[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
adrianjordan

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Jolle wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 16:12
lio007 wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 15:40
Snorked wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 14:40
MCLAREN HOLDINGS LIMITED / U.S. BANK TRUSTEES LIMITED court document - https://pdfhost.io/v/JNNyCbaII_Microsof ... 24docx.pdf

McLaren need to raise £280m no later than July 17 2020 to be able to support continued operations going into 2021.
Wow...so they are in a critical situation?
They might, but they have these every couple of months. To get the best deal the company has many short term loans that need to be redone every few years.
If things were really that critical then the owners would step in rather than lose the billions they've already invested.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Jolle

adrianjordan wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 01:03
Jolle wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 16:12
lio007 wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 15:40

Wow...so they are in a critical situation?
They might, but they have these every couple of months. To get the best deal the company has many short term loans that need to be redone every few years.
If things were really that critical then the owners would step in rather than lose the billions they've already invested.
That’s the funny part: they haven’t. Almost all investments in McLaren (automotive) are loans.

Andres125sx

mwillems wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 11:28

If you're trying to say that EVs are more popular, there are a lot of niche EV hypercars, none have particularly taken off apart from the Lotus, which at track speed, lasts for 7 minutes before you charge it for several hours. That's not Mclaren. The Porsche Taycan EV has a 62 mile range in optimal conditions or 5 minutes of racing..... Sorry but that is an absolute novelty. Yes it has a range of 200+ miles but I'm sur eit's easy to understand that Mclaren build race cars that can go to the track. If that is all you can do to enjoy your car at the track, it's pretty awful and pointless.
So EVs are a novelty, right. Is that a surprise for anyone?

Not so long ago electric hypercars were just a pipe dream, obviously they´re still some steps behind ICEs hypercars, but they´re catching up quite fast and now even Porsche offer an EV. That should mean something

mclaren111

Some interesting things coming up in Automotive...

https://carbuzz.com/news/get-ready-for- ... -senna-yet

Ground Effect

So with the current situation of things at McLaren, it’s not unlikely that the inability to test a 2018 car was down to cost saving, not Renault’s refusal to supply.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

proteus

Andres125sx wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 08:15
mwillems wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 11:28

If you're trying to say that EVs are more popular, there are a lot of niche EV hypercars, none have particularly taken off apart from the Lotus, which at track speed, lasts for 7 minutes before you charge it for several hours. That's not Mclaren. The Porsche Taycan EV has a 62 mile range in optimal conditions or 5 minutes of racing..... Sorry but that is an absolute novelty. Yes it has a range of 200+ miles but I'm sur eit's easy to understand that Mclaren build race cars that can go to the track. If that is all you can do to enjoy your car at the track, it's pretty awful and pointless.
So EVs are a novelty, right. Is that a surprise for anyone?

Not so long ago electric hypercars were just a pipe dream, obviously they´re still some steps behind ICEs hypercars, but they´re catching up quite fast and now even Porsche offer an EV. That should mean something
Those who want a full driving experience of these beasts, will not only want, but they will demand an internal combustion engine and its roar trough exhaust pipes. Fully electric cars will be a collectable item for those that allready dont know how to spend their wastly amounts of money and need something to fill the number 100 slot in the garage - or simply they will buy both types of cars anyways.

For now, there is no fear that electric hypercars would dominate in the market, especially with their current flaws. And petrol fueled cars will be still a desirable item, even when the tide changes since they will represent even bigger exlusivety for rich people (in terms of: "look at me you ordinary people, you cant own a petrol fueled car anymore, but i can").

Overall these supercars will enjoy similiar status, that old american muscle gas guzzlers do.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

djos

I’d have to agree with your assessment, I love technology, including electric cars, but there’s nothing quite like some 70’s Aussie or American muscle powered by a thumping big V8.
"In downforce we trust"

Jolle

There is no discussion that there is a market for ice hypercars, but that market is small. McLaren mass produces sports cars, just like Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche. For these cars the ICE will be replaced eventually with electric power. Porsche took the first step and good chance a fully electric two door coupe will follow.

proteus

Re: McLaren MCL35

What is this rainbow about on the halo? :x :? :shock:
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Lucky

_cerber1 wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 12:44
Some changes?
https://radikal.ru

You can see better here.
https://www.mclaren.com/racing/team/mcl ... -campaign/
It's the gay pride flag [...]
Last edited by Steven on 23 Jun 2020, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.

Macklaren

Ground Effect wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 10:04
So with the current situation of things at McLaren, it’s not unlikely that the inability to test a 2018 car was down to cost saving, not Renault’s refusal to supply.
Doubt it. Renault would have made that VERY clear then. Also, McL rented Silverstone for 3 days to run an F3 car...can't be cheap

ncx
ncx

proteus wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 14:30
What is this rainbow about on the halo? :x :? :shock:
Covid-related F1 initiative:

"Known as #WeRaceAsOne, the campaign is a thank you from F1 to key workers and everyone else who has had to endure COVID-19.
An F1 "rainbow" logo has been designed, incorporating the colours of all 10 teams."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-d ... s/4810189/

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Jolle

Macklaren wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 14:46
Ground Effect wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 10:04
Doubt it. Renault would have made that VERY clear then. Also, McL rented Silverstone for 3 days to run an F3 car...can't be cheap
I found it quite strange that they used a F3 car while they do have running 2013 cars that they use for other stuff like the winner of that rookie competition of the British driver association. Or is suggests that the actual car itself didn't make that much difference.

Mansell89

Blimey, the day has come when neither Mansour and Ron are involved in day to day McLaren business.