2020 Sakhir Grand Prix - Sakhir, Dec 04 - 06

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
zeph

Re: 2020 Sakhir Grand Prix - Sakhir, Dec 04 - 06

Schuttelberg wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:22
It's amazing how easy the world goes on Charles. If Lewis, Max and Seb had done what he did, the internet would have gone in a full blown meltdown.
Yeah, that was a hare-brained move. I felt the same way.

dtro

siskue2005 wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:26
dtro wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:25
El Scorchio wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:24
Sky dodging asking Stroll sr the hard question as well.
Pretty sure I saw Perez's agent or something poking Stroll Sr. in the chest probably saying something along the lines of when you have no wins next season with the hasbeen and your son think about who you let go.

At least I hope that's what he was saying.
Atleast Stoll jr is no slouch himself (cant tell the same about Albon!), after all he has 2 podiums, 1 pole and almost a win in Turkey!
I grant that I'd rate Albon below Stroll, for sure. Albon's days are numbered, I'll miss his rare round the outside overtakes, but not for long.

Schuttelberg

zibby43 wrote:
Bottas was outclassed by George today.

I've been a staunch Bottas supporter, but I'm a believer in accountability, and I've got to put my hand up and acknowledge what I saw today.

If I were Toto, I'd be finding out a way to buy out Bottas' 2021 contract.

It doesn't matter if George isn't on Hamilton's qualifying pace next year if he can race like he did today. Full stop.
No one will hire Bottas if Merc dump him. I have been saying this for four years. Seen F1 since 94' and I have not seen someone so bad drive a car so good. Even Rubens could get his elbows out when he was dialled in and he was magic in the wet.

Also, all this talk about Stroll, Lance has proven his worth. I don't think he's a patch on Checo but he deserves his place. Just because his dad owns a team, people troll him. My feeling is RedBull are going to hire him and Checo will surprise a lot of people because he's going to regularly annoy Max.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

JRindt

Schuttelberg wrote:
It's amazing how easy the world goes on Charles. If Lewis, Max and Seb had done what he did, the internet would have gone in a full blown meltdown.
Yeah. He should be penalised there. Especially considering he’s made a habit out of these lunges on the inside. This is the 3rd time this season OTOH

Schuttelberg

El Scorchio wrote:
zibby43 wrote:

I've been a staunch Bottas supporter, but I'm a believer in accountability, and I've got to put my hand up and acknowledge what I saw today.

It doesn't matter if George isn't on Hamilton's qualifying pace next year if he can race like he did today. Full stop.
Not a lot of point if Williams won’t release Russell. 2022 will be the time.

I don’t think they have need either. They’ll probably still do the double.
:lol: :lol:

You're funny! You think Williams have control over George? Listen to yourself mate.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Schuttelberg

JRindt wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:29
Schuttelberg wrote:
Yeah. He should be penalised there. Especially considering he’s made a habit out of these lunges on the inside. This is the 3rd time this season OTOH
I can see what he's trying to do. He's using these races and seasons where he's nothing to gain/lose and establish a ruthless image whereby his peers/rivals know he will be prepared to crash if they don't yield. It will work as long as he's Ferrari's wonder kid but it will go pear shaped if and when they find their new one.

TechAddict

Think F1 teams except RB are too soft on drivers. SF keept Kimi for fare too long, and now this with Bottas and Albon. I get that poor teams need pay drivers, but how MB can keep Bottas and RB Albon is beyond my understanding.

My opinion about Stroll has changed through this season. He is not bad enough to be thrown out.

siskue2005

Schuttelberg wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:34
JRindt wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:
I can see what he's trying to do. He's using these races and seasons where he's nothing to gain/lose and establish a ruthless image whereby his peers/rivals know he will be prepared to crash if they don't yield. It will work as long as he's Ferrari's wonder kid but it will go pear shaped if and when they find their new one.
WOW!, that is one of the stupidest things I have read in this forum! Thank you :? :lol:

matt_b

MtthsMlw wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:19
Russell DSQ? He had one of Bottas's tires. Is that an automatic disqualification?
Brundle said in the race they have 3 laps to rectify it to escape a penalty which they did.

astracrazy

Schuttelberg wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:30
El Scorchio wrote:
zibby43 wrote:

Not a lot of point if Williams won’t release Russell. 2022 will be the time.

I don’t think they have need either. They’ll probably still do the double.
:lol: :lol:

You're funny! You think Williams have control over George? Listen to yourself mate.
Exactly, else he wouldn't have been in the Merc this weekend. Merc would have called on their reserve driver like every other team normally has to.

TechAddict

Schuttelberg wrote:
JRindt wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:
It have worked for others!! But it think he should have a penalty today. Way way to optimistic.

But he will surely drive different the day he has a competitive car. He is smart and fast enough.

grubschumi13

Schuttelberg wrote:
True, Leclerc is making a habit of hit. Could have happened last week had it not been for Seb taking avoiding action and now this week, Perez did not take evasive action and now they crashed.

Shrieker

Restomaniac wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 20:52
Albon now surely HAS to be toast!
He is Thai, they'll keep him.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

zeph

TechAddict wrote:
06 Dec 2020, 21:36
I get that poor teams need pay drivers, but how MB can keep Bottas and RB Albon is beyond my understanding.
Bottas is a solid #2 and Hamilton likes him. Team harmony is important. RBR painted themselves into a corner last year with the mid-season switch.

lh13

Some Hamilton fans were hell bent on proving that Bottas is anything decent! I'm sure they're glad Russell did not win today. Bottas is there for a reason, to keep certain someone happy. It maybe a surprise for us, but Mercedes always knew how quick Russell was (is), yet he wasn't put in the car for next year. And people claim there is no #1/#2 in Mercedes.