[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

To be honoust, for years I thought RBR was powered by Renault. Recently learned it was mecachrome.

GhostF1

Sieper wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 00:58
To be honoust, for years I thought RBR was powered by Renault. Recently learned it was mecachrome.
Haha, until they moved to Tag Heuer for this year. They're actually now powered by 5,000 Chronograph watches going round and round.

Sieper

😁 hahaha mechanical watches, perpetual motion.

mem

GhostF1 wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 00:49
I'm not preventing you from saying your own opinion lol, where did you get that? I'm saying mine, it's a forum for discussion.

I had a reply, but I've deleted it, I can't be bothered for the angst for this discussion to just go nowhere anyway.

You have yours, I have mine. Let's leave it at that regarding Albon/Gasly.
saying my opinion is not an agenda iam not a paid shill , i don't care who drive where , here is my say about what Gasly should do.
mem wrote:
08 Sep 2020, 15:02
Renault should ditch Ocon and get Gasly as lead driver for Alpine he has the privilege of wining f1 race and he is young good driver obviously french , better for him of being Max wing man or stay at SAT.
ispano6 wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 00:14
When 3 other cars use the same power units and software and don't suffer the same issues something doesn't add up. Let's wait and see what they discover and whether or not they will reveal what is truly behind the issues.
i think they are pushing so aggressively with him trying to make him cope with the mercs to make him happy :mrgreen:
obviously Honda lack power comparing to the mercs but i think they can bounce enormously in 2021 , new PU and one in season upgrade, they will cure current PU flaws.
Cyril still praying for a remarriage , not gonna happens.

Jaisonas

Maybe after those 2 failures , its time for honda to try and push for a """""""reliability""""""" upgrade? :wink: :wink:

windy1603

ispano6 wrote:When 3 other cars use the same power units and software and don't suffer the same issues something doesn't add up. Let's wait and see what they discover and whether or not they will reveal what is truly behind the issues.
How do we know its a Honda issue. Max gets all the upgrades etc first

Its more than possible they have modded or relocated some internal ancillaries as part of these upgrades and introduced a car specific hot spot which is tripping some part of the management system into fault mode

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Last edited by windy1603 on 14 Sep 2020, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.

velizare

Jaisonas wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 09:27
Maybe after those 2 failures , its time for honda to try and push for a """""""reliability""""""" upgrade? :wink: :wink:
its a tricky situation, because not the engine was what failed. only red bull and honda might know, what led to failures. i'm waiting for tanabe's report about this second case. at the first he said it will be a problem if it happens again, but we dont even know if its the same thing like in monza, or something new.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

TNTHead

Wouter wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 11:55

Well done indeed by Albon. The critics mouths are shut for the next races I think. I find it still baffling how the sentiment about a driver swings from bad to good in just one race (or the other way around)...The verb 'you are as good as your last race' is obviously not true but handled that way by many.

Big Tea

TNTHead wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 13:07
Well done indeed by Albon. The critics mouths are shut for the next races I think. I find it still baffling how the sentiment about a driver swings from bad to good in just one race (or the other way around)...The verb 'you are as good as your last race' is obviously not true but handled that way by many.
[/quote]

As he was the only RedBull in the race, his job was to get most possible points. Had Max still been in, he may have had another job and no podium. First call makes a huge difference.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Manoah2u

Let's be honest here, the first few corners, then the red flag, then the restart, then the safety car, then the rolling restart, pretty much were the only real 'significant' moments that decided the race. When the 'dust had settled' the GP was far less exciting.

Ifs and Ifs, sure, but let's face it, Max did not get out of the race because of his own mistake, his engine abandoned him. That in itself caused the crash that caused the red flag in the first place.
But looking at Max start, he would definately have had Lewis if his engine didn't fail. Whether he would have finished in front of Lewis is a huge quesiton mark, but at the same time, Bottas again failed under pressure and it's pretty imaginable he would atleast have had Bottas, so P2 would have been a reasonable outcome, I still feel that P1 could have been a very possible outcome.

However, It really doesn't matter much. In the best of Scenarios, Max P1, Lew P2, Bot P3, is most realistic. It would still leave Max in P3 in the standings just behind Bottas, and Lewis with a generous lead.

Max would still need two more wins versus two DNF from Hamilton to bring life back to the title fight.
Not even Bottas is in the title fight anymore, so it really doesn't matter anymore anyway.
A miracle has to happen for the title fight to get back on it's feet, and I honestly don't see that happening.

Don't get me wrong though, this season turns out to be pretty amazing, however it goes down.

But it's sad that once again, the engine is the thing that keeps RedBull from being able to make the difference.
Renault let them down at the start of the V6T era, Honda brought back hope but at the moment still is lacking.

The importance of the engine once again is greatly seen also in the case of Ferrari's demise.

Mercedes keep being in a league of their own. I wonder how long RedBull will keep their patience.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

godlameroso

Manoah2u wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 17:18
Let's be honest here, the first few corners, then the red flag, then the restart, then the safety car, then the rolling restart, pretty much were the only real 'significant' moments that decided the race. When the 'dust had settled' the GP was far less exciting.

Ifs and Ifs, sure, but let's face it, Max did not get out of the race because of his own mistake, his engine abandoned him. That in itself caused the crash that caused the red flag in the first place.
But looking at Max start, he would definately have had Lewis if his engine didn't fail. Whether he would have finished in front of Lewis is a huge quesiton mark, but at the same time, Bottas again failed under pressure and it's pretty imaginable he would atleast have had Bottas, so P2 would have been a reasonable outcome, I still feel that P1 could have been a very possible outcome.

However, It really doesn't matter much. In the best of Scenarios, Max P1, Lew P2, Bot P3, is most realistic. It would still leave Max in P3 in the standings just behind Bottas, and Lewis with a generous lead.

Max would still need two more wins versus two DNF from Hamilton to bring life back to the title fight.
Not even Bottas is in the title fight anymore, so it really doesn't matter anymore anyway.
A miracle has to happen for the title fight to get back on it's feet, and I honestly don't see that happening.

Don't get me wrong though, this season turns out to be pretty amazing, however it goes down.

But it's sad that once again, the engine is the thing that keeps RedBull from being able to make the difference.
Renault let them down at the start of the V6T era, Honda brought back hope but at the moment still is lacking.

The importance of the engine once again is greatly seen also in the case of Ferrari's demise.

Mercedes keep being in a league of their own. I wonder how long RedBull will keep their patience.
Verstappen would have to win and get fastest lap from now until the end of the season and Hamilton would have to score no points or DNF at least 1 time. If Hamilton comes second in every race Verstappen would only recover 64 pts and the lead is 80. Championship is over pretty much, RB will still push, they want to win, they're here to race. RB signed the new Concorde agreement, Honda is the big question mark, and I don't think they want to quit just yet.
Saishū kōnā

mem

Manoah2u wrote:
I wonder how long RedBull will keep their patience.
or what ?
kissing mercs and ferrari hands for PU and being treated like a slave ?
going back to Cyril and keeps fighting publicly ?
Honda want glory and they won't get better than RBR chassis , RBR need PU Honda give for free and respect, a powerful one they just need to fix its flaws it was very good in 2019 iam sure they will bounce back for 2021.
both are big bargain to each other and for the Scuderia Alpha Tauri they should be the most beneficial team for 2022.
who else have a B team with nothing to say ? if mercs use AMR as B team surely Lawrence will need a considerable piece of the cake for his own team.
the best thing for Honda to do is to has its name coupled with RBR on the podiums , best thing to RBR to do be grateful to Honda and keep their cooperation more deepening.
the near future could be for the RBR-Honda they have ACE driver Max, ACE TD Newey, and the most important the decline of Mercedes , they just took a big hit of around 2 billions fine for emission cheating and the FIA determination to slow them down , thats what i said about them yesterday
mem wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 15:10
INEOS or not, the right thing for mercs now to start selling shares they will start the decline next year with the reversed grid or in 2022 with the spending cap , FIA determine to slow them and they will eventually.
selling high is a smart business Daimler happy Toto happy.
hopefully that will make them lose sharpness i think its very fair for them 7 titles or 8 thats more than enough.

Pany

Mmmm, things are changing fast. I had lot of hope in honda, but after lots of races they are still behind to mercedes. No way for them too. I told many times this is engine based formula. Nothing can be done. Please don't dream 2022 things will change, because these Pu will still be dominant. Mercedes were clever to promote new chassis rules, so that their superiority will keep intact.
mem wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 20:16
Manoah2u wrote:
I wonder how long RedBull will keep their patience.
or what ?
kissing mercs and ferrari hands for PU and being treated like a slave ?
going back to Cyril and keeps fighting publicly ?
Honda want glory and they won't get better than RBR chassis , RBR need PU Honda give for free and respect, a powerful one they just need to fix its flaws it was very good in 2019 iam sure they will bounce back for 2021.
both are big bargain to each other and for the Scuderia Alpha Tauri they should be the most beneficial team for 2022.
who else have a B team with nothing to say ? if mercs use AMR as B team surely Lawrence will need a considerable piece of the cake for his own team.
the best thing for Honda to do is to has its name coupled with RBR on the podiums , best thing to RBR to do be grateful to Honda and keep their cooperation more deepening.
the near future could be for the RBR-Honda they have ACE driver Max, ACE TD Newey, and the most important the decline of Mercedes , they just took a big hit of around 2 billions fine for emission cheating and the FIA determination to slow them down , thats what i said about them yesterday
mem wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 15:10
INEOS or not, the right thing for mercs now to start selling shares they will start the decline next year with the reversed grid or in 2022 with the spending cap , FIA determine to slow them and they will eventually.
selling high is a smart business Daimler happy Toto happy.
hopefully that will make them lose sharpness i think its very fair for them 7 titles or 8 thats more than enough.

TNTHead

I agree that the formula is oriented toward PU, but it is still not the case that only Mercedes powered cars are at the front (look at Williams...). So lets be fair PU-chassis wise for performance it's not 100%-0% but more 60%-40%. That still means that with a superior chassis you can claw back some of performance deficit induced by the PU (which RB has been doing the past years). Problem at the moment is that Merc is not only with their PU on top but also with their chassis (and with reliability). So starting all over again with chassis in 2022 there is hope that there will be at least some performance leveling.

So management wise one could say that the Key Performance Indicators for the car are PU, Chassis and Reliability. Besides that of course driver and team operation. Obviously on all three car aspects RB has room for improvement.