[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Karim28
Karim28

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

Marti_EF3 wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 16:35

We just saw that Hulk is a very adaptable driver. Only a few FP sessions and beating Stroll, who made all the preseason and races with the same car...
Exactly. He's also an experienced driver who could easily help Max to get the best car setup.
It's a chance for us. He would obviously prefer RB to Haas, Alfa Romeo or even Williams. A one-year contract is an appropriate deal. But at the end, Helmut's ego would say its word as usual.

MtthsMlw

Pirelli didn't think about someone qualifying on hards. Not blaming them ofc.

ME4ME

MtthsMlw wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 16:55
Uwh half the grid is starting on whatever tyre they want. 50-50 if that's hard or medium, so you'd expect Pirelli to take that into account.

MtthsMlw

ME4ME wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 17:05
MtthsMlw wrote:
Uwh half the grid is starting on whatever tyre they want. 50-50 if that's hard or medium, so you'd expect Pirelli to take that into account.
Oh, you're right ofc :lol: was only thinking about the top ten

etusch

MtthsMlw wrote:
https://external-preview.redd.it/jBoSR5 ... 20dcee8a6d
medium-medium first two sting estimation give 15 laps life for medium but there will be fuel load difference.why it is same lap count ?

godlameroso

MtthsMlw wrote:
So hards to lap 21 then hards again to lap 42, then softs to the finish? Or aggressively do 19 lap stints on hards to lap 38 finish last 14 laps on mediums? By then the track will be as rubbered in as it will get.

Also tomorrow it's forecast for fewer clouds so track temperatures will be higher. Which will benefit the hards.

Getting past Hulkenberg as early as possible will be key to Verstappen's race.
Saishū kōnā

holeindalip
holeindalip

godlameroso wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 17:51
MtthsMlw wrote:
So hards to lap 21 then hards again to lap 42, then softs to the finish? Or aggressively do 19 lap stints on hards to lap 38 finish last 14 laps on mediums? By then the track will be as rubbered in as it will get.

Also tomorrow it's forecast for fewer clouds so track temperatures will be higher. Which will benefit the hards.

Verstappens highest place is p3 barring any issues with the mercs so it really doesn’t matter when he gets past hulk imo...

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

MtthsMlw wrote:
They do. It's the line just above the tyres at the bottom: "Different permutations..."
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

godzi
godzi

We must save Private Albon, what a revenge for Gasly!

Sieper

RB15 was also dreadfull in qualy first half season. Like we are now seeing with the RB16.

godlameroso

holeindalip wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 18:30
godlameroso wrote:
MtthsMlw wrote:

Verstappens highest place is p3 barring any issues with the mercs so it really doesn’t matter when he gets past hulk imo...
Its easier to capitalize on any issues for Mercedes when they're the only ones in front of you. The pace advantage of the RB over the RP will mean either Verstappen overtakes on track or pits. The RP is not kind on its tires and the mediums will have a hard time lasting with high track temperatures vs the hards.
Saishū kōnā

Revs84
Revs84

holeindalip wrote:
godlameroso wrote:
MtthsMlw wrote:

Safety car and issues aside, if Max can have a clean first lap there may actually be more opportunities than you may think.

In my opinion the fastest time will be a combination of 2 hards and 1 medium. Starting on the Hards and finishing on the medium will yield the fastest strategy.

During the first stint, I don't expect the Mediums of the Mercs to hold for long - especially as I do expect Lewis to fight for first position. There's a good chance they start losing a bit of pace until they have enough gap to pit - if they will even get that luxury. Max will need to make sure to stay as close as possible during this time.

With this strategy, if Max can finish on the Mediums and Mercs are on the Hards, there might be a possibility to go on the attack on some fresher and softer rubber.

Granted that the RB16 has less pace than the Mercs, but Honda giving both drivers a new PU, in my opinion is a sign that the plan to finish the year with no penalties is out of the window. I expect a more aggressive mapping tomorrow to make up for part of the package's deficit.

Until RB get the chassis together, that's the only thing they can do. It's clear that this year is all but lost so at this point it's either go all out or go home.

And if there's a Safety Car? Let's just hope it happens after the Mercs pit and before Max pits.

holeindalip
holeindalip

Revs84 wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 21:13
holeindalip wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

Safety car and issues aside, if Max can have a clean first lap there may actually be more opportunities than you may think.

In my opinion the fastest time will be a combination of 2 hards and 1 medium. Starting on the Hards and finishing on the medium will yield the fastest strategy.

During the first stint, I don't expect the Mediums of the Mercs to hold for long - especially as I do expect Lewis to fight for first position. There's a good chance they start losing a bit of pace until they have enough gap to pit - if they will even get that luxury. Max will need to make sure to stay as close as possible during this time.

With this strategy, if Max can finish on the Mediums and Mercs are on the Hards, there might be a possibility to go on the attack on some fresher and softer rubber.

Granted that the RB16 has less pace than the Mercs, but Honda giving both drivers a new PU, in my opinion is a sign that the plan to finish the year with no penalties is out of the window. I expect a more aggressive mapping tomorrow to make up for part of the package's deficit.

Until RB get the chassis together, that's the only thing they can do. It's clear that this year is all but lost so at this point it's either go all out or go home.

And if there's a Safety Car? Let's just hope it happens after the Mercs pit and before Max pits.
Yeah with the mercs being on hards at the end will allow them to go harder and longer than vers. And with the pace advantage I don’t really see him as a threat....

ME4ME

Personally I expect that we will see that Mercedes made the right choice in starting on the medium. To me Red Bull tried something different for the sake of being different.

Its quite likely that there will be a vsc or sv in the first 20 laps of the race, which would fit those that started on the mediums. Also at the start it can be a disadvantage to start on the hards, there is risk of losing position and/or not gaining any.

Only if the first stint goes perfectly and Verstappen can pit without getting in traffic this strategy might benefit him.

If he pits for mediums late enough he might be in contention for FL.

godlameroso

Revs84 wrote:
08 Aug 2020, 21:13
holeindalip wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

You can't expect there to be a safety car or virtual one.
Saishū kōnā