[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
pazazamadaz
pazazamadaz

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

M840TR wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 15:10
pazazamadaz wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 10:23
"From 2021, Gulf will become the preferred lubricant supplier to McLaren Automotive, with all cars to be filled with Gulf Oil and fuel optimised for high performance engines"

That answers that question, then.
This is for Mclaren Automotive, not the F1 arm. Up until now they had a deal with Exxon Mobil.
Ohh yeah Automotive not F1. I completely missed that 😳

So they will probably stick with the same lubricant as Merc if not fuel as well.

Jolle
Jolle

pazazamadaz wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 15:18
M840TR wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 15:10
pazazamadaz wrote:
"From 2021, Gulf will become the preferred lubricant supplier to McLaren Automotive, with all cars to be filled with Gulf Oil and fuel optimised for high performance engines"

This is for Mclaren Automotive, not the F1 arm. Up until now they had a deal with Exxon Mobil.
Ohh yeah Automotive not F1. I completely missed that 😳

So they will probably stick with the same lubricant as Merc if not fuel as well.
I think they learned their lesson with trying to outsmart the works team supplier. The thought was that with Petrobas they would by dyno time at Renault to develop their own mix. Not the most efficient way to spend your money.

diffuser

djos wrote:
28 Jul 2020, 13:16
pazazamadaz wrote:

Hopefully they will still be using the same oil as Mercedes in the PU so they don’t suffer in the performance department.

It isn't a hope. it is in the rules. From https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files ... -10-31.pdf

"7) No manufacturer may homologate more than two specifications of fuel and two specifications
of engine oil from their chosen supplier during a Championship season. If fuels and engine oils
from an alternative supplier are preferred by a customer team two additional specifications of
engine oil and fuel may be homologated per customer team. A change of supplier is possible
in-season but this change will be considered as a change of specification.
8) The homologation will be valid for a maximum of one Championship season only, starting on
the date of approval by the FIA and ending on the start of the first Competition of the
following Championship season.
9) Each manufacturer shall submit an homologation dossier for each team it intends to supply.
There may only be one homologation dossier per team. With the exception of Power Unit
wirings, and fuel specification and engine oil specification if an alternative supplier is preferred
by the customer team, the dossier for each team supplied by a manufacturer must be identical
at any given time.
All power units supplied by a single manufacturer must also be operated in the same way, they
must therefore be :
i) Identical according to the dossier for each team, and ;

Unless a team informs the FIA Technical Department that they have declined any of the following, they must be :
ii) Run with identical software for PU control and must be capable of being operated in precisely the same way.
iii) Run with identical specifications of engine oil and fuel, unless an alternative supplier is
preferred by a customer team (see paragraph 7) above)."

djos

You’ve ignored the bits saying a customer team can also have its preferred suppliers oil and fuel homolagated.
"In downforce we trust"

Lucky
Lucky

bauc

*** EDIT**
@LUCKY - beat me to it :mrgreen: =D>

Another day, another sponsor
https://www.mclaren.com/racing/partners ... ip-iqoniq/
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

genarro
genarro

Zak is on fire \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

diffuser

djos wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 04:54
You’ve ignored the bits saying a customer team can also have its preferred suppliers oil and fuel homolagated.
No, I did not. It is there. The question from prior entries was if they can get the secret sauces that Merc uses. Not sure what point you're trying to make.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

diffuser wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 13:48
djos wrote:
No, I did not. It is there. The question from prior entries was if they can get the secret sauces that Merc uses. Not sure what point you're trying to make.
I think his earlier statement was more in line with hoping McLaren decide to go the route of using same fuels and lubricants used by Mercedes, just like what RP and Williams do and not opt for developing their own mix with Gulf. I don’t think @djos was worried that McLaren wouldn’t have access to same products. It’s been clarified for a while now in the rules that any team using a different fuel/lubricant from their PU supplier chose to do so.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

djos

diffuser wrote:
djos wrote:
You quoted my post and I did not raise that issue, I only commented that I hoped they will stick with Mercedes oil and fuel and not use gulf products in the Mercedes PU despite the gulf sponsorship.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Ground Effect wrote:
29 Jul 2020, 14:27
diffuser wrote:
djos wrote:
I think his earlier statement was more in line with hoping McLaren decide to go the route of using same fuels and lubricants used by Mercedes, just like what RP and Williams do and not opt for developing their own mix with Gulf. I don’t think @djos was worried that McLaren wouldn’t have access to same products. It’s been clarified for a while now in the rules that any team using a different fuel/lubricant from their PU supplier chose to do so.
Yep, that was my point.
"In downforce we trust"

Lucky
Lucky

Lucky
Lucky

haza
haza

At Zaks rate the cars gonna have no more space for sponsor/logos