[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
adrianjordan

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

Just_a_fan wrote:
18 Jun 2020, 15:24
Espresso wrote:
17 Jun 2020, 17:01
LM10 wrote:
13 Jun 2020, 09:25
Factories have been closed for 2 months. How should they have worked on DAS in order to put it on the car when the season starts in 3 weeks?
The system itself is simple, but the real problem would be the complete redesign of the front architecture. If I can remember, there was talk going on that RedBull’s design would make it especially hard for them to install DAS on their car.
There is nothing limiting people to fiddle around at home with a pc with CAD software at home......
If they are subjected to the UK furlough system there is: it's illegal. Any work done by an employee for their employer whilst on furlough is not allowed.
Be that as it may, how do you Police it?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Jolle

Of course individual engineers think, sketch and maybe even design. Just the fact that the pressure is off for a couple of weeks frees up creativity.
But, the furlong rules were introduced on requests by the teams and is one of those rules that teams stick to. This is not the evil FIA hammering down on teams, but teams looking after their workforce together. No tricks.

lio007

Marko indicated in an OE24-interview on Friday that they will have a 100km filming day in Silverstone on 25th July.

Snorked

Asaki talks about development:

https://f1-gate.com/honda/f1_56788.html

The specifications 2 and 3 were originally planned for development, but the number of shutdowns has increased. It was locked down in Italy and the United Kingdom, and everyone went to the factory, so I think Honda should be fair. Yasuaki Asaki said.

"So, I haven't done all the work for Step 2 that I had planned, so we call the Austrian engine a spec of 1.1 this time. It's just a bug fix."

etusch

Snorked wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 17:37

The specifications 2 and 3 were originally planned for development, but the number of shutdowns has increased. It was locked down in Italy and the United Kingdom, and everyone went to the factory, so I think Honda should be fair. Yasuaki Asaki said.

"So, I haven't done all the work for Step 2 that I had planned, so we call the Austrian engine a spec of 1.1 this time. It's just a bug fix."
Thats approach what I like more

Wouter

Snorked wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 17:37

Thanks @Snorked.

I have tried to translate a few sentences. Don't shoot the messenger. :wink:

June 22, 2020.
Honda F1: "I think we've brought the power to the point where we can go toe to toe with Mercedes."

Head of Power Unit Development at HRD Sakura, Honda F1's power unit development facility The team's CEO Yasuaki Asaki
talks about the development of the 2020 F1 engine.
On reliability, Yasuaki Asaki said, "We recognize that it's very important [because less races].
We knew that if the power went up, the parts we had until now would be destroyed, but for this one time, I'd say it was and is reliable," he commented.
So how many wins can you expect to get out of Honda's F1 engine this year? When asked to give his answer in terms of winning percentage,
Yasuaki Asaki replied: "I'd say 50 percent, but the opponents are strong.
In the pre-season test in February, the Red Bull Honda F1 showed a speed comparable to Mercedes even on a straight.
This year, expectations are rising that even on high-speed circuits we will be able to compete on an equal footing with Mercedes.
So can Honda's F1 engine win the world championship this year? If it does, it will be the first time in 30 years that it has done so.

I can't say we've come this far and not go for it, so we will go for it. There are many things that may or may not happen,
but we are definitely aiming for it," said Yasuaki Asaki.
I think we've brought our power to a point where we can go head-to-head with the Mercedes this year. I thought it would be best
if we could go a year in a row in a race where we didn't know who was going to win every time, and if we ended up winning,
that would be great. I'm hoping, so I'm asking for everyone's support.
The Power of Dreams!

lio007

There seems to be a filming day in Silverstone:

And now...some on track action:

HPD

Last edited by HPD on 25 Jun 2020, 14:36, edited 2 times in total.

HPD

Helmut Marko: "The car in Spielberg will not be identical to the one that would have driven in Melbourne. We have upgraded the car that was planned for the fifth race in Barcelona and now a second one for Spielberg. Everything based on CFD and wind tunnel. This is a certain uncertainty factor. You go to the third level without knowing how the first and second update would have felt in practice. We had no way of trying it out and therefore we have to assume that the data be right."

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... -red-bull/

etusch

HPD wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 14:28
Helmut Marko: "The car in Spielberg will not be identical to the one that would have driven in Melbourne. We have upgraded the car that was planned for the fifth race in Barcelona and now a second one for Spielberg. Everything based on CFD and wind tunnel. This is a certain uncertainty factor. You go to the third level without knowing how the first and second update would have felt in practice. We had no way of trying it out and therefore we have to assume that the data be right."

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... -red-bull/
first fp sessions of rescued season will be small and fast winter tests

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

lio007

Interview with Max, but nothing really new
https://www.speedweek.com/formel1/news/ ... riten.html

Marti_EF3

Well, it's going on again! So I'm back and ready to see a fight for the win this weekend! Hope you all are ok! It's about time to start racing! :D

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

Tanabe-san drives an S2k! Niiiiiice.
Saishū kōnā