off.

Keeping everyone in quarantine for those 10-20 races is also unrealistic for obvious reasons.

On top of all that, one slip up in the testing and quarantine procedures and you will find your self with hundreds of new corona cases overnight.

All that just to watch some racing??
Not the engineer at Force India

izzy

Tim.Wright wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 21:57
izzy wrote:
23 Mar 2020, 16:51
afaics they could have an entire real F1 season at Silverstone. Take over a hotel, like the Whittlebury Park (which is probably empty) get the minimal race teams there, isolated, tested and quarantined, and the FoM camera crews, and run 10 or 20 races. They could keep it interesting by making the drivers swap teams, 1 or 2 races with every team. Very safe, very watchable, super genuine wdc and wcc

i don't think it's true they're helpless, unless anyone can see something i'm missing
It's massive a waste of medical resources first off.

Keeping everyone in quarantine for those 10-20 races is also unrealistic for obvious reasons.

On top of all that, one slip up in the testing and quarantine procedures and you will find your self with hundreds of new corona cases overnight.

All that just to watch some racing??
if they just quarantine for 14 days it doesn't use any medical resources, and it's if anything more realistic than everyone supposedly staying at home not meeting anyone. And when they reopen the factories that's the same situation but with much more risk of infection being brought in

And yes just for racing, but F1 has always used resources insanely for going round and round

NathanOlder

SmallSoldier wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 20:14
NathanOlder wrote:
jjn9128 wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 14:00

You did that with default set up and auto ERS mode? That's what these races are being run with - so the drivers with no experience of a particular games physics aren't at a disadvantage with the weird setup quirks.
The ERS is set to full in qualifying so not an issue, as for the setups, the default setups (there are 5 to choose from) are easily good enough for qualifying. To back that up, there is always default setups in the top 50 in the Time Trial leaderboards. The custom setups help a lot in races in terms of tyre life ect.

Working against me was the fact we did full qualifying, so only had enough time for 2 runs like in real life. On the tv they had 18min qualifying, so an extra run was available. Plus they were allowed assists where as we use none at all.
Aren’t you able to improve your car in F1-2019? That lap is great regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In career mode you can yes, but multiplayer mode with cars set to equal, its the same car for everyone.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

AMG.Tzan

Nascar had a brilliant virtual race in iRacing...with all the real drivers (i think so) and commentary with all kinds of features (like Crank it Up)...it was like watching the real thing!!

MotoGP will have a Virtual race and both Rossi and Marquez will contest it...yet Formula One does a Virtual race and not even Verstappen (a true sim racer) and the other youngsters compete! They must find a way somehow to get more real drivers in the next virtual races! Even Johnny Herbert did ok...
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

the EDGE

Max & Lando part 2

live quali starts imminently

Lando’s live feed - https://m.twitch.tv/landonorris

Pyrone89

RZS10 wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 18:05
Oh yeah my bad there's no similar irl incidents of him being involved in any such things /s
So please enlighten us
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Wass85

Max is just a racing machine isn't he, the most talented driver there's ever been IMO. Yes he has had help but he was born to do this......

Just_a_fan

Wass85 wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 10:24
Max is just a racing machine isn't he, the most talented driver there's ever been IMO.
I think Juan, Jim, Stirling and a few others might beg to differ... :wink:

Actually, they probably wouldn't put themselves forward for that claim because they were generally much less egotistical than modern drivers.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Pyrone89

Just_a_fan wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 11:01
Wass85 wrote:
Max is just a racing machine isn't he, the most talented driver there's ever been IMO.

Actually, they probably wouldn't put themselves forward for that claim because they were generally much less egotistical than modern drivers.
Mwa, Juan Pablo Montoya was good, but not that good. =P~

Wass85

Just_a_fan wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

No comparison, they couldn't carry his racing gloves. Part time drivers against a performance line bred racing machine, nice try......

SmallSoldier

NathanOlder wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
24 Mar 2020, 20:14
NathanOlder wrote: The ERS is set to full in qualifying so not an issue, as for the setups, the default setups (there are 5 to choose from) are easily good enough for qualifying. To back that up, there is always default setups in the top 50 in the Time Trial leaderboards. The custom setups help a lot in races in terms of tyre life ect.

Working against me was the fact we did full qualifying, so only had enough time for 2 runs like in real life. On the tv they had 18min qualifying, so an extra run was available. Plus they were allowed assists where as we use none at all.
Aren’t you able to improve your car in F1-2019? That lap is great regardless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In career mode you can yes, but multiplayer mode with cars set to equal, its the same car for everyone.
Just started playing the game and my best time in Qualy (career mode) was 1:33.XX... I’m really bad at it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SmallSoldier

Pyrone89 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

He probably meant Fangio :)

hudnut

Wass85 wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 15:01
Just_a_fan wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

No comparison, they couldn't carry his racing gloves. Part time drivers against a performance line bred racing machine, nice try......
If we are talking about being bred for racing, let's talk about Darwinism. While I don't think comparisons can be made across eras, Clarke, Fangio, Moss etc raced in an era when the consequences of being overly aggressive or making a mistake had a much high chance of being permanent (RIP JC). These guys were the best of the best.

Wass85

SmallSoldier wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 15:32
Pyrone89 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

I think he was being humorous..... 😊

Pyrone89

SmallSoldier wrote:
26 Mar 2020, 15:32
Pyrone89 wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

I was joking