[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
selvam_e2002

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

is Saniz blind? over looked caused the damage. Still need to mature as F1 driver.

Darth-Piekus

Let's give it our all in Nurburgring and Portugal.

PhillipM

These crashes couldn't have been at a worse time tbfh, the last one delayed parts to match those nose in favour of replacement parts, fridays delayed testing so they had to run the nose on Norris just to get more data and now the factory has to churn out more replacement parts right when they're critical to get the matching parts out for the nose.
I think it's gonna be a case of run the nose as it is and accept the performance deficit for the next few races.

diffuser

selvam_e2002 wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 18:23
is Saniz blind? over looked caused the damage. Still need to mature as F1 driver.
Really you think that's what that is ? He obviously made a BIG mistake,,, not sure howthat equates to maturity...

diffuser

PhillipM wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 18:50
These crashes couldn't have been at a worse time tbfh, the last one delayed parts to match those nose in favour of replacement parts, fridays delayed testing so they had to run the nose on Norris just to get more data and now the factory has to churn out more replacement parts right when they're critical to get the matching parts out for the nose.
I think it's gonna be a case of run the nose as it is and accept the performance deficit for the next few races.
On the possitive side, they got data from Norris.

M840TR

PhillipM wrote:
Does that mean the entire upgrade won’t be ready for Germany?
Or maybe just for one car.

selvam_e2002

diffuser wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 19:47
selvam_e2002 wrote:
Really you think that's what that is ? He obviously made a BIG mistake,,, not sure howthat equates to maturity...
Yes. I saw that way because, it seems he try to over smart him self and in turns shows lack of maturity....

Even Grojan did not hit the wall :D

Emag

PhillipM wrote:
Do you have any "shareable" information regarding the parts that complement the new nose (without putting you in an awkward situation of course)? If I were to guess, I would say bargeboards and maybe floor + diffuser. But I doubt they can have all of these ready so soon since the parts I mentioned pretty much cover the whole aerodynamic side of the car. Probably bargeboards might come first since they seem the easiest to produce.

But if the other parts are not aero related, then the next best guess I have is front suspension. Now that doesn't seem like much of a challenge in terms of production (at least to an outsider like me), but if it is indeed a front suspension, I am guessing they are not yet sure about what the impact will be on the car mechanically, so they can't bring it forward yet?

These are all just guesses though. Would be nice to know what they have planned.

Darth-Piekus

Can the upgrades make a difference once combined with the new nose?

mwillems

selvam_e2002 wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 21:00
diffuser wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 19:47
selvam_e2002 wrote:
Yes. I saw that way because, it seems he try to over smart him self and in turns shows lack of maturity....

Even Grojan did not hit the wall :D
To be fair, it did feel to me like he had a rush of blood to the head relating to his desire not to lose positions!

But it happens to the best of them, even Hamilton has got a few penalties this year for events he could have avoided.

I'd be more concerned if he didn't have that desire than if he crashed because of it, but he held his hands up and accepted responsibility and he is generally a very smart racer.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Chicane

Mercedes are where they are because they question themselves and push themselves even when they are winning everything. They are so self critical and willing to improve in every single area. They do not normalize anything saying "oh these things happen" .

I am a huge fan of this team for 25 years now and it pains me to see the kind of unforced erors that have happened in the last couple of races. When the midfield is like minefield and the team is pushing like crazy to bring upgrades alongside developing next year's challenger, you do not bin the car three times in 2 race wewkends like Sainz did. In Mugello he got overzealous with Stroll and put his nose where it didn't belong and got spun around. Then he stuffed the car in FP1 which required replacement of complete rear end. In the race he had a brain fade and went straight in to the wall.

As Philipm mentioned above the team is burning the midnight oil to produce parts and these crashes have proved to be very costly. Mclaren are not at Mercedes, Ferrari and Redbull levels when it comes to production capacity and infrastructure, at least not yet. Drivers cannot be binning it especially in the manner in which Sainz did. He is a very good driver and he owned up but he cost the team a big chunk of points and a massive parts bill.
Quickshifter

kfrantzios

Darth-Piekus wrote:
27 Sep 2020, 23:37
Can the upgrades make a difference once combined with the new nose?
Just ask yourself. If the upgrades CAN'T make a difference why spend so many man-hours to design them, produce them and race them?

ezzeddein

i think we miss Pat Fry
this season car development is slowly

mclaren111

Chicane wrote:
28 Sep 2020, 07:39
Mercedes are where they are because they question themselves and push themselves even when they are winning everything. They are so self critical and willing to improve in every single area. They do not normalize anything saying "oh these things happen" .

I am a huge fan of this team for 25 years now and it pains me to see the kind of unforced erors that have happened in the last couple of races. When the midfield is like minefield and the team is pushing like crazy to bring upgrades alongside developing next year's challenger, you do not bin the car three times in 2 race wewkends like Sainz did. In Mugello he got overzealous with Stroll and put his nose where it didn't belong and got spun around. Then he stuffed the car in FP1 which required replacement of complete rear end. In the race he had a brain fade and went straight in to the wall.

As Philipm mentioned above the team is burning the midnight oil to produce parts and these crashes have proved to be very costly. Mclaren are not at Mercedes, Ferrari and Redbull levels when it comes to production capacity and infrastructure, at least not yet. Drivers cannot be binning it especially in the manner in which Sainz did. He is a very good driver and he owned up but he cost the team a big chunk of points and a massive parts bill.

Maybe he is working for Ferrari Already.... :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

adrianjordan

mclaren111 wrote:
28 Sep 2020, 10:28
Chicane wrote:
28 Sep 2020, 07:39

Maybe he is working for Ferrari Already.... :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
Maybe WE need to have a chat with Ricciardo 🤔😂
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️