Honda leaving F1.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Jaisonas

Re: Honda leaving F1.

I've speed read this thread but god damn, the absolute hate and seething of the renault fanboys... Talks about karma and revenge. Looks like you still havent come to accept that renault just like honda, build some bad engines in the past.
Besides the bad engine regulations, your shitty obsessions and fanaticism is also killing the sport. Football tier debates have no place in formula 1, especially in the dying state it currently is.
Last edited by Jaisonas on 09 Oct 2020, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.

Just_a_fan

wunderkind wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 09:46

It's best for the FIA to buy the Honda power unit IP and subcontract the manufacturing to 3rd party outfits, me thinks.
The FIA doesn't have that kind of money. Even Williams is worth more than the FIA.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

wunderkind

Just_a_fan wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 13:43
wunderkind wrote:
08 Oct 2020, 09:46

It's best for the FIA to buy the Honda power unit IP and subcontract the manufacturing to 3rd party outfits, me thinks.
The FIA doesn't have that kind of money. Even Williams is worth more than the FIA.
Yes, you’re right. I should have said Formula One Management (FOM).

JordanMugen

According to Sky Sports, the Mugen rumours are increasing and Tsunoda will be promoted to AlphaTauri for 2021 anyway (refer to Mugen plans)...

Thoughts? :)

PlatinumZealot

He better not blow it. Some drivers don't translate well to F1 so I want to see how ho does at the young driver test at least.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

JordanMugen wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 11:31
According to Sky Sports, the Mugen rumours are increasing and Tsunoda will be promoted to AlphaTauri for 2021 anyway (refer to Mugen plans)...

Is it not a little strange that this PU/Mugen business wasn’t decided earlier? Maybe even done in a way that both announcements (Honda & RB) come at the same time?

Horner confirmed that they’ve known about Honda’s plans for some time now so I don’t understand why this seems like a bit of a scramble and last minute.
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

Zynerji

214270 wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 21:04
JordanMugen wrote:

Is it not a little strange that this PU/Mugen business wasn’t decided earlier? Maybe even done in a way that both announcements (Honda & RB) come at the same time?

Horner confirmed that they’ve known about Honda’s plans for some time now so I don’t understand why this seems like a bit of a scramble and last minute.
Maybe the Honda board needed to see the fan sentiment and blowback to change thier mind, and find a half-way measure?

Marti_EF3

I think the Mugen plan was accorded by both Honda and RB to save costs for Honda, and keep spending to improve the car by RB being able to invest on the PU with the cost cap. Both win, because now RB will be much more involved with the PU developement.

nzjrs

Marti_EF3 wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 21:19
I think the Mugen plan was accorded by both Honda and RB to save costs for Honda, and keep spending to improve the car by RB being able to invest on the PU with the cost cap. Both win, because now RB will be much more involved with the PU developement.
I would love for this to be true. It's and interesting idea for sure. Lets see if it happens!

Marti_EF3 wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 21:19
Interesting. It seems quite shortsighted though, what happens when new PU rules are brought in? I don’t get the impression there’s an appetite from Honda or RB for a brand new project. I guess they cross that hurdle when they get to it, meanwhile they soldier-on with the current Honda package.

It just seems there’s little chance of usurping Merc, so why commit to extra spend?
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

saviour stivala

‘’We will help in any way we can’’ Yes. Except of course in the ways you can’t.

Marti_EF3

There is enough time for the new engine regulations to be prepared if they want to be in again. It will depend where that regs go. And I'm not that sure if they bring the 2022 PU to next year, if Merc will be that much ahead... We will see...

bigblue

Marti_EF3 wrote:
09 Oct 2020, 22:00
And I'm not that sure if they bring the 2022 PU to next year, if Merc will be that much ahead... We will see...
Never understood this odd comment by Horner. If you can magically bring the 2022 PU to 2021, then it is really a 2021 PU. You wouldn't prepare something better than your initially proposed 2021 PU to the extent it could be used, and leave it on the shelf for a year.

NL_Fer

214270 wrote:
JordanMugen wrote:

I think Redbull wants to pull some rule changes at the fia, to make development a little cheaper and be more competitive, before deciding to take over the engine project.

At the moment FIA is shock and afraid Merc and Renault will retire also. Redbull just tries to take an advantage here.

rogazilla

214270 wrote:
JordanMugen wrote:

They got a year to figure it out or at least the time until Red Bull starts to build their 2022 car. Media makes it more dramatic than it seems. they got time.