[ 2020 ] Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
adrianjordan

Re: [ 2020 ] Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

Jolle wrote:
23 Dec 2020, 01:39
Big Tea wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 23:51
Jolle wrote:
22 Dec 2020, 23:26

It looks like Grosjeans hands were burned on the outside, not the palms. I can imagine you most of all make fists when in a stressful situation. The outside could be protected more, as we see on motorcycle gloves (but then with isolation instead of pieces of carbon). Although my gloves are quite thick on the outside, I have no problem with all the switchgear, handles and stuff.

But, not to be very morbid, survival is the most important thing, the suit can always have more protection than small things like fingers. you don't need hands or fingers to survive...
I did not realise there was information on his burns, so that sort of messes up part of my theory about holding hot items. However, using your comparison of motorcycle glove, the other part could hold. Wet hands come from the gap between the jacket and glove, and the glove is easy to displace.

As I said above I am still mighty impressed with just how good the protection was.
His burns were quite visible on the pics he shared, mostly his knuckles (where the fabric tightens against your skin if you make a fist).

Having a bespoke suit, and not a mix and match like motorcycle all weather gear (and don’t have to pay at every pitstop), it would be quite easy to have a better connection between glove and suit. A simple zipper with a flap would do.
Assuming the suits are absolutely made to measure, and why wouldn't they be at this level, you could have the gloves integrated. Boots too for that matter.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

ScottR267

We all know of the financial struggles or Haas for which the team have admitted themselves. Looks like they have lost Peak as a sponsor for the team meaning even more money out the door giving them another reason to retain Mazepin.

Wouter

ScottR267 wrote:
28 Dec 2020, 13:55
We all know of the financial struggles or Haas for which the team have admitted themselves. Looks like they have lost Peak as a sponsor for the team meaning even more money out the door giving them another reason to retain Mazepin.

Grosjean had Richard Mille, Christian Roth, Bell and Seier Capital as sponsor and
Kevin had Jack en Jones as a big sponsor. Seems to me a lot of money lost for the team.
The Power of Dreams!

ScottR267

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Thunder

Please proceed the discussion in the 2021 Thread: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=29595
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum