[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2020 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Ft5fTL

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2020 (Grand Prix Cars)

Congrats to GCBB for the win. My car performed better than my simulations (minus cooling) so i'm kinda happy but the penalty wasnt expected. That was a foolish oversight of me.
Last edited by Ft5fTL on 30 Oct 2020, 04:18, edited 1 time in total.
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

BBackhuijs

Congratulations to all podium finishers.
We are quite happy with the results, especially since there was no time to run any simulation for this race. But looking at the goals set by Variante we also should push some last minute updates to fight for the last race win and keep in front.
Also very cool to see all developments and the top of the field becoming more close to each other.
MVRC - GCBBcorse

Team_Bart

LVDH wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 11:45
Team_Bart wrote:
23 Oct 2020, 10:46
Hi guys, thanks for the answers! As understand it is very likely there are new rules for next season. Therefore I think it doesn't really make sence to develop a whole new car within three weeks that can only be used in one race (except from the fun part ofcourse). So, if everything goes well, I'll rejoin the competition next season! Good luck for the last race, I"ll be there with my photocamera to get some inspiration for next season :)
If you do this exercise, it will be of great value for next season, trust me.
Okay, lets see then how far I can get!

LVDH

Ft5fTL wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 17:13
Congrats to GCBB for the win. My car performed better than my simulations (minus cooling) so i'm kinda happy but the penalty wasnt expected. That was a foolish oversight of me but the fact that others did get a warning on their first breach while i got a penalty is also questionable.
Well, maybe you did the same thing in the first race?

Anyway, I have updated the homepage including the championship points. Looks like even with the two GCBB corse victories, Variante has a comfortable lead. GCBB might be able to score the Rookie of the Year award this year.

Ft5fTL

LVDH wrote:
29 Oct 2020, 18:14
Ft5fTL wrote:
25 Oct 2020, 17:13
Congrats to GCBB for the win. My car performed better than my simulations (minus cooling) so i'm kinda happy but the penalty wasnt expected. That was a foolish oversight of me but the fact that others did get a warning on their first breach while i got a penalty is also questionable.
Well, maybe you did the same thing in the first race?
Is it the one with the mirror connection? I don't know if that belongs to me or anyone else since that picture only shows the mirror area and there isn't anything that imply what team is it. If that's the case then i owe you guys a penalty for race 2.

edit: ah i didn't check the scrutineering posts on the official website, my bad sorry.
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

MaccaRacing

A question for CAEdevice... Since I will never win the championship this year, how much does it cost to 3d print my model? and at which scale? 😂

CAEdevice

Hi MaccaRacing, it depends very much on the scale you decide. Other things that can affect the cost is the material, the layer resolution and the preparation (you can create internal volumes with no material). My plan for the 2019 (and 2020) MVRC prize is to stay around 100€ (by the way: I am working on Koldskaal model 2019 in this period).

MaccaRacing

For example, what is the scale of the MVRC price?

CAEdevice

My target is 1/18, but I need to start form a full scale model with a minimum thickness of 20mm, so I need to simply some details.

LVDH

CAEdevice wrote:
29 Oct 2020, 23:41
My target is 1/18, but I need to start form a full scale model with a minimum thickness of 20mm, so I need to simply some details.
I am working on a 3D printed RC car. Maybe it would be cool at have such a car with the victorious MVRC design, as a prize next year. It would be a bit easier with the older Le Mans type cars, though.

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:
04 Nov 2020, 10:46
CAEdevice wrote:
29 Oct 2020, 23:41
I am working on a 3D printed RC car. Maybe it would be cool at have such a car with the victorious MVRC design, as a prize next year. It would be a bit easier with the older Le Mans type cars, though.
Yes, it depends very much on the scale (with 1:18 is very difficult to remodel everything is under 20mm) and on the quality of the CAD models (usually not very good, with some excpetions).

etsmc

Must remember to submit car for this race!!!

LVDH

etsmc wrote:
09 Nov 2020, 03:59
Must remember to submit car for this race!!!
Pretty good idea.
I sent out an email this weekend, I hope everyone interested in taking part in the final race, have received it.

spacehead3

I'm a kinda disappointed that it's the final race, I'm finally starting to figure this car out just a little bit (still nowhere near the top guys though). Looking forward to having a clean slate for next season.
Max Taylor

etsmc

well, the car has been submitted and I think I will either be receiving a penalty or have found a bit of a grey area, either way, it could probably be exploited more but I guess it will get closed up in the next season.