[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
martinbeiker

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Follow-up article on Sainz's cooling woes:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mcla ... p/4856347/. It appears not to be solved yet.

CjC
CjC

It’s stuff like this that is going to nail us to 6th in the constructors unfortunately. We were very good in most areas last season and any off days we go away with. This season is totally different, Renault and RP are faster than us so we need our A game every weekend and so far barring the season opener we have brought our C maybe even D game!
Just a fan's point of view

Big Tea

CjC wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 19:46
It’s stuff like this that is going to nail us to 6th in the constructors unfortunately. We were very good in most areas last season and any off days we go away with. This season is totally different, Renault and RP are faster than us so we need our A game every weekend and so far barring the season opener we have brought our C maybe even D game!
I hope Renault keep giving full support right through the season because I think as the season goes on Mclaren will be comparatively stronger. If it looks too close for Renault, well it has been done before.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

CjC
CjC

Very good point, I forgot about the Renault sour grapes. So yea we are basically screwed this season.

I see the life as a Mclaren fan bites again, we are getting hold of the best PU for next season but the quali modes are banned! Also the FIA are continuing to baffle me and are going to allow Alpha and RP to have upgrades token free next season! It’s madness!! #-o

Sorry my glass is half full today :roll:
Just a fan's point of view

SmallSoldier

martinbeiker wrote:Follow-up article on Sainz's cooling woes:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mcla ... p/4856347/. It appears not to be solved yet.
It’s very intriguing for sure... It seems they have changed everything but the PU, but this should be the last GP on the current PU’s and changing to new ones for Spa

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

search

ALO_Power wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 17:26
How were the long runs?
not good. Only Sauber and Williams were slower. It's pretty close though

godlameroso

McLaren is on par with the midfield, the lap times are decidedly average. Riccardo and LeClerc lead the midfield.

The only saving grace is if Norris can qualify high, he may be able to hold off the pack.
Saishū kōnā

haza

Carlos to have a new engine fitted due to the cooling issue (old one will be used for Friday sessions)

adrianjordan

CjC wrote:
14 Aug 2020, 20:28
Very good point, I forgot about the Renault sour grapes. So yea we are basically screwed this season.

I see the life as a Mclaren fan bites again, we are getting hold of the best PU for next season but the quali modes are banned! Also the FIA are continuing to baffle me and are going to allow Alpha and RP to have upgrades token free next season! It’s madness!! #-o

Sorry my glass is half full today :roll:
I hadn't heard about Alpha and RP being allowed changes token free....

I genuinely expect McLaren to sacrifice performance in the last race or two to bridge the gap to the Merc PU without suffering unduly due to the token system.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

haza

The car is losing so much time in that last sector

McL-H

Car looks so unstable in sector 3. Back end just doesn’t want to stick. Car in first and second sector looks really good, though. We are looking to have the edge over the midfield overall. I hope we can show good pace in qualy. But time lost in S3 could hurt us during tomorrow’s race, with DRS on the straight thereafter.

haza

McL-H wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 12:54
Car looks so unstable in sector 3. Back end just doesn’t want to stick. Car in first and second sector looks really good, though. We are looking to have the edge over the midfield overall. I hope we can show good pace in qualy. But time lost in S3 could hurt us during tomorrow’s race, with DRS on the straight thereafter.
Was onboard with one of the cars was 0.067 behind the merc after sector 2 then lost a huge chunk in s3 lost some 6-7 tenths just in that sector

Lucky

haza wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 13:02
McL-H wrote:
Was onboard with one of the cars was 0.067 behind the merc after sector 2 then lost a huge chunk in s3 lost some 6-7 tenths just in that sector
?

haza

Lucky wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 13:08
haza wrote:
McL-H wrote:
?
https://forum.f1news.ru/uploads/monthly ... 5489e2.png
Was one of the previous runs

M840TR

Lucky wrote:
15 Aug 2020, 13:08
haza wrote:
McL-H wrote:
?
https://forum.f1news.ru/uploads/monthly ... 5489e2.png
The Mercs had poor s3 times here because of mistakes. Wouldn't be surprised to see 7-8 tenths gap. They're in a different league.