2020 Tuscan Grand Prix - Mugello, September 11 - 13

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
MtthsMlw

Re: 2020 Tuscan Grand Prix - Mugello, September 11 - 13

Two spectacles in a row to make up for Sochi

Moore77

Racer X wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 18:04
Lance claims he got a puncture but who knows maybe he did it happeed so fast. It's a shame all those car upgrades ended up in the barriers...
He atleast didn't blindly crashed into a driver at first corner coming out of pits.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Schuttelberg

God you have to respect Lewis for that message. Anyone with their nuts and bolts in their brains shouldn't object to that.

And Bottas!! He is decimated. I know the Mercedes is a prize seat, but he needs to walk away from it if he wants to have anything called a career from 2022.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Fulcrum

siskue2005 wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 18:09
grubschumi13 wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 17:56
siskue2005 wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 17:47

You mean the 6 corners in which he was ahead? :?:
In qualifying was 0.059 short, perhaps denied by the yellow flag.
No proof of that at all!
In his start of the race,
Which he lost it in the next restart
in his demand to go on an opposite strategy.
Merc stopped giving opposite strategy to them long long ago, even Lewis used to ask that but Merc wont do that
He was within 1-2 seconds of Lewis. Even Lewis said it in the interview, Bottas did not give him a chance to go into management mode.
Lewis was easily maintaining the required gap, this was evidenced by him tell the team the his tyres are ok and no need to pit when Bottas' tyres were toast. And then banging in 1.2 sec faster lap in the penultimate lap when Bottas came closer, all this shows Lewis was just maintaining the gap to Bottas
If Bottas does this every weekend.
Yeah if he does this every weekend, Lose pole, lose the lead, lose the tyres and toast them, and then waiting for SC to rectify his short comings and still get beat massively. :lol: Yeah let him do this every weekend and Lewis will win easily
The real secret here and it's one Bottas is working on is, get pole, get into the first corner ahead. A Merc following another Merc rarely gets to overtake on track unless the team switch strategies.
And yet Lewis remains the only merc driver to successfully pass their teammate without any team help or stratergy.
There appears to be a very odd form of psychosis on this forum at the moment, whereby Bottas is made to appear more competitive than he really is.

My guess is, this Mercedes is 'so easy' to drive (comparatively) it makes average drivers look better than they really are. Go back to a 'diva' Mercedes like 2018 and Bottas will be nowhere near Hamilton.

Honestly, the only way Bottas will ever be potentially competitive with Hamilton is if Pirelli revert to bulletproof, zero-degradation tyres.

Even if Bottas puts it on pole, or leads the first lap, Hamilton will pass him toward the end of any given stint, or during the pitstops.

Bottas is simply atrocious at tyre management relative to Hamilton. Alternatively, he's driving that much harder to keep up with Hamilton, leading to precipitous drop-offs in tyres at the end of stints.

Irrespective, Hamilton has Bottas covered from all angles, who is probably his least competitive teammate, barring Kovalainen. Not bad considering the others are all World Champions, but clearly not in the same class, and likely flattered by a car which appears to be on rails and comparatively 'easy' to drive.

Schuttelberg wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 18:26
God you have to respect Lewis for that message. Anyone with their nuts and bolts in their brains shouldn't object to that.
+1
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Big Tea

So, what is peoples view on this race?

Yes it was entertaining, except for line up in the pits under red, when half the viewers switched channels, and got interested in something else, ans I want to see racing, not crashing out.

I am not impressed at half the drivers not seeming to know the restart rules either.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

NathanOlder

Big Tea wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 18:41
So, what is peoples view on this race?

Yes it was entertaining, except for line up in the pits under red, when half the viewers switched channels, and got interested in something else, ans I want to see racing, not crashing out.

I am not impressed at half the drivers not seeming to know the restart rules either.
My view is, Ferrari in race pace today were pretty much identical to Williams. Claire with the budget did a better job than Binotto :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

xwz
xwz

So in their grand jubilee race Ferrari could, in just the remaining few laps after the 2nd restart, not even manage to keep both their drivers within 5 seconds behind Räikkönen - did Leclerc take a little care of his teammate there, or was Vettel genuinely that much slower than the Alfa?

Looking at the SC restart, there really shouldn’t be any gaps. There was a massive one on this restart seemingly resulting from RIC who I believe was sleeping.

I believe because of that artificial gap, RIC might have tried to floor it and close the gap ahead causing a chain reaction behind. That’s how I eyeball it from the replays.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Sevach

Racer X wrote:
Lance claims he got a puncture but who knows maybe he did it happeed so fast. It's a shame all those car upgrades ended up in the barriers...
You can see from Albon's camera that something broke on Stroll's car as he turns in, looked more like suspension to me.

Upgrades seemed to work, Lance was the fastest RP in this race.

xwz
xwz

Sevach wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 18:47
Racer X wrote:
You can see from Albon's camera that something broke on Stroll's car as he turns in, looked more like suspension to me.
You can as well see that from Stroll's onboard, a black patch of something - tyre or suspension? - at the left front, just before he leaves the track.

ENGINE TUNER

Fulcrum wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 18:37
siskue2005 wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 18:09
grubschumi13 wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 17:56

In qualifying was 0.059 short, perhaps denied by the yellow flag.
No proof of that at all!
In his start of the race,
Which he lost it in the next restart
in his demand to go on an opposite strategy.
Merc stopped giving opposite strategy to them long long ago, even Lewis used to ask that but Merc wont do that
He was within 1-2 seconds of Lewis. Even Lewis said it in the interview, Bottas did not give him a chance to go into management mode.
Lewis was easily maintaining the required gap, this was evidenced by him tell the team the his tyres are ok and no need to pit when Bottas' tyres were toast. And then banging in 1.2 sec faster lap in the penultimate lap when Bottas came closer, all this shows Lewis was just maintaining the gap to Bottas
If Bottas does this every weekend.
Yeah if he does this every weekend, Lose pole, lose the lead, lose the tyres and toast them, and then waiting for SC to rectify his short comings and still get beat massively. :lol: Yeah let him do this every weekend and Lewis will win easily
The real secret here and it's one Bottas is working on is, get pole, get into the first corner ahead. A Merc following another Merc rarely gets to overtake on track unless the team switch strategies.
And yet Lewis remains the only merc driver to successfully pass their teammate without any team help or stratergy.
There appears to be a very odd form of psychosis on this forum at the moment, whereby Bottas is made to appear more competitive than he really is.

My guess is, this Mercedes is 'so easy' to drive (comparatively) it makes average drivers look better than they really are. Go back to a 'diva' Mercedes like 2018 and Bottas will be nowhere near Hamilton.

Honestly, the only way Bottas will ever be potentially competitive with Hamilton is if Pirelli revert to bulletproof, zero-degradation tyres.

Even if Bottas puts it on pole, or leads the first lap, Hamilton will pass him toward the end of any given stint, or during the pitstops.

Bottas is simply atrocious at tyre management relative to Hamilton. Alternatively, he's driving that much harder to keep up with Hamilton, leading to precipitous drop-offs in tyres at the end of stints.

Irrespective, Hamilton has Bottas covered from all angles, who is probably his least competitive teammate, barring Kovalainen. Not bad considering the others are all World Champions, but clearly not in the same class, and likely flattered by a car which appears to be on rails and comparatively 'easy' to drive.
You are discounting that the following driver always suffers from more deg from sliding around behind the leader. HAM has focused on winning pole and getting good starts. BOT got the better start, but didn't get the opportunity to have clean air as the leader because of the start crashes and red flag. Dont discount the beauty of the around the outside pass by HAM on the start.

RZS10

i think it's some part that got shot forwards from the back

PlatinumZealot

epo wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 17:50
PlatinumZealot wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 17:44
Get those cops! Murderers!

Justice for Breonna Taylor! :evil:
Yeah Mr Hamilton shows again how pathetic he is and the FIA just let's it go, another win for the cancel culture.
Hearftully disagree with you. Hamilton is the real big man for doing this! Standing up for Human rights and Justice! Research this topic and you will see how disgusting this was for human rights in the " country that leads the free world". Wont divert here.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

siskue2005

nzjrs wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 18:19
notsofast wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 18:15
Thank you coronavirus for making F1 great again.

Racing like it's 1998!

All kidding aside, for you young'uns, this is what F1 was like before everything was analyzed and optimized to death.

:D
I don't remember if/for how long tire changes during red flag stoppages were always permitted? Does anyone have a good overview here?
The parc ferma rules came into force from 2003 onwards only
The parc ferme rules will seize when the race starts, so ever since 2003 if there is a red flag anything can be done on the car.
before 2003 there were no parc ferme rules, so anything can be done no matter what.
So in short, it was always permitted to change cars or even setups during a red flag