[ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
e30ernest

Re: [ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

So all of those rumors that INEOS wanted a larger stake were true after all. :D

Moore77

Wouter wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 12:12
Will they rename the team to something like, Petronas Mercedes Ineos Wolff Racing?
Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.

Big Tea

Moore77 wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 12:48
Wouter wrote:
Will they rename the team to something like, Petronas Mercedes Ineos Wolff Racing?
W.I.M.P? nah
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

NathanOlder

So Toto signs for 3 years, would love to see Lewis do the same, so we get 2yrs of Lewis and George.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

jjn9128

e30ernest wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 12:40
Will they be moving 1/3 of the team to France
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Just_a_fan

jjn9128 wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 14:06
e30ernest wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 12:40
Will they be moving 1/3 of the team to France
=D>
I was going to post the same thing. :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

jjn9128

Just_a_fan wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 14:32
=D>
Are we great minds or fools?
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Just_a_fan

jjn9128 wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 14:42
Just_a_fan wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 14:32
=D>
Are we great minds or fools?
Both at times, I'm sure. :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

LM10

Big Tea wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 13:44
Moore77 wrote:
Wouter wrote:
W.I.M.P? nah
The Black Wolffs.

Sevach

Wolff got what he wanted, it probably didn't feel right to him that someone from corporate could come and step over him (no matter how little it actually happened) so noises he made of "moving on" paid off.
The car should feature more Ineos branding, half black half red maybe? That's how they run in cycling.

Espresso

NathanOlder wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 14:03
So Toto signs for 3 years, would love to see Lewis do the same, so we get 2yrs of Lewis and George.
Should be something like that. Driver contracts signed before 2022 are exempted from the budget limitation. Having a 1 year contract would hit MB directly in what they can spend on the team.
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

Manoah2u

Moore77 wrote:
Wouter wrote:
I'd expect to see the possibilit that Petronas might actually take a step back in their sponsoring,
with F1 aiming to step into 'fully synthetic' fuels. Perhaps i'm very wrong here, and it's an opportunity,
but i think Petronas and Mercedes have achieved quite a lot in the past years, and there might be a point where - and perhaps that point has already been reached - Petronas simply says 'yeah, we're not going to keep investing that much anymore' and henceworth INEOS has a stake to cover in the team.

After all, INEOS IS a chemical company, who 'specializes' in the oil industry, but in sustainability.
INEOS Europe has today received a gold sustainability score from EcoVadis, the world’s most trusted provider of business sustainability ratings. The overall rating puts INEOS into the top 4 percent of companies in the sector demonstrating an advanced management system for environmental issues, ethics, labour and human rights, and sustainable procurement.

Most of our employees have spent all their working lives in the chemical or oil industry. We continue unashamedly to extract best practices from this very impressive group of people in all spheres of activity. We believe INEOS is a refreshing place to work and we are prepared to embrace new approaches to business.
Efficient and effective biofuels to improve the sustainability of modern transport

Synthetic oils that help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from road transportation
I honestly think INEOS is going to 'take over' petronas part in the future, and as such,

AMG Petronas Mercedes F1 team will more likely simply become
"INEOS Mercedes AMG F1 Team"
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Big Tea

Manoah2u wrote:
19 Dec 2020, 02:15
Moore77 wrote:
Wouter wrote:
I'd expect to see the possibilit that Petronas might actually take a step back in their sponsoring,
with F1 aiming to step into 'fully synthetic' fuels. Perhaps i'm very wrong here, and it's an opportunity,
but i think Petronas and Mercedes have achieved quite a lot in the past years, and there might be a point where - and perhaps that point has already been reached - Petronas simply says 'yeah, we're not going to keep investing that much anymore' and henceworth INEOS has a stake to cover in the team.

After all, INEOS IS a chemical company, who 'specializes' in the oil industry, but in sustainability.
INEOS Europe has today received a gold sustainability score from EcoVadis, the world’s most trusted provider of business sustainability ratings. The overall rating puts INEOS into the top 4 percent of companies in the sector demonstrating an advanced management system for environmental issues, ethics, labour and human rights, and sustainable procurement.

Most of our employees have spent all their working lives in the chemical or oil industry. We continue unashamedly to extract best practices from this very impressive group of people in all spheres of activity. We believe INEOS is a refreshing place to work and we are prepared to embrace new approaches to business.
Efficient and effective biofuels to improve the sustainability of modern transport

Synthetic oils that help to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from road transportation
I honestly think INEOS is going to 'take over' petronas part in the future, and as such,

AMG Petronas Mercedes F1 team will more likely simply become
"INEOS Mercedes AMG F1 Team"
Surely if there is going to be some research into synthetics Petronas is going to want to be at the forefront of it?
Would the oil companies involved maybe request that fuel stock be supplied to them as petroleum is now and they carryout their own 'improvements' to learn about what can be done for their road relevant companies?

The articles say F1 has developed the fuel, if this is the case and the above is allowed, it would be another draw to bring petrochemical companies into F1, if it was developed by an external company, well, things will be different obviously
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

f1jcw

Isn’t INEOS environmentally suspect or is that someone else?