[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Zynerji

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

MachineCo. wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 01:58
Zynerji wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 00:50
ryaan2904 wrote:
17 Nov 2020, 07:15

First of all, Vettel had a good race in Imola as well, when Binotto was present. And before you mention the botched pitstop, do know that botching a pitstop in action is just impossible. You cant 'orchestrate' a bad pitstop. Is it that hard to just accept the fact that the upgrades brought on the car have been helping Seb as well?
Ferrari, even moreso, Binotto doesn't have time for that kind of drama. Would you say the same for all the mistakes and missed opportunities by Seb in 2018 as well as 2019?! When he arguably had the best car and all the support he could ask for.
Charles has proved why he's the better driver enough times, independent to Seb's performances, for Ferrari to hold Seb back. Get over it.
When Charles has a few WDC trophies, then we can talk about whos the better driver...🙄

OK sure. Wonder what Ferrari ever saw in this guy to sign him for the next 5 years? Bet you said the same about Ricciardo?
Well, Ferrari's signings of the last 10 years haven't provided any championships, so I guess there's that.

Charles is a future great. Vettel is a current one. Lewis is the GOAT.

Zynerji

ryaan2904 wrote:
18 Nov 2020, 09:48
@Zynerji yes you are correct, he still has to really win anything yet but it doesnt change the fact that Currently he's performing better.
Lots of reasons, I'm sure.

Only time will tell if LeClerc is a multi-WDC or just an "Also Ran". He can still turn out to be another Hulk/Perez/Grosjean/Bottas.

e30ernest

I have high hopes for Leclerc. Even at F2, the few races I got to watch had me impressed with Leclerc. Since then, I always saw him as someone at the level of Max or Lewis when they came into F1. He has the raw talent/speed. He just has to add experience and convert that into wins/championships.

I distinctly remember last year that people were criticizing Ferrari for letting go of Kimi in favor of Charles. People were saying he was too green and that Vettel will wipe the floor with him. Didn't turn out that way now. :D

Lucky

Gothrek

e30ernest wrote:
19 Nov 2020, 14:08
I have high hopes for Leclerc. Even at F2, the few races I got to watch had me impressed with Leclerc. Since then, I always saw him as someone at the level of Max or Lewis when they came into F1. He has the raw talent/speed. He just has to add experience and convert that into wins/championships.

I distinctly remember last year that people were criticizing Ferrari for letting go of Kimi in favor of Charles. People were saying he was too green and that Vettel will wipe the floor with him. Didn't turn out that way now. :D
I don’t think Leclerc will ever win a WDC with Ferrari, in a few years he too will be frustrated with the Ferrari politics and suffer the same fate as those before him.

e30ernest

Gothrek wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 01:35
e30ernest wrote:

I don’t think Leclerc will ever win a WDC with Ferrari, in a few years he too will be frustrated with the Ferrari politics and suffer the same fate as those before him.
That is probably true. I think the Schumacher era was very special because the combination of Schumacher, Todt and Brawn overcame the internal politics at Ferrari during their early years together while instilling their own culture and values. When that group disbanded the old ways slowly crept back into Ferrari. There has been nothing but a talent drain in that team (their best engineers and designers are now in other teams).

Ferrari likely needs to make changes from the top down. Not necessarily personnel changes, but management procedures, policies and way of thinking.

Big Tea

Gothrek wrote:
e30ernest wrote:

The disturbing thought there is the 'life after Ferrari' spectre. I know recently Kimi and Seb have stayed in F1 but over all it is not a good position for LeClerc to be an EX Ferrari driver.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

LM10

e30ernest wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 02:32
Gothrek wrote:
e30ernest wrote:

That is probably true. I think the Schumacher era was very special because the combination of Schumacher, Todt and Brawn overcame the internal politics at Ferrari during their early years together while instilling their own culture and values. When that group disbanded the old ways slowly crept back into Ferrari. There has been nothing but a talent drain in that team (their best engineers and designers are now in other teams).

Ferrari likely needs to make changes from the top down. Not necessarily personnel changes, but management procedures, policies and way of thinking.
Way of thinking has changed with Mattia Binotto as TP. And management has also been restructured recently.

Gothrek

LM10 wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 12:59
e30ernest wrote:
Gothrek wrote:

Way of thinking has changed with Mattia Binotto as TP. And management has also been restructured recently.
Besides in paper, how?

raymondu999

It’s not easy to change ways of thinking. Responses to events, responses to criticism, responses to failure may change. But mindset is a lot harder to change than just changing those policies
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

LM10

Gothrek wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 16:17
LM10 wrote:
e30ernest wrote:

Besides in paper, how?
Mattia has told numerous time that their intentions are not to let heads roll because things don't work as they should at the moment. He believes in the, in his words, young team and he believes in consistency.
In the past you could be sure of Ferrari firing employees after a bad season and who could work properly in an atmosphere constantly fearing to lose the job?
Look what James Allison brought to Mercedes to name an example. He would have not been fired now.

I don't know what you mean with "besides on paper". The management has been restructured in the summer in order to put people in positions they can perform best and to further stabilize the team.
Positive results should be a good sign of the changes being effective and we actually have seen upgrades on the car which clearly worked in the last couple of months. I don't know how informed you are, but I can tell you that in the last years seeing upgrades work on the Ferrari has been a great rarity.

Moore77

Gothrek wrote:
20 Nov 2020, 16:17
LM10 wrote:
e30ernest wrote:

Besides in paper, how?
To start with, neither Camilleri, nor Elkann comes in fiddling with Scuderia operations like their predecessors used to do. Neither are they trigger happy to simply fire people. Camilleri has already made a statement that, there have been too many firings and they need stability now.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/camil ... a/4868290/

Most importantly, they are competing against history's best F1 team and that means, they have to patiently build depth in the ranks and instill confidence, which takes time. Good news is, there is a sense of autonomy now for Binotto without too much of pressure from his bosses. It's about time and we should see good times.
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

raymondu999

I think if they follow theough, Elkann/Camilleri’s stance is the correct one. But with the pressure of the nation on them, you have to check back after some time. It’s not easy to stick to your line if people are demanding heads roll
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Moore77

raymondu999 wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 14:02
I think if they follow theough, Elkann/Camilleri’s stance is the correct one. But with the pressure of the nation on them, you have to check back after some time. It’s not easy to stick to your line if people are demanding heads roll
Question is, are those people paying?
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Scorpaguy

raymondu999 wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 14:02
Stability is one of the factors that can lead to systematic improvement. It is a shame they could not have adopted this mindset when they had a proven fighter/winner at the wheel (Arri). IMHO, Bino has given zero reasons that he is the correct person for the job or even a person worthy of trust. His resume to date is that of having the rep as an engine guy that has overseen one illegal engine and one anemic engine.