Ferrari SF1000

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Ringleheim

Re: Ferrari SF1000

LeClerc after Q2: "How did I do?"

Pit Wall: "You are P10"

LeClerc: "That's crazy!"

We are witnessing the beginning of the end for the Mattia Binotto clown show. If you enjoy his haircut and eyeglasses, get a good look at them now. His days are numbered.

Vettel out after Q2, LeClerc nearly a second off the pace.

Both Mercedes a half second and more clear of the entire field.

And we have to watch a race at this track again in a few days!

Xwang

Before Binotto, I would like to see Mr Elkan and Mr Cammileri out of the door.
Then their replacements could decide if other changes must be done.

Lorenzo_Bandini

Binotto said at Italian TV just before the race that 80% of their problem is coming from the engine.

It explain why Wolff went hard on Binotto yesterday, basically saying that Binotto told BS to everyone when he said the car have too much drag for explaining their deficit.

Ferrari is doomed for two years with their ****** engine.

Unf

Lorenzo_Bandini wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 17:12
their ****** engine.
****** engine?

Untill USA last year, their engine was best of the best, absolutely top.
What happened then, hm? :D

Alakshendra

I am concerned about certain things and would appreciate it if someone explains it to me.

So we are horrible in straights and our drivers say not much can be done with lack of power and to much drag. From years we are lagging behind Mercedes and certainly, our drivers are trying hard (some might feel Seb doing too many mistakes). This year car is even worse than in past seasons. We might finish third or lower maybe even 5th in the championship and receive a hell lot of less money from F1 which earlier we use to get. Such disaster performance might even trigger a few sponsors to leave us and might cause some issues in terms of money. Of course, I know this is Ferrari and we got money but then again won't this be enough to call for review on the whole team? Not just the team principal but many of those who are involved and failed to deliver.

ScrewCaptain27

I think the car might actually have a serious ERS issue, not related to the fuel trick. Read my post in the engine thread.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Xwang

I have two questions:
1) did Ferrari bring the modified gearbox to solved the torsional issues?
2) Does Ferrari share the gearbox with Alfa Romeo and Haas?

ScrewCaptain27

Xwang wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 18:16
I have two questions:
1) did Ferrari bring the modified gearbox to solved the torsional issues?
2) Does Ferrari share the gearbox with Alfa Romeo and Haas?
1] I don’t think so.
2] Yes, Alfa make their own suspension though.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Tzk
Tzk

Alakshendra wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 17:49
Of course, I know this is Ferrari and we got money but then again won't this be enough to call for review on the whole team? Not just the team principal but many of those who are involved and failed to deliver.
Yes. I got the feeling they're trying to find their issues since Arrivabene left (or even longer). Looks like something inside the technical department is clearly wrong. Not sure if it's correlation issues or the management taking the wrong development path, though. Still they must've known how bad the car is since testing... Or even before if it is the engine.

Unf

One thing is going to be no brainer for next week - Ferrari will have less rear wing, searching for top speed again.

MtthsMlw

Unf wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 20:27
One thing is going to be no brainer for next week - Ferrari will have less rear wing, searching for top speed again.
Vettel said they had to take a lot of FW off to balance the lack of DF at the rear, I don't think they'll run less RW

jumpingfish

Vettel's onboard

falonso81

Tons of understeer and unbalanced rear end. Vettel is going to be nowhere with this car.

MtthsMlw

He's driving like on 40 laps old Softs.
Understandable he's happy to only have spun once.
Last edited by MtthsMlw on 05 Jul 2020, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.

timbo

That looks painful. It seems the rear end just looses DF on breaking.