Red Bull RB16

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
lio007

Re: Red Bull RB16

Tech analysis on some bits and pieces from yesterdays running:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/the- ... y/4812290/

Spacepace

Just_a_fan wrote:
26 Jun 2020, 09:39
lio007 wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 19:38
Crazy stuff in front of the rear tyres (from todays filming day):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbXoqS6XYAA ... name=large
The rear really drops down at speed. You can see the floor is much closer to parallel with the track than it is in the shot stood in the pits.
Note that's up on Jack's/cart thing

Just_a_fan

Spacepace wrote:
26 Jun 2020, 18:05
Just_a_fan wrote:
26 Jun 2020, 09:39
lio007 wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 19:38
Crazy stuff in front of the rear tyres (from todays filming day):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EbXoqS6XYAA ... name=large
The rear really drops down at speed. You can see the floor is much closer to parallel with the track than it is in the shot stood in the pits.
Note that's up on Jack's/cart thing
I meant this one:

If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Nano4k

quite some flexi rearwing. wow :o

etusch

Bandit1216

It does look like it's in pain from it's own downforce doesn't it.
But just suppose it weren't hypothetical.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

godlameroso

Man, can't wait for pictures from the paddock if that's even a thing now.
Saishū kōnā

santos

Since there was a lockdown, and i belive that was some restrictions by the FIA about personel in the factories... when did they had time to develop and build the upgrades? Is it possible that it is such a big upgrade?

Racer X

So it seems like Redbull is going to really bring up their speed right away they might just bring so much speed they win every race in Europe. I mean by the time Ferrari and Mercedes respond their upgrades might not be good enough to catch Redbull until after the first 8 races with this shortened season and by the time they do Max might already be champion.

If all of these upgrades work the way they intend them to work Mercedes changing their design philosophy and Ferrari going with a radical design and the Ferrari engine issues.... Honda could see themselves champions with Redbull....

Sucks to be McLaren right about now.
santos wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 18:48
Since there was a lockdown, and i belive that was some restrictions by the FIA about personel in the factories... when did they had time to develop and build the upgrades? Is it possible that it is such a big upgrade?
:D being restricted to do "work" isnt the same as being restricted from designing.

I mean you could have had all your design team being creative at home this whole time only to come into work with a bunch of "sketches" (CAD files) and ideas and just ready to collaborate so quickly with the factory personnel that you could then spend 100% of your time synchronizing your effort with production.

I mean what makes Redbull strong is their ability to innovate. You cant exactly stop creativity so then ramping up the factory i think it makes sense how they are showing up with so much. Good for Redbull but im sure Mercedes was in the same situation.... Poor Ferrari spent quarantine trying to understand their failures.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

godlameroso

Remember there is a good 3 month lead time for big upgrades. A lot of the parts were already signed off, developments just waiting to be manufactured. At that stage you could produce what you need to in about a month.
Saishū kōnā

Pyrone89

Racer X wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 19:31
So it seems like Redbull is going to really bring up their speed right away they might just bring so much speed they win every race in Europe. I mean by the time Ferrari and Mercedes respond their upgrades might not be good enough to catch Redbull until after the first 8 races with this shortened season and by the time they do Max might already be champion.

If all of these upgrades work the way they intend them to work Mercedes changing their design philosophy and Ferrari going with a radical design and the Ferrari engine issues.... Honda could see themselves champions with Redbull....

Sucks to be McLaren right about now.
santos wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 18:48
:D being restricted to do "work" isnt the same as being restricted from designing.

I mean you could have had all your design team being creative at home this whole time only to come into work with a bunch of "sketches" (CAD files) and ideas and just ready to collaborate so quickly with the factory personnel that you could then spend 100% of your time synchronizing your effort with production.

I mean what makes Redbull strong is their ability to innovate. You cant exactly stop creativity so then ramping up the factory i think it makes sense how they are showing up with so much. Good for Redbull but im sure Mercedes was in the same situation.... Poor Ferrari spent quarantine trying to understand their failures.
Getting a little overoptimistic are we? :lol:
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Racer X

Pyrone89 wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 22:19

Its a reasonable assessment. 8)
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Pyrone89

Racer X wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 22:23
Pyrone89 wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 22:19

Its a reasonable assessment. 8)
I really hope so, but I think you spelled 'Mercedes' wrong when talking about Red Bull :P

I fully expect the W11 to have a couple of tenths in hand over the RB16 and that is before the DAS-influence. If DAS is really a big influence we might all be speculating about a nice battle but that could turn it into a 2014.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

lio007

:? Not a single RB16-photo from today???

Edit: nevermind, at least 2

Even with a bit of the PU