2020 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, Nov 27 - 29

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
i70q7m7ghw

Re: 2020 Bahrain Grand Prix - Sakhir, Nov 27 - 29

Jeez, after rewatching Kyvatt's onboard a few times he very nearly followed Grosjean in, what a terrifying thought.
Last edited by i70q7m7ghw on 03 Dec 2020, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.

Sieper

Manoah2u wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 20:16
PlatinumZealot wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 19:42
Grosjean is a danger to himself and others. He just doesn't have any proximal awareness. Glad he survived. I like his speed and as a character, but his retirement from F1 is for the best.
ah come on and stop jumping in on the 'bash grosjean' bandwagon.
he's not the first, not the last, and guys like Magnussen have done stupid things too,
and so definately has Verstappen.

If Kvyat was only a noselength further behind - which probably Grosjean thought - nothing would have happened and Grosjean would have been applauded for swiftly moving aside and certainly taking over that bunch of cars into the next corner.

Kvyat's collision with Stroll was by itself far more dangerous especially the move itself concidering how stupid he was not leaving Stroll, clearly, widely ahead, any space, and diving into a point in the corner where there was no room to even go into, there was a pillar for crying out loud and he simply pointed his car there without braking enough.
Quite frankly, Kvyat's had much more brainfart moves than Grosjean.
And even more so Russell not long ago and Hamilton longer ago. Ricciardo backing into Hulkenberg or something was also quite ridiculous. Kimi is also still very willing to take risks. All this name calling has little benefit. Bash the ones you don’t like, keep your favorite out et voila.

Wouter

Manoah2u wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 20:16
Kvyat's collision with Stroll was by itself far more dangerous especially the move itself concidering how stupid he was not leaving Stroll, clearly, widely ahead, any space, and diving into a point in the corner where there was no room to even go into, there was a pillar for crying out loud and he simply pointed his car there without braking enough.
Quite frankly,
Kvyat's had much more brainfart moves than Grosjean.
Are you talking about Stroll, who time and time again doesn't look in his mirrors, and just suddenly moves aside and bothering another ?! Do you have any idea how many times he has done that, even in training ?!

Do you have any idea how many times Grosjean has done stupid and dangerous things ?!
Kvyat has often been unlucky by being in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Grosjean and Stroll usually cause it themselves by doing thoughtless things.

https://www.statsf1.com/en/romain-grosjean/abandon.aspx

https://www.statsf1.com/en/daniil-kvyat/abandon.aspx

https://www.statsf1.com/en/lance-stroll/abandon.aspx
The Power of Dreams!

zibby43

Norris thinks that this will be one of Merc’s tougher weekends.

“If there’s any weekend maybe Mercedes have a smaller advantage than any other weekend its probably here. So [Russell’s] taken a step up into the team at probably one of the toughest weekends of the year in terms of their advantage that they probably have over the the rest of the field so it’s not going to be easy for him.“

That said . . .

“I think he can achieve a pole. I think he can achieve a win.”

Shrieker

https://www.racefans.net/2020/12/04/i-p ... n-inferno/

Grosjean says he was trapped in the car because his left foot was stuck.

Anyone know why, or how ? Was there damage to the monocoque and/or to the pedals that caused his foot to get tangled ?
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Just_a_fan

Shrieker wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 14:32
https://www.racefans.net/2020/12/04/i-p ... n-inferno/

Grosjean says he was trapped in the car because his left foot was stuck.

Anyone know why, or how ? Was there damage to the monocoque and/or to the pedals that caused his foot to get tangled ?
The tub was definitely cracked across the top in front of the halo front mounting point. Didn't appear to be out of line. Maybe the steering column moved. More likely his feet got thrown around the pedals and something got caught that way. There isn't much space in the pedal area.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

cooken

Incredible, it feels so very fortunate that he's around to describe all this. Hopefully he suffers no lasting mental trauma.

dans79

cooken wrote:
04 Dec 2020, 16:17

Incredible, it feels so very fortunate that he's around to describe all this. Hopefully he suffers no lasting mental trauma.
Damn!
197 104 103 7

LM10

Manoah2u wrote:
03 Dec 2020, 01:54
LM10 wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 15:55
Shrieker wrote:
01 Dec 2020, 15:42
Anyone wanna take an educated guess at in what speed the car went into the barriers ?
221 km/h
The Times UK claims Grosjean hit the barriers with 137 MPH, so that'd be 220 kph, so that's either a pretty eagle scharp guess or not a guess at all :P
It was not a guess, but I let it look like it was one. :lol:
I heard and read that number several times before already. Don't know why some articles had it way before than others.

NathanOlder

Wow he was also very lucky here, The Halo almost trapping him in the car! If he was stuck inside that would have been horrific!

GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Big Tea

NathanOlder wrote:
05 Dec 2020, 18:35
Wow he was also very lucky here, The Halo almost trapping him in the car! If he was stuck inside that would have been horrific!

]
Is there not a rule that a straight line from the halo (and somewhere forward of it) must leave a straight line to the top of the rollover hoop?
If so, this gap is never going to be too small to get out of unless something is bent into it, which they have no control over.

Nothing is ever going to be 100% 'foolproof' but anything to get closer.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Sieper

Armco barriers need to go. If the car didn’t wedge into it it wouldn’t have broken in two.

Especially when they are so close to the track and not parallel with it.

mzso

Sieper wrote:
30 Nov 2020, 02:38
mzso wrote:
30 Nov 2020, 01:40
Sieper wrote:
30 Nov 2020, 00:48
If they have Wehrlein, why not him. Very good driver imho.
Based on what? The only thing I remember about him is that he missed his would be first race because of crashing at the race of champions.
Based on my remembering his actual efforts in F1.

Why always those stupid attitude messages. Not you alone but just as a way of communicating people use here. Have some decency and just reply with what you think. I have spoken my opinion on him, just give yours. Now I already know it of course but packed in a snide remark. Uncalled for and not liked one bit.
What's not clear about him not doing literally anything memorable to me?

Sieper

mzso wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 01:13
Sieper wrote:
30 Nov 2020, 02:38
mzso wrote:
30 Nov 2020, 01:40

Based on what? The only thing I remember about him is that he missed his would be first race because of crashing at the race of champions.
Based on my remembering his actual efforts in F1.

Why always those stupid attitude messages. Not you alone but just as a way of communicating people use here. Have some decency and just reply with what you think. I have spoken my opinion on him, just give yours. Now I already know it of course but packed in a snide remark. Uncalled for and not liked one bit.
What's not clear about him not doing literally anything memorable to me?
Come on man, I literally asked for a bit more consideration and you just double down. Probably not even intended or seen by you in that way, right? Wehrlein did just as much as Russell imho. The Manor certainly and the Sauber also were by far the worst cars on the grid. This Williams is not much off Haas or Alfa Romeo anymore, If at all.

mzso

Sieper wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 02:17
Come on man, I literally asked for a bit more consideration and you just double down. Probably not even intended or seen by you in that way, right? Wehrlein did just as much as Russell imho. The Manor certainly and the Sauber also were by far the worst cars on the grid. This Williams is not much off Haas or Alfa Romeo anymore, If at all.
What do you mean? I was only being honest. I remember no great drive (no great blunder in F1 either, so I guess that's a positive). I only remember him being around for a while. That ROC incident, and that Mercedes bought out Bottas from Williams instead of one of their own juniors like him or Ocon. (I doubt they gained anything with it.)