2020 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi Autodrom, September 25 - 27

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Fulcrum

Re: 2020 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi Autodrom, September 25 - 27

Well done to Bottas, doing his job as a #2 today.

His "to all the haters" shtick is extremely immature, in bad taste, and decidedly out of place considering the nature of the victory, IMO. This, in conjunction with the fact he actually replies to some of the Twitter/Instagram hate suggests he's let it get to him. Don't feed the hate Bottas, rise above it.

Otherwise, another paint-drying session from Sochi.

PlatinumZealot

Confirmed by radio that Mercedes confirmed that Ham could do the practice start that far from the pits.. Again Lewis suffers for the team. This penalty points are bull....
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

siskue2005

Fulcrum wrote: ↑
27 Sep 2020, 15:35
Well done to Bottas, doing his job as a #2 today.

His "to all the haters" shtick is extremely immature, in bad taste, and decidedly out of place considering the nature of the victory, IMO. This, in conjunction with the fact he actually replies to some of the Twitter/Instagram hate suggests he's let it get to him. Don't feed the hate Bottas, rise above it.

Otherwise, another paint-drying session from Sochi.
Yeah it was cheesy really his comments
At least it sounded great when he did that in Australia last year, when he comprehensively beat Lewis and got fastest lap. But this was not one of those occasions

siskue2005

PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
27 Sep 2020, 15:36
Confirmed by radio that Mercedes confirmed that Ham could do the practice start that far from the pits.. Again Lewis suffers for the team. This penalty points are bull....
IMO, The penalty points should only be given for collisions
It is just BS to give it out for team's mistakes like in Monza and here

PlatinumZealot

Big up to LeClerc working his magic again. He got that rodeo donkey deep up into the points. Surprising how high he is in the championship.

siskue2005

epo wrote: ↑
27 Sep 2020, 15:37
27 Sep 2020, 15:26
27 Sep 2020, 15:02

Good for him,but too bad for him and the sport he’s never had a real challenge in all these years but that’s not his fault though. But he can act like a normal guy instead of a pussy when something is not going in his way.
Why are the mods not doing anything about this behaviour?! Look at the incessant trolling of this guy! I'm dissapointed no action has been taken.

You need to go on a forum vacation Epo. Looking on your posts you are nothing but trolling for the sake of it.
Haha, I've asked two times for deletion of my account but they never did. And yeah at least I admit I sometimes make stupid posts because I get so annoyed about some people here. Though that post about Hamilton crying as pussy is correct, take it the penalty like a guy like Ricciardo did.
There are some good guys with great info on this forum. You have good info also sometimes but can be one of the biggest troll of all them though, and you know it :)
He would take it like Riccardo if he know that it was his own fault got him the penalty
Like in Brail 2019, he openly said he deserved the penalty as he took out Albon
Please try to non-biased when you comment such things!

PlatinumZealot

siskue2005 wrote: ↑
My thoughts as well. They should be for dangerous driving behaviour. Not for this sort of stuff. The race penalty was already enough to penalise the driver for small slip ups by the team.

LM10

27 Sep 2020, 15:28
LM10 wrote: ↑
27 Sep 2020, 15:24
27 Sep 2020, 15:14

So that it will bring out the haters from the woods, :lol: it will take next race and a win for them to go back again! :roll: :lol:
A person must be really naive to believe that Hamilton needs to deal with difficulties. Actually he is the driver in the most relaxed environment of all. Best car, best team and he can do whatever he wants to. He doesn't even have an opponent this season and can only beat himself by stupid mistakes like today.
So? hasnt he struggled from childhood to reach where he is now? and the best team etc etc blah blah is what he deserved with all these years of hard work.... it is like saying "oh look Bill gates he has all the money, he doesn't deserve it"
No one has achieved anything by simply sitting at home and hating, trolling over the internet :lol:

And the stupidity today was partly the teams' fault too, gave him authorization to do that
I'm not talking about his struggle in childhood. He's not been the only struggling human being out there.
He worked hard to be there where he is, so did others. But that's not my point anyway so I don't understand why you started talking about his childhood.
The point I'm trying to make is that I fail to see why some people try to give the impression of Lewis having to deal with difficulties now because he's at least as far away from that as is Ferrari from the championship this season.
Last edited by LM10 on 27 Sep 2020, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.

siskue2005

27 Sep 2020, 15:39
My thoughts as well. They should be for dangerous driving behaviour. Not for this sort of stuff. The race penalty was already enough to penalise the driver for small slip ups by the team.
In 2014 when these rules came, they gave out penalty points only if they didnot give any race penalties.
Now it is accompanied with every little slip ups :wtf:

NathanOlder

Wynters wrote: ↑
27 Sep 2020, 15:15
[

Nice to see some actual overtaking in Russia, but the Stewards' ruling on having to weave through those bollards took no account of the angles cars might find themselves in, once they'd finished bouncing off the kerbs. If everyone is breaking the rule, perhaps it's a stupid rule.
On those Bollards, they were only a compromise if you actually attempted to make the corner, Like Sainz was doing, or Grosjean attempted. to go through, they needed to slow down more. Max showed us that if you bail out early and just miss the apex by a mile, you don't even lose a tenth. Max was able to go in to turn 2 side by side with Ric. then aftwr the bollards, he wasn't even a car length behind. The Stewards need to make a better job of punishing drivers who cut corners.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

siskue2005

27 Sep 2020, 15:41
27 Sep 2020, 15:28
27 Sep 2020, 15:24

A person must be really naive to believe that Hamilton needs to deal with difficulties. Actually he is the driver in the most relaxed environment of all. Best car, best team and he can do whatever he wants to. He doesn't even have an opponent this season and can only beat himself by stupid mistakes like today.
So? hasnt he struggled from childhood to reach where he is now? and the best team etc etc blah blah is what he deserved with all these years of hard work.... it is like saying "oh look Bill gates he has all the money, he doesn't deserve it"
No one has achieved anything by simply sitting at home and hating, trolling over the internet :lol:

And the stupidity today was partly the teams' fault too, gave him authorization to do that
I'm not talking about his struggle in childhood. He's not been the only struggling human being out there.
He worked hard to be there where he is, so did others. But that's not my point anyway so I don't understand why you started talking about his childhood.
The point I'm trying to make is that I fail to see why some people try to give the impression of Lewis having to deal with difficulties now because he's as at least far away from that as is Ferrari from the championship this season.
Your posts and countless similar posts prove that people always hate the ones who are successful. and it has trickled down to the establishment aswell.
Remeber Monza 2019, with that much amount of swerving, pushing and track cutting Leclerc did there, if it was Lewis they would have given in 10 sec Stop go and 10 penalty points :lol: That pattern has been seen in this season aswell!

To give penalty points for team's fault AND a race penalty
Remeber 2019 German GP when Leclerc was not given any penalty, instead the team was given financial fine! :roll:
Hmm, do you see the pattern here!

And the thing about his childhood struggles, i needed to make the point that what is having now is well deserved

cplchanb

El Scorchio wrote: ↑
27 Sep 2020, 14:52
Verstappen driver of the day after doing precisely nothing during the race?

meanwhile bottas passing max and controlling the win doesnt even crack top 3...
checo should have gotten it if anyone. solid 4th and outraced the renaults

Juzh

27 Sep 2020, 15:26
27 Sep 2020, 15:02

Good for him,but too bad for him and the sport he’s never had a real challenge in all these years but that’s not his fault though. But he can act like a normal guy instead of a pussy when something is not going in his way.
Why are the mods not doing anything about this behaviour?! Look at the incessant trolling of this guy! I'm dissapointed no action has been taken.

You need to go on a forum vacation Epo. Looking on your posts you are nothing but trolling for the sake of it.
Haha, I've asked two times for deletion of my account but they never did. And yeah at least I admit I sometimes make stupid posts because I get so annoyed about some people here. Though that post about Hamilton crying as pussy is correct, take it the penalty like a guy like Ricciardo did.
There are some good guys with great info on this forum. You have good info also sometimes but can be one of the biggest troll of all them though, and you know it :)
Just dont go to these so called race threads, they really should be renamed to "lh44 fanclub gathering #473" or something along those lines.
Simple

komninosm

2 penalty points for no apparent danger. Could not inform team of infraction and gave 2 penalties.
Waited a long time and gave penalty inside race for offense BEFORE race. Should have been a grid penalty or something.
Previous time this offense happened, Leclerc just got a reprimand, no penalty points nor time penalty.
Meanwhile, both Leclerc and Vettel HIT other cars and caused them to crash (one completely out of the race) and NO INVESTIGATION even! They freaking investigated Grosjean for hitting the boards after Vettel hit his tire and forced him out! But not Vettel!
Verstappen passes car in pit lane driving over mechanics spot, in red flag! No INVESTIGATION even!
FIA is a yoke /Alonso

siskue2005

Unf wrote: ↑
27 Sep 2020, 15:46
British (of course...) journalist asked Lewis if he feels that FIA is trying to stop him. He agreed and said this is not first time when FIA trying to give his life harder. :D:D
We are so close to "they punish me cause I'm black" again!
Yeah, the FIA has never been a fair entity, it has always been there to cater to one side's needs
So I m not surprised Lewis feels that way