2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Tea

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

fritticaldi wrote:
24 Jan 2021, 17:44
This is further proof how ignorant the F1 rules are . Sainz must drive a three year old car on his debut. Could you imagine Niki Lauda arriving in Ferrari in 1974 and told to drive the 1971 Ferrari? Formula One is a Farce.
It is not his debut, that comes on his first race for Ferrari. No one has anything he does not its the same for all.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

fritticaldi

the EDGE wrote:
24 Jan 2021, 17:51
fritticaldi wrote:
This is further proof how ignorant the F1 rules are . Sainz must drive a three year old car on his debut. Could you imagine Niki Lauda arriving in Ferrari in 1974 and told to drive the 1971 Ferrari? Formula One is a Farce.
Why is preventing teams from running recent/current cars to stop them gaining unfair advantage a farce?
He has nothing to gain from driving a three year old car. He wont learn anything. A waste of time. F1 is the only sport in the world where they dont practice. They use similators instead. Wonder why Mercedes is never challenged? Answer : The other teams cant practice or test. Never any improvements.

Manoah2u

Big Tea wrote:
24 Jan 2021, 17:55
fritticaldi wrote:
It is not his debut, that comes on his first race for Ferrari. No one has anything he does not its the same for all.
Doesn't take away the point he's making though.

His 'debut' in a Ferrari F1 indeed is in a three year old car.
It really makes no sense. They need to stop this nonsense.

It's like small local football/soccer clubs complain to the FIFA that they can't compete with the big boys,
so the FIFA suddenly decides that to make things cheaper (after all, look at what transfers in soccer do),
by demanding that soccer training or world cup practices (sorry im really not at home with football) athletes,
from now on, only can train on shoes that are 3 years old, and wear outfits that are 3 years old untill the official world cup sets off.

then, the FIFA decides, that all 'training' matches are now cancelled and illegal, and they just get 1 training match the day before the actual worldcup battle.
also, no club or outfit may train on any terrain outside of the actual season, and if they do want to train, they must do it in three year old outfits on fields that are three years old and not maintained and aren't representative of the FIFA fields.

imagine that FIFA ushers in that rule, under the veil of 'saving costs and enviroment'. After all, you save washing and making new shirts, socks, boxers, and footwear, and you now save tons of money worldwide on football fields that don't cost energy (lights) and maintainance.

all under the idea that it gives small clubs a better, fairer chance. what you get is russian roulette.

that's what F1 is today. it's total bonkers. fritticaldi has a point. even if it's the same for everyone, it's still stupid.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Big Tea

Manoah2u wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 00:11
Big Tea wrote:
24 Jan 2021, 17:55
fritticaldi wrote:
Doesn't take away the point he's making though.

His 'debut' in a Ferrari F1 indeed is in a three year old car.
It really makes no sense. They need to stop this nonsense.

It's like small local football/soccer clubs complain to the FIFA that they can't compete with the big boys,
so the FIFA suddenly decides that to make things cheaper (after all, look at what transfers in soccer do),
by demanding that soccer training or world cup practices (sorry im really not at home with football) athletes,
from now on, only can train on shoes that are 3 years old, and wear outfits that are 3 years old untill the official world cup sets off.

then, the FIFA decides, that all 'training' matches are now cancelled and illegal, and they just get 1 training match the day before the actual worldcup battle.
also, no club or outfit may train on any terrain outside of the actual season, and if they do want to train, they must do it in three year old outfits on fields that are three years old and not maintained and aren't representative of the FIFA fields.

imagine that FIFA ushers in that rule, under the veil of 'saving costs and enviroment'. After all, you save washing and making new shirts, socks, boxers, and footwear, and you now save tons of money worldwide on football fields that don't cost energy (lights) and maintainance.

all under the idea that it gives small clubs a better, fairer chance. what you get is russian roulette.

that's what F1 is today. it's total bonkers. fritticaldi has a point. even if it's the same for everyone, it's still stupid.
But it is the same for everyone. Same for Ferrari and for Haas.
Look at the running Alonso had in an older car. If that was the car he was going to race, it would be a far different car when it came to first race qualifying than the one that will be used now. It is not just the driver who will get 'in tune' but the car as well. What is the point of clipping testing (which I am against) and running the car for another reason?

It is not disadvantaging one car or one driver, it is what it is for everyone
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

cooken

Surely there's something to gain from integrating with the team members, learning procedures and protocols, steering wheel config, etc.

If there was testing allowed, nothing would change. Teams with biggest budget would do more testing, costs would simply balloon with no real change in competitive landscape.

Manoah2u

Big Tea wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 00:26

Look at the running Alonso had in an older car. If that was the car he was going to race, it would be a far different car when it came to first race qualifying than the one that will be used now. It is not just the driver who will get 'in tune' but the car as well. What is the point of clipping testing (which I am against) and running the car for another reason?

nobody said it wasnt the same for everyone, i actually mentioned that.
STILL, that does not take away just how stupid it is.

especially concidering how testing originally was meant to lower costs and 'level' the playing field.
now we have the same costs put into computers and simulators. #-o

yes. it is the same for everyone.
but.still.it.is.stupid.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

MachineCo.

Better to set the spending cap and let teams spend their money how they wish. If Ferrari want to use their own track to test, they should be able to. Others can invest in new simulators. Let the teams decide.

Wouter

=D> =D> =D>

The Power of Dreams!

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

ryaan2904

Its as exciting seeing carlos in red as it is weird seeing Vettel off it...
CFD Eyes of Sauron

Macklaren

Big Tea wrote:
25 Jan 2021, 00:26

Also please do not bring up the FARCE that was the Alonso "young driver test" in the Renault. Proof that is it NOT the same for everyone...

Manoah2u

ryaan2904 wrote:
27 Jan 2021, 15:47
Gonna be a very curious 2021!

I'm actually -finally- moving to Spain this year, i was hoping last year but Covid threw things off balance.

I'm hoping i can attend both Zandvoort & Barcelona.

Max @ Zandvoort is going to be crazy.
Alonso back in F1 AND Sainz @ Ferrari is gonna be EXTRA LIT @ Barcelona.

Too bad it's not happening @ Valencia, that'll be just an hour drive, but i'll happily have a long weekend @ Barcelona and enjoy both F1 and the city.

I'm reserved however on the prospect of actually having a GP this season where spectators/visitors are going to be allowed.

Imagine a crazy 2021 season like 2020 turned out to be, where anybody can turn up anywhere somehow.

I'd relish to see a P1 battle between Alonso & Sainz.
It's unlikely, but then again, Gasly won a GP in 2020 with AT, and Stroll got SO CLOSE to winning in a RP.

it be bonkers awesome if:

Alonso or Sainz winning @ Barcelona.
Verstappen winning @ Zandvoort & Belgium
Russell winning @ Silverstone replacing a Corona stricken Hamilton,
Leclerc winning @ Monaco,
Perez winning @ Mexico
Stroll winning @ Canada
Vettel/Schumacher winning @ Austria
Ricciardo winning @ Australia
Tsunoda a podium @ Suzuka

Hamilton can win all other 11 gp's for what i'm concerned,
but that table above would be absolutely awesome. Unlikely, but still reachable.

It's going to be very interesting though to see how Sainz will fare next to LeClerc.

I believe and feel LeClerc has been recieving the 'preferred' treatment @ Ferrari the past season especially,
but since Ferrari IS reshaping things and it seems Binotto is having to tone down a bit here and there,
that 'support' could be less especially now that Vettel is gone,
and Sainz is going to get some attention to fit well into the team.

I feel atleast there will be a 'fairer' chance for 2021 in both having 'equal machinery'.

That said, i think Sainz-Leclerc is a fast combo, but similarly 'flammable' as Vettel-Leclerc or perhaps Ocon-Perez.

I am ALSO hugely looking forward to the potential of Verstappen @ RedBull vs Sainz @ Ferrari.

ryaan2904

Manoah2u wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 03:31
ryaan2904 wrote:

I'm actually -finally- moving to Spain this year, i was hoping last year but Covid threw things off balance.

Too bad it's not happening @ Valencia, that'll be just an hour drive, but i'll happily have a long weekend @ Barcelona and enjoy both F1 and the city.

I'm reserved however on the prospect of actually having a GP this season where spectators/visitors are going to be allowed.

Imagine a crazy 2021 season like 2020 turned out to be, where anybody can turn up anywhere somehow.

It's unlikely, but then again, Gasly won a GP in 2020 with AT, and Stroll got SO CLOSE to winning in a RP.

Perez winning @ Mexico
Stroll winning @ Canada

but that table above would be absolutely awesome. Unlikely, but still reachable.

It's going to be very interesting though to see how Sainz will fare next to LeClerc.

I believe and feel LeClerc has been recieving the 'preferred' treatment @ Ferrari the past season especially,
but since Ferrari IS reshaping things and it seems Binotto is having to tone down a bit here and there,

I feel atleast there will be a 'fairer' chance for 2021 in both having 'equal machinery'.

That said, i think Sainz-Leclerc is a fast combo, but similarly 'flammable' as Vettel-Leclerc or perhaps Ocon-Perez.

I am ALSO hugely looking forward to the potential of Verstappen @ RedBull vs Sainz @ Ferrari.
Lucky you!! I can only wish for going to a grand prix atm. Zandvoort for the track and Barcelona for the crowd. Smells like a lovely weeknd :wink:
And don't even mention the team battles! Assuming Ferrari are going to be decently competitive this year, it can be anything between Leclerc vs Sainz vs Ricciardo vs Norris vs Perez vs Vettel vs Gasly and even Max sometimes. (he'll probably be chasing after the mercs more often i reckon)
Its basically choose-your-poison for next year
CFD Eyes of Sauron

adrianjordan

Manoah2u wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 03:31
ryaan2904 wrote:

Perez winning @ Mexico
Stroll winning @ Canada

You know Hamilton already had Covid, right??

The number of actual confirmed second infections, that is where the person was confirmed to have an initial infection, confirmed by a lab to be clear of infection and then confirmed to have a second infection, is only in double digits.

More likely is that Russell would be filling in for Botas.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare