[ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Moore77

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

the EDGE wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 10:24
Moore77 wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 10:03
Getting Vettel into Aston Martin is a great news. Just shows their ambitions to be serious contenders that, they want to go beyond pay drivers. Like I mentioned earlier, with Toto being a share holder, they will continue to get more assistance from Mercedes and who knows, there might even be some key staff transfers from second layer of the pool from Brackley to Silverstone with the upcoming budget restrictions for 2022 that would force Mercedes to let go some people. All in all, a very good situation for Aston Martin and Vettel.

With McLaren on the rise and with also powered by Mercedes, if stroll and company (Aston Martin) could pump in more money, this team could start making serious inroads towards to the top 3 with that Mercedes at the back.
That’s a very good point about the transfer of staff

However I would say that if Aston Martin was serious then they would’ve dropped stroll and kept Checo.

I honestly can’t see this move being good for either party
On the basis of results seen so far, Stroll has been ahead of Perez (in the GPs they both have contested) and that doesn't warrant Stroll to be dropped. He is young and is still learning and is less error prone compared to Perez. He even got their only podium this year!
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Big Tea

the EDGE wrote:
Moore77 wrote:
Getting Vettel into Aston Martin is a great news. Just shows their ambitions to be serious contenders that, they want to go beyond pay drivers. Like I mentioned earlier, with Toto being a share holder, they will continue to get more assistance from Mercedes and who knows, there might even be some key staff transfers from second layer of the pool from Brackley to Silverstone with the upcoming budget restrictions for 2022 that would force Mercedes to let go some people. All in all, a very good situation for Aston Martin and Vettel.

With McLaren on the rise and with also powered by Mercedes, if stroll and company (Aston Martin) could pump in more money, this team could start making serious inroads towards to the top 3 with that Mercedes at the back.

However I would say that if Aston Martin was serious then they would’ve dropped stroll and kept Checo.

Seb and Stroll probably less sparks than Seb and Checo
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

the EDGE

Big Tea wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 10:43
the EDGE wrote:
Moore77 wrote:

Seb and Stroll probably less sparks than Seb and Checo
Well there’s no doubt Checo’s a fiery character is there, & Seb is not far behind (if at all), but both are capable of respect Nowadays

If the 22 regs achieve their goal, then the driver is supposed to be the differentiator, i’ve never been a fan of Checo, Stroll or Seb, So I can honestly say without prejudiced that if it was my car they were driving, that would be the order I’d go after them in

mem

you must be living in a parallel world to think daddy Stroll will sack baby Stroll , Lance is here to stay as long Lawrence is here.

Racer X

the EDGE wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 10:58
I'vee never been a fan of Checo, Stroll or Seb, So I can honestly say without prejudiced that if it was my car they were driving, that would be the order I’d go after them in
Really Stroll before Vettel... I guess that makes sense he can't *beat* Leclerc and Stroll isn't an amazing prodigy but he's also not slow. So perhaps you're correct and Vettel better beat Lance if he can't beat Lance he's going hate his life more.... Karma's a bitch too I wonder if Aston Martin know they can't win a championship so they want to make Stroll seem like a Champ by him "beating" a Champ.... I will hate Lawrence more than anything if he has Team orders to favor his kid. Like he did against Hullkenberg.

It's questionable if he's done that with Perez. Maybe Racing Point is just stupid when it comes to Sergio in recent races. Maybe they really did just slip up on his pit stops so far. Haha I don't wanna cry conspiracy. But they definitely did slow down Hulk on purpose.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

El Scorchio

Sucks for Checo. Hope he gets a drive somewhere else.

Deadpool

With this move Sebastian enters the Mercedes family and the waiting list for the main team. We'll see how it goes. I wish him all the best although I think that his peak of form has long passed ...

Deadpool

El Scorchio wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 11:50
If I were a Ferrari recruiter i would have his number in the phone book just in case ...

El Scorchio

Deadpool wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 12:11
El Scorchio wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 11:50
If I were a Ferrari recruiter i would have his number in the phone book just in case ...
I think a few teams would be wise to. I think he would take a lot of convincing and need to see progress (or have it sold as a project) to consider it, but Williams could probably really do with his backing and if they paired him with Russell would have a much stronger driver line up than now.

Big Tea

I think much of this move is PR related. Not that I don't think Seb will be a worthwhile addition, but the sponsors probably will too.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

holeindalip

Racer X wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 11:37
the EDGE wrote:
I'vee never been a fan of Checo, Stroll or Seb, So I can honestly say without prejudiced that if it was my car they were driving, that would be the order I’d go after them in
Really Stroll before Vettel... I guess that makes sense he can't *beat* Leclerc and Stroll isn't an amazing prodigy but he's also not slow. So perhaps you're correct and Vettel better beat Lance if he can't beat Lance he's going hate his life more.... Karma's a bitch too I wonder if Aston Martin know they can't win a championship so they want to make Stroll seem like a Champ by him "beating" a Champ.... I will hate Lawrence more than anything if he has Team orders to favor his kid. Like he did against Hullkenberg.

It's questionable if he's done that with Perez. Maybe Racing Point is just stupid when it comes to Sergio in recent races. Maybe they really did just slip up on his pit stops so far. Haha I don't wanna cry conspiracy. But they definitely did slow down Hulk on purpose.
Seb doesn’t follow team orders, what world have you been living in?

MtthsMlw

Oof

billamend

He knew what was coming.

Racer X

holeindalip wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 14:39
Racer X wrote:
the EDGE wrote:

They dont have to give team orders to Vettel to* favor Lance*, i'm talking about literally ORDERS TO THE TEAM.... Its in the English im talking about giving orders to the team that favor Stroll over Vettel.
like they gave orders to the team that favored Lance in Silverstone. WHAT im saying if you read my comment is i HOPE they dont do that to Vettel in any way. Or do that FOR Lance if you will...
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Hoffman900

Racer X wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 18:56
holeindalip wrote:
10 Sep 2020, 14:39
Racer X wrote:

They dont have to give team orders to Vettel to* favor Lance*, i'm talking about literally ORDERS TO THE TEAM.... Its in the English im talking about giving orders to the team that favor Stroll over Vettel.
like they gave orders to the team that favored Lance in Silverstone. WHAT im saying if you read my comment is i HOPE they dont do that to Vettel in any way. Or do that FOR Lance if you will...
They favored Lance for drivers points.

Why would you favor a driver who is in the car for two races to take points away from one that is in the car all season?

The amount of tin foil hats here is incredible.