[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Macklaren

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

JordanMugen wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 17:33
Macklaren wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 17:31
On a serious note, the Vettel move makes more sense now. If they knew that they were not going to win for 2 years anyway, why pay a superstar salary and have him frustrated? Esp. when their prize money is going to fall as well...
Do you think Sainz was conned, and Ferrari did not tell Sainz that Ferrari expected to have no more than the third best car if they are lucky? :shock:
Good question...TBH it really doesn't look like SAI knew based on his interviews right now...but even if he did, he will think it is a sideways move at worst and hope for a reset in 2022. In fact, may be best for him to bed in at Ferrari with no pressure in his first year.

Big Tea

Macklaren wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 18:25
JordanMugen wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 17:33
Macklaren wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 17:31
On a serious note, the Vettel move makes more sense now. If they knew that they were not going to win for 2 years anyway, why pay a superstar salary and have him frustrated? Esp. when their prize money is going to fall as well...
Do you think Sainz was conned, and Ferrari did not tell Sainz that Ferrari expected to have no more than the third best car if they are lucky? :shock:
Good question...TBH it really doesn't look like SAI knew based on his interviews right now...but even if he did, he will think it is a sideways move at worst and hope for a reset in 2022. In fact, may be best for him to bed in at Ferrari with no pressure in his first year.
Sainz is not just him alone doing the negotiating, he has a team. They should have researched as far as possible what the intentions were, and if they were given false or misleading information I believe he could decide not to take up the contract and probably recover much of the finances he will have lost as a result.

His farther has been around the block a few times and I doubt he would have taken things at face value.
Even knowing the shape of things, it is still a very attractive offer for him, if he is a Ferrari fan.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

JordanMugen

Big Tea wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 18:35
His farther has been around the block a few times and I doubt he would have taken things at face value.
Even knowing the shape of things, it is still a very attractive offer for him, if he is a Ferrari fan.
I was thinking about it -- if Schartzmann is as good as he seems, Sainz could be shuffled out of Ferrari rather quickly, given Ferrari's new policy of promoting talented juniors ASAP (lest Schartzmann be poached by Red Bull or Mercedes)!

Sainz will probably be dropped just as Ferrari starts to become competitive again. #-o

Big Tea

JordanMugen wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 00:04
Big Tea wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 18:35
I was thinking about it -- if Schartzmann is as good as he seems, Sainz could be shuffled out of Ferrari rather quickly, given Ferrari's new policy of promoting talented juniors ASAP (lest Schartzmann be poached by Red Bull or Mercedes)!

Sainz will probably be dropped just as Ferrari starts to become competitive again. #-o

Maybe using the " better a has been than a wannabee or never was " principle?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

selvam_e2002

If the season started as scheduled, may be Saniz think about it. It seems perfect planed trap from Ferrari.

Deadpool

selvam_e2002 wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 08:12
If the season started as scheduled, may be Saniz think about it. It seems perfect planed trap from Ferrari.
Well I’m sure that would have happened already Ferrari would have coped. When Seb is not irreplaceable, neither is Sainc. There would be some quality driver who could hardly wait for the offer. Still, it's Ferrari ...

jumpingfish

When Mattia Binotto, the team principal, tried to tell Sergio Marchionne that he needed a new simulator, the mega system that replaces road tests for single-seaters, he was answered: it costs too much, we can win even without it.
So many mistakes have been made #-o

https://www.quotidiano.net/blog/turrini ... ica-5.6462

Alakshendra

jumpingfish wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 14:13
When Mattia Binotto, the team principal, tried to tell Sergio Marchionne that he needed a new simulator, the mega system that replaces road tests for single-seaters, he was answered: it costs too much, we can win even without it.
So many mistakes have been made #-o

https://www.quotidiano.net/blog/turrini ... ica-5.6462
Finally something positive. Tired to see Merc winning every time and people making a joke of Ferrari.

Juzh

ScrewCaptain27

Interesting to see how much higher Leclerc’s top speed is, despite an alleged 20BHP difference in favour of the Honda engine. I really don’t understand this car.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

PlatinumZealot

Less wing.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ScrewCaptain27

They were not even running that much less wing from what I could see. I do not believe the engine is as disastrous as most people think it is.
Another thing I noticed during the race is that Leclerc seemed to lose a lot of time at the end of Sector 3, and regained it in Sector 1 which is still mostly full-throttle. Again it looks like he is just running out of battery, like I said last month...
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Xwang

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 09:11
They were not even running that much less wing from what I could see. I do not believe the engine is as disastrous as most people think it is.
Another thing I noticed during the race is that Leclerc seemed to lose a lot of time at the end of Sector 3, and regained it in Sector 1 which is still mostly full-throttle. Again it looks like he is just running out of battery, like I said last month...
What race have you seen?
Maybe is better to start questioning how it is possible for Mercedes to keep going more than 1 second faster than all the others with an often hidden behind high downforce configuration engine advantage since 2014.

hape

PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Aug 2020, 03:19
Less wing.
Yeah I think so too but it’s still remarkable the high speed corners are about on par with RB.
Could it be Ferrari did regain quite some cavalli since Austria/winter testing ? Silverstone is power hungry with 70% full throttle.

Just_a_fan

Juzh wrote:
02 Aug 2020, 14:25
Great comparison, as always. Struggling to see where Leclerc missed out. He's as quick on the straights and the apex speeds look very similar. Neither made a mistake so perhaps it's just being able to get on the power a yard earlier out of the slower corners, or being able to brake a yard later at the end of the straights.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.