[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Darth-Piekus

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

proteus wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 16:13
diffuser wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 16:04
proteus wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 16:02

The biggest issue is Renault. Reliability is simply not there when needed. The biggest irony is that engine manages to fail when they fight at the sharp end. Simply bad luck.
They probably have the best PU Reliability this year.
But the timing of failures is ironic.
Do you smell something fishy?

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Darth-Piekus wrote:Now out of curiosity. Let's say next year we are gonna bring a full aerodynamic package will that count as tokens?

Cant wait to get rid of the Renault Engine and go to where we should have been all this time Mclaren Mercedes.
Aerodynamic parts aren’t token related... They can work on aero during the winter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darth-Piekus

So whatever it is done engine wise in the winter depends on the Mercedes?

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

SAI saying on further questions from Rosberg: increased front graining and lack of balance, compared to the old package. Lots of homework to do. Fingers crossed they find a cure setup wise with the simulator and the data collected.

NOR was definitely very good on the soft today (old package).

Analysis time

Darth-Piekus

James Key has some work to do on his new package.

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

Bad luck in the last few races, hopefully we get a good result in some of the next races and reclaim that desired 3rd spot. Renault and RP were quicker though, in the end Sainz couldn't get closer to them, he was falling back. Grats to Ricciardo and Renault for their podium tho =D> .

CjC
CjC

proteus wrote:
diffuser wrote:
proteus wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 16:02

The biggest issue is Renault. Reliability is simply not there when needed. The biggest irony is that engine manages to fail when they fight at the sharp end. Simply bad luck.
Careful. I joked about this after Spa and got a downgrade for being ‘un- necessarily contempt’. :roll: :roll:

Nonetheless the thought crossed my mind again today that the mysterious end of contract failures have crept in just as the fight for 3rd has intensified
Just a fan's point of view

diffuser

Darth-Piekus wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 16:24
James Key has some work to do on his new package.
That wouldn't fall under Key ..it would fall under Stella. He's responsible for making he new parts work and sending feedback to Design. Key is working on stuff way in the future.

Szabi1112
Szabi1112

ALO_Power wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 16:28
Bad luck in the last few races, hopefully we get a good result in some of the next races and reclaim that desired 3rd spot. Renault and RP were quicker though, in the end Sainz couldn't get closer to them, he was falling back. Grats to Ricciardo and Renault for their podium tho =D> .
I dont think so. In my opinion team may limit the engine to avoid further damaging.

Big Tea

SmallSoldier wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 14:51
Big Tea wrote:
Emag wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 12:48
Lightning strikes both Renaults at the start of the race.
Right, got one for you, now what can i.......
Wrong car though... You were supposed to take RIC not Albon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I told him not to get too close as I am new at this :twisted:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

diffuser

CjC wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 16:33
proteus wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Careful. I joked about this after Spa and got a downgrade for being ‘un- necessarily contempt’. :roll: :roll:

Nonetheless the thought crossed my mind again today that the mysterious end of contract failures have crept in just as the fight for 3rd has intensified

I can see why you got down voted. The whole idea is idiotic. Why don't you just say Sainz & Renault are scheming to have Ferrari pass McLaren? That is why Sainz is purposely crashing his car in the last 2 races and now this race since he didn't have a collision, Renault retired Norris. It's absolutely moronic.

Why not just added Norris to and say well Ferrari have paid Norris off. He didn't really have a PU failure, he just made it up?

BTW in the english language failures is plural, meaning more than 1. when was the last PU failure?

Darth-Piekus

diffuser wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 16:48
CjC wrote:
proteus wrote:

I can see why you got down voted. The whole idea is idiotic. Why don't you just say Sainz & Renault are scheming to have Ferrari pass McLaren? That is why Sainz is purposely crashing his car in the last 2 races and now this race since he didn't have a collision, Renault retired Norris. It's absolutely moronic.

Why not just added Norris to and say well Ferrari have paid Norris off. He didn't really have a PU failure, he just made it up?

BTW in the english language failures is plural, meaning more than 1. when was the last PU failure?
I would say don't rush off to dismiss that idea. Sabotague has happened many times in the past between teams.

CjC
CjC

diffuser wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 16:48
CjC wrote:
proteus wrote:

So to have a joke in the light of despair is against the rules?

My reference to the failures was for today and Spa.
And also the failures Torro Rosso has to endure towards the end of the ‘17 season which left Franz Tost a tad bit frustrated.

I don’t believe it’s the case mind you, you can’t just switch off a car mid race but the controversy the topic causes is quite fun
Just a fan's point of view

bauc

We are loosing the battle for 3rd, we were so close to podium today with NOR and yet so far after his problems and eventual retirement. We need to keep improving the car and we must have both cars to finish if we want to stand a change to be 3rd at the end. Renault form in the past few races is superb.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

mwillems

Darth-Piekus wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 16:06
diffuser wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 16:03
Darth-Piekus wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 15:59
It is what it is but that doesn't mean it's right. Still a light penalty. That is my honest opinion. Well on to the next race.
They'd argue that it was a pretty strong penalty for something they did that there WAS no rule against.
Perhaps they would but they are now stained in the eyes of the fans and the spirit of competition.
I'm not sure you are the arbiter of what the fans think and feel. Actually I think you take your opinion and blow it up as if it is the world you represent, and not just someone repeating himself incessantly after each and every race.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.