Ferrari SF1000

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
FDD
FDD

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Regarding the updates, AFIAK nobody can make make any performance upgrade in endothermic part of PU.

So Ferrari must find additional max speed in better aero efficiency, I am a long time Ferrari fan so I want to find that for compensation at least in some part of the missing max speed.

I must to say that it is very sad to see that Ferrari can not achieve correlations between wind tunel/CFD and track results for a longer time.

Mercedes is on perfection level in this part and the huge amount of aero and suspension updates they bring on track are giving expected gains, Ferrari is very weak here.

Also RB and Merc have a consistency in their work and building technical and HR capacities, Ferrari is always looking for someone to blame instead to work harder to find mistakes to correct them. How many years RB has no win the title, does someone blame or suspend Adrian or Christian??? NO they are working rock & hard place.

charliesmithhd

New Front wing

MtthsMlw

Few tweaks here and there
via motorsport.com

alfr644

That's great :D , hopefully it will help the car to go faster, even if is a small gain. Any news/images on other parts ?

Xwang

Which one is the newer?

MtthsMlw

Xwang wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 15:23
Which one is the newer?
The one on top. Footplate is shaped more traditionally, the vane on it is bigger and the flaps trail off smoother towards it.

Macklaren

No new slim nose?

FDD
FDD

Substantial change in aero philosophy development :D

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

MtthsMlw

At least on this pic it looks less inboard loaded.

AMG.Tzan

Classic aero development in our days!

"We will bring a huge update, we will take a whole new development direction"
Updates come...just minor wing changes that apparently have HUGE effect on the car! :lol:

Gone are the days of B-spec cars with totally new sidepods, wings and noses!

Anyway...hopefully that's not Ferrari's only aero development, because i don't see them going any higher than 5th fastest car for the next 2 years (2020-2021). And Renault is not far behind... :oops:
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

cplchanb

AMG.Tzan wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 16:01
Classic aero development in our days!

"We will bring a huge update, we will take a whole new development direction"
Updates come...just minor wing changes that apparently have HUGE effect on the car! :lol:

Gone are the days of B-spec cars with totally new sidepods, wings and noses!

Anyway...hopefully that's not Ferrari's only aero development, because i don't see them going any higher than 5th fastest car for the next 2 years (2020-2021). And Renault is not far behind... :oops:
well considering this is an emergency update, maybe the front wing is all they could do in 3 days lead time. Then again until the car rolls out tomorrow its still all speculation on the depth of said update

Sevach

MtthsMlw wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 15:16
Few tweaks here and there
https://cdn-1.motorsport.com/images/amp ... eclerc.jpg
via motorsport.com
They made the wing shorter in length too, which is something Mercedes started last year.

Macklaren

Fabrega expecting new floor as well tomorrow

Sevach

FDD wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 12:23
Regarding the updates, AFIAK nobody can make make any performance upgrade in endothermic part of PU.

So Ferrari must find additional max speed in better aero efficiency, I am a long time Ferrari fan so I want to find that for compensation at least in some part of the missing max speed.

I must to say that it is very sad to see that Ferrari can not achieve correlations between wind tunel/CFD and track results for a longer time.

Mercedes is on perfection level in this part and the huge amount of aero and suspension updates they bring on track are giving expected gains, Ferrari is very weak here.

Also RB and Merc have a consistency in their work and building technical and HR capacities, Ferrari is always looking for someone to blame instead to work harder to find mistakes to correct them. How many years RB has no win the title, does someone blame or suspend Adrian or Christian??? NO they are working rock & hard place.
For what it's worth, Ferrari do have a lot lower top speed than the Haas (with their SF90 in disguise) and Alfa(faster of the 3 by some margin).
All of them are towards the bottom in acceleration however.