2020 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, September 4 - 6

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
NathanOlder

Re: 2020 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, September 4 - 6

Big Tea wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 18:18
NathanOlder wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 18:14
Big Tea wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 18:10

But it is done in clean air driving as you want and not having to watch over your shoulder and block.

Had Ham pulled out a 7 second gap, really hammering his car and there been another SC, he would have taken all that out of his car, need to do his penalty and come out 40 seconds behind a pack of cars nice and cool as they have been driving slowly.

Personal, I prefer to see the target too
Im not with you? If he pits on lap 1, he came out in clear air, if he stays out, hes in clear air. Then when he closes on Albon, the air is dirty, but he catches Albon at the same point.
He doesn't. He catches Albon 3 laps sooner, for Albon and Him. Also once he passes Albon the next car down the road is closer as it has not stretched out from Albon, and so on through the field.
I disagree with that, he catches Albon on the same lap, whether he pits on lap 28, 29 or lap 30
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

El Scorchio

ispano6 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:56
Hoffman900 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:03
ispano6 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:01
so proud to be a Honda fan. KARMA
Karma for what?

Mercedes got penalized.

Great drive by Gasly, I think he wanted that for AH. Was rooting for Carlos, but I’m not upset about Pierre at all.
I'm Buddhist, so maybe it's hard for others to understand.
noun
noun: karma

(in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
Westerners have a different view of the word, as if it means to get even or something negative as in getting what they deserved. It does not have such connotation since it is Sanskrit.
We all understand the concept of karma, but can you tell us why it applies in this case?

Wass85
Wass85

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 18:16
Wass85 wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 18:12

Yeah, he was under the impression it would be better to pit later (which it usually is) but in this instance he was wrong. He then accepted it,and pitted when his team told him.
God, can't believe he thought that when a 7 year old could work all that out..... 😴😂
Yeah top sportsmen/women make mistakes in the heat of the moment, even Lewis. Its like footballer missing an open goal, a 10yr old can score in an open goal, top level footballers do it. means nothing. Not sure why your making something of it ? Maybe as you are still embarrassed after you major stategy mess up earlier. :lol:
In the heat of the moment? 😂

He had just been for an ice cream on his scooter, he was hardly going wheel to wheel with anyone was he? 😂

I'm just smiling trying to see you wiggle your way out of my question whilst trying your best to save the reputation of Hamilton. 😂

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 18:20
Big Tea wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

Im not with you? If he pits on lap 1, he came out in clear air, if he stays out, hes in clear air. Then when he closes on Albon, the air is dirty, but he catches Albon at the same point.
He doesn't. He catches Albon 3 laps sooner, for Albon and Him. Also once he passes Albon the next car down the road is closer as it has not stretched out from Albon, and so on through the field.
I disagree with that, he catches Albon on the same lap, whether he pits on lap 28, 29 or lap 30
+1
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

JordanMugen

JordanMugen wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 16:28
Hopefully Gasly has enough pace to hold off Sainz. :?:
And he does, just! :D :D :lol: Great drive by Gasly!

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Big Tea wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
Big Tea wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 18:10

But it is done in clean air driving as you want and not having to watch over your shoulder and block.

Had Ham pulled out a 7 second gap, really hammering his car and there been another SC, he would have taken all that out of his car, need to do his penalty and come out 40 seconds behind a pack of cars nice and cool as they have been driving slowly.

Personal, I prefer to see the target too
How?

NathanOlder

Wass85 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 18:21
NathanOlder wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

God, can't believe he thought that when a 7 year old could work all that out..... 😴😂
Yeah top sportsmen/women make mistakes in the heat of the moment, even Lewis. Its like footballer missing an open goal, a 10yr old can score in an open goal, top level footballers do it. means nothing. Not sure why your making something of it ? Maybe as you are still embarrassed after you major stategy mess up earlier. :lol:

He had just been for an ice cream on his scooter, he was hardly going wheel to wheel with anyone was he? 😂

I'm just smiling trying to see you wiggle your way out of my question whilst trying your best to save the reputation of Hamilton. 😂
When did he ask the team, I thought ot was on the warm up lap to the grid. Not sat at the side of the track?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

El Scorchio

Hamilton is a driver rather than a strategist. It’s not his job to think about all the permutations of ‘what if’ another safety car happens immediately after the restart and how it might have an impact on the rest of his race depending on what lap he serves his penalty on. He won’t have considered the situation beyond the pure racing aspect and nor should he.

James Vowles as they head of strategy IS paid to think of these things so he just got on the radio to tell Hamilton it was strategically the best thing to do. Its such a trivial thing. I really don’t see the point in harping on about it and using it as a stick to beat Hamilton with.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

El Scorchio wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 18:27
Hamilton is a driver rather than a strategist. It’s not his job to think about all the permutations of ‘what if’ another safety car happens immediately after the restart and how it might have an impact on the rest of his race depending on what lap he serves his penalty on. He won’t have considered the situation beyond the pure racing aspect and nor should he.

James Vowles as they head of strategy IS paid to think of these things so he just got on the radio to tell Hamilton it was strategically the best thing to do. Its such a trivial thing. I really don’t see the point in harping on about it and using it as a stick to beat Hamilton with.
Some people live for it unfortunately.

SmallSoldier wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:47
214270 wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 17:22

Great race from him... Managing to keep Bottas behind him in that last stint in what is a superior car! Nicely done by both Mclaren drivers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
SAI has a great race; NOR never made much impact. He never goes out and takes the result.
What are you talking about? He finished P4 after starting the race P6... Made a great pass on Bottas into the second chicane... Managed to pass Perez and Bottas in the first stint and keep both of them behind... He managed to keep Bottas behind for all of the second stint.

He made the moves he needed to make on the Alfa Romeo’s when he had to.

He is leading Mclaren in terms of points in the teams and tied for P4 with Stroll in the WCC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Meanwhile, his teammate in the same machinery gapped him on both occasions from stationary start. On these boards that’s the behaviour of a No.2 driver - unable to keep up with your teammate.

He’s in for a hiding once RIC gets comfortable next year.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Shrieker

Bill_Kar wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 18:08
Still feel gutted about Sainz. We excessivily use the phrase one more lap could change things, in this case I think it actually would.
I'm relieved, but to each his own i guess. Well done and a well deserved congrats to Gasly.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Wass85
Wass85

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 18:23
Wass85 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 18:21
NathanOlder wrote:

When did he ask the team, I thought ot was on the warm up lap to the grid. Not sat at the side of the track?
He asked this once he got back in the car during the red flag period, like I said hardly in the middle of the action. Not very cerebral of him?

Big Tea

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 18:20
Big Tea wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

No, he catches him on 28, 29, or 30. 25, 24 or 23 laps to get up the field. If the race finished 3 laps sooner for Lewis he may not have made the final pass or 2 as his tyres would be older and the cars he passed could drain the electric energy
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wass85
Wass85

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 18:27
Wass85 wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 18:25
Restomaniac wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 18:23
How?
Now you're asking how when you've been agreeing with him all this time. 😂

He would have because he was in clean air no matter what so was going as fast as he possibly could.
He wouldn't catch Albon any sooner
I meant to say wouldn't have, typo.

You have overlooked a point though, pitting after one lap you're not going to get the heat in to the tyres like you would by staying out till the last minute.

Now of course that wouldn't be enough to catch Ricciardo but every tenth counts.

Schuttelberg

I think the nonsense going on about how Lewis should have seen the lights is outright ghastly. Mercedes strategy team screwed up. If anything, Hamilton was flawless.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"