[ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GPR-A

Re: [ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Capharol wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 07:50
dans79 wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 20:57
Wass85 wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 19:26

I think Ferrari are well within their rights to oppose that when he has shares in their biggest rival.

He owned shares at Williams when he moved to Mercedes, and no one had a problem with that............
wrong he had to sell them shortly after he bought them, Toto isn't going anywhere this is just an investment and he can because there is no conflict of interest.

AM isn't a racing team by themselves like Williams is, and AM cars has AMG engine in them
Toto sold his Williams shares in 2016, 3 years after joining Mercedes.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/35766996

Capharol
Capharol

GPR-A wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 08:26
Capharol wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 07:50
dans79 wrote:
18 Apr 2020, 20:57

He owned shares at Williams when he moved to Mercedes, and no one had a problem with that............
wrong he had to sell them shortly after he bought them, Toto isn't going anywhere this is just an investment and he can because there is no conflict of interest.

AM isn't a racing team by themselves like Williams is, and AM cars has AMG engine in them
Toto sold his Williams shares in 2016, 3 years after joining Mercedes.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/35766996
your link is from 2016
it says remaining shares (5%) so he already sold some of his shares

this one is from 2014
https://www.eurosport.com/formula-1/tot ... tory.shtml
"This was important to Daimler for conflict of interest reasons and for compliance reasons.

saviour stivala
saviour stivala

The difference in the shares the totonator bought this time is. He has this time invested in a company that competes in the same segment the company he represents competes in.

izzy
izzy

i would not be completely amazed if Toto moves on, personally. Why did Lewis say his contract negotiations depend at least partly on whether Toto is staying? Has he picked up a vibe? IMO Toto might have got that been-there-done-that feeling about F1 now and is getting a bit restless and ready for something new

Capharol
Capharol

izzy wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 12:12
i would not be completely amazed if Toto moves on, personally. Why did Lewis say his contract negotiations depend at least partly on whether Toto is staying? Has he picked up a vibe? IMO Toto might have got that been-there-done-that feeling about F1 now and is getting a bit restless and ready for something new
because, and this counts for every team and driver, you need consistency within a team.
same engineers, same teammanager, etc. if this fluctuates to much, like at Ferrari (almost every 2 year a new teammanager) your team gonna be inconsistente and i think Lewis likes a steady environment around him, if 1 chunk falls away (like Toto leaving) he might not feeling as comfortable anymore as he used to.

wasn't this the same with Schumacher? (forgot who of the team left first)

kimetic
kimetic

Capharol wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 16:35
because, and this counts for every team and driver, you need consistency within a team.
same engineers, same teammanager, etc. if this fluctuates to much, like at Ferrari (almost every 2 year a new teammanager) your team gonna be inconsistente and i think Lewis likes a steady environment around him, if 1 chunk falls away (like Toto leaving) he might not feeling as comfortable anymore as he used to.

wasn't this the same with Schumacher? (forgot who of the team left first)
Hamilton clearly feels Toto is important, and who wouldn't, but it's rather striking that he mentioned it as an issue for his own contract. It does raise the question of whether Lewis has picked up some kind of signal.

With Schumacher, di Montezemolo undermined him and Todt by recruiting Kimi, perhaps there's a parallel with Kallenius and the Ferrari investigation...

aleks_ader

kimetic wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 17:17
r, di Montezemolo undermined him and Todt by recruiting Kimi, perhaps there's a parallel with Kallenius and the Ferrari investigation...
Sorry Kallenius? Who is that? :shock:
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

kimetic
kimetic

aleks_ader wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 19:45
kimetic wrote:
20 Apr 2020, 17:17
r, di Montezemolo undermined him and Todt by recruiting Kimi, perhaps there's a parallel with Kallenius and the Ferrari investigation...
Sorry Kallenius? Who is that? :shock:
That's Ola Kallenius, Chairman of Daimler, who pulled Mercedes out of the group of teams demanding clarity from the FIA over the Ferrari sanction, over Wolff's head. He took over from Dieter Zetsche.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

Holm86

I love how open Mercedes AMG have become ...

TAG

Another really good video from Mercedes. It's remarkable to have this kind of transparency about the difficulties. Maybe they're simply being transparent because all teams go through the same issues. But I don't think we've ever gotten this before.

I'd like more sir.

माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Morteza

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

TAG wrote:
29 Apr 2020, 15:24
Another really good video from Mercedes. It's remarkable to have this kind of transparency about the difficulties. Maybe they're simply being transparent because all teams go through the same issues. But I don't think we've ever gotten this before.

I'd like more sir.

https://youtu.be/s23m3HzjXSU
Interesting info about the simulations they run before each race dropped in to the talk. Talking of a huge numbers of simulations which I guess means they're running a Monte Carlo simulation based on best guess starting points. And then running them during the weekend to fine tune the scenario as tyre and track data, relative competitor performance data, etc. become available.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.