2020 Formula 1 70th Anniversary Grand Prix - Silverstone, August 7-9

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
matt_b
matt_b

Re: 2020 Formula 1 70th Anniversary Grand Prix - Silverstone, August 7-9

zibby43 wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 18:47
Xwang wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 18:40
lh13 wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 16:46
What a sore loser Hamilton is, complaining on the radio that Verstappen must have lower tyre pressure. That's accusing you competitors of cheating.
When I've listened the team radio I've thought the same exact thing.
IMHO Hamilton is a sore loser and an unsportsmanlike.
At the end he complains also about the tyre pressures which according to him were too high. Is he asking help from Pirelli?
Well, you're both wrong, because you erroneously listened to Karun's wild speculation on air, assuming that was what Lewis was insinuating over the radio.

Actual explanation:

"When we start the race we have a minimum tyre pressure and during the race they increase with more laps. I assumed we went on a much steeper rise."

Lewis said he didn't accuse them because he knows everyone has the same settings and minimum tyre pressure.

The irrational Lewis haters cannot stop foaming at the mouth long enough to ask themselves, "Hmm, is Hamilton giving feedback to his team about his tire pressures and how the car is reacting?"

"Nope, he must be complaining!"

:lol:
You beat me to it, game, set, match =D>
Last edited by matt_b on 09 Aug 2020, 18:56, edited 1 time in total.

zibby43
zibby43

lh13 wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 18:50
zibby43 wrote:
Xwang wrote:

At the end he complains also about the tyre pressures which according to him were too high. Is he asking help from Pirelli?
Well, you're both wrong, because you erroneously listened to Karun's wild speculation on air, assuming that was what Lewis was insinuating over the radio.

Actual explanation:

"When we start the race we have a minimum tyre pressure and during the race they increase with more laps. I assumed we went on a much steeper rise."

Lewis said he didn't accuse them because he knows everyone has the same settings and minimum tyre pressure.

The irrational Lewis haters cannot stop foaming at the mouth long enough to ask themselves, "Hmm, is Hamilton giving feedback to his team about his tire pressures and how the car is reacting?"

Still a sore loser.
Good. Someone who doesn't mind losing is just a plain loser.

PlatinumZealot

Mercedes engine too strong for the rear tyres.

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

lh13 wrote:
zibby43 wrote:
Xwang wrote:

Actual explanation:

Still a sore loser.
Show us a driver that's good loser and we'll show you a driver that's not going to be a winner. All of them are sore losers. Max is a sore loser, Seb is a sore loser, Fernando was a sore loser. Michael was a sore loser. Senna was a sore loser.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

godlameroso

dans79 wrote:
godlameroso wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 18:31
1. If Red Bull gets on top of their chassis issues it's going to be game on and we both know it.
I think that's extreme hope on you part more than thing else.
He's second only to Hamilton after 5 races with a DNF in a car that's a second off the pace.
Saishū kōnā

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

I was surprised at how much the Mercs were sliding. In some slow mos during the race, they were visibly sliding across the tarmac. I presume that was as a result of the tyres giving up, which means that once they start to go you've got no chance of protecting them. I assume it's as a result of the Mercs overheating them and them then losing performance.

dans79

godlameroso wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 18:55
dans79 wrote:
godlameroso wrote:
1. If Red Bull gets on top of their chassis issues it's going to be game on and we both know it.
He's second only to Hamilton after 5 races with a DNF in a car that's a second off the pace.
You do understand how the point system works right? I mean, being in second but 40 points behind isn't anything to brag about.
197 104 103 7

dans79

Just_a_fan wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 18:57
I was surprised at how much the Mercs were sliding. In some slow mos during the race, they were visibly sliding across the tarmac. I presume that was as a result of the tyres giving up, which means that once they start to go you've got no chance of protecting them. I assume it's as a result of the Mercs overheating them and them then losing performance.
Yeah, I think they pushed too hard at the beginning of the stints. at the next hot race they'll probably be going just fast enough to stay out of DRS range and then building just big enough of a gap to avoid a potential undercut.
197 104 103 7

Sieper

He isn’t bragging, he is just saying that they might still stand a change if they can improve the car further. Being second now illustrates That.

godlameroso

zibby43 wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 18:53
lh13 wrote:
zibby43 wrote:

Actual explanation:

Still a sore loser.
Like everyone else, you want to learn the way to win, but never to accept a way to lose. To accept defeat is to be liberated from the fear it brings. Accepting defeat is hard because it forces you to be honest with yourself to fix things. It led to Mercedes producing the rocketship of an engine they made this year.
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

PlatinumZealot wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 18:54
Mercedes engine too strong for the rear tyres.

https://i.imgflip.com/430rn7.jpg

Pure gold.
Saishū kōnā

zibby43
zibby43

Just_a_fan wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 18:57
Definitely a sign of the tires giving up, but also a sign of the tremendously high pressures. And the high track temperatures exacerbated the already high pressures, as hotter ambient and track temperatures can cause the tire pressures to increase even more.

When the pressures get really high, you reduce the surface area/contact patch of the tire (this causes more sliding, as you have less surface area to work with). You can get hot spots that then subsequently blister. And as the tires get hotter, the pressures go up even more, making the problem worse and starting the entire cycle over again.
Last edited by zibby43 on 09 Aug 2020, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.

dans79

Sieper wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 19:02
He isn’t bragging, he is just saying that they might still stand a change if they can improve the car further. Being second now illustrates That.
He'd have to win seven races with Lewis finishing second to get ahead or hope for a Lewis DNF.
197 104 103 7

zibby43
zibby43

godlameroso wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 19:03
zibby43 wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 18:53
lh13 wrote:

Still a sore loser.
Like everyone else, you want to learn the way to win, but never to accept a way to lose. To accept defeat is to be liberated from the fear it brings. Accepting defeat is hard because it forces you to be honest with yourself to fix things. It led to Mercedes producing the rocketship of an engine they made this year.
Agreed.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

godlameroso wrote:
09 Aug 2020, 18:55
dans79 wrote:
godlameroso wrote:
In qualifying. Its race pace is not a second off, that's very much obvious to all and sundry.

The Merc is the qualifying king, no doubt. In race trim, the RedBull is within half a second, perhaps even a couple of tenths. Today it was a second faster.