2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
godlameroso

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Why be rude? Well handling balance under different states, that isn't aero, my mind instinctively looks at the differential. This is an E diff after all, and the way the diff locks or doesn't affects both balance and traction.
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

ispano6 wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 18:24
godlameroso wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 15:06
Interesting features regarding handling...how can software play into that. Simulator is obviously software, and Albon said they spent a lot of time on the simulator taking out the weaknesses of the chassis.

I don't think I can figure it out, I'm terrible at riddles.
Software for power delivery and recovery. Fuel mapping as well.
Mechanically there is a new ICE, turbocharger, MGU-H, MGU-K, harnesses, exhaust, wastegates, diffuser, floor, cape, barge boards, brake ducts, rear suspension, gearbox casing. Possibly a new fuel and fluids as well.
There is 100% new fuel and fluids. The last 3 or 4 years have been an absolute BOON for the lubrication industry. With new additive packages and more control and better refinement of base oils. Nanotech and ionic liquids have been a huge game changer in the last few years, just last year I know there have been big advances in nano particles, particularly 'inorganic fullerene tungsten disulfide'. Regular WS2 is plate like sheets, while good at lubricating it does little for extreme pressure, or shock loading. IFWS2 on the other hand does have shock loading properties.

But this is just for end consumers, imagine what they have at the F1 level, Honda and RBR have a direct line to Esso, their lube and fuel partner. It's little doubt that whatever is in the new power unit is cutting edge stuff. They're not putting lucas fuel treatment in the power unit I can tell you that.

https://www.mdpi.com/2075-4442/1/1/3/htm
Saishū kōnā

GhostF1

Sorry, I have to ask.. What is even going on here?

The last few pages have gone so far down into a rabbit hole of extremely vague suggestion and baiting that it borderline has no place on here. I'm all for conversation/speculation, but we aren't even doing that. I, and I'm sure many others feel like a greyhound chasing a fake piece of meat on a stick lol.

I'm extremely apprehensive of this suggestion that Honda's 2021 engine gains are due in no part to their own development and engineering programs, but rather owe all of it to a mysterious "silver bullet" that will "bring about a change in order to the field" from an outside company with the apparent inventor here making claims it's all down to them and Mercedes is lying??

Please realise, I mean no offence and have no aim to denigrate anyone and respect everyone's input on here, but you must admit, this is a rather enormous claim and should be treated with a little bit of scepticism... We are only human. On to the theories...

The only thing I can think of in the last year that even relates to an outside company apparently developing something for or with Honda relating to it's F1 program is this Kumabou plating discussion. If this is the so called bullet, great.

As for Albon's reference to "interesting features". He is talking about the RB16's wayward rear end in the most politically correct way possible. That much is obvious, we all know this. Where or how PU oriented software comes into the rectifying of this issue can pretty much only come down to torque delivery and being clever about it. But that's also insinuating it's issue was power delivery related, a fact which we know is not true or at the very least a very minor part of the issue. Please see how good a rear end the fellow Honda powered AT01 had.

In reference to Slo Poke claiming the following:
other than being the provider of the level playing field we are all about to witness.
You can also consider me the inventor of it, no matter what lies Brackely, Brixworth or Stuttgart have, or may choose to offer.

Stab in the dark here.. if what you say is true, I'm guessing either you were associated with Mercedes at some point and you aren't fond of them claiming a certain program/mechanical trick was their idea but rather yours? To me this sort of sounds like you're implying the RB16B has now got the same trick the Mercedes has when it comes to the rear end. What comes to mind for me is something to do with the gearbox/differential and maybe the PU in tandem: Anyone else recall Lewis' engineer constantly telling him to "switch 'Magic' to on" just before a quali lap or the start of a race? Also listening to George Russell's onboard radio chat with Bono in Bahrain, George radio's in saying the diff adjustments aren't making any difference, to which Bono replies "turn magic off, make the adjustment, then switch magic back on". So there is obviously something going on there that manipulates or at least overrides general diff controls while activated. So whatever this "Magic" is, it sounds handy.

Am I getting warmer?

Racer X

I think 🤔 that while I'm sure Perez brings some insight. That its limit is too low to actually give Honda an edge no offense to any driver but how much could any driver bring in terms of Engine development, i am sure tho that he does bring value info. But not as much as they make it out to be. I think they are using Perez for propaganda to hide some amazing development of their own which they have already been working on. Prior the end of the 2020 season they just decided to bring it all forward in one go. Which is why there's going to be such a huge leap forward.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

FittingMechanics

GhostF1 wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 01:13
Anyone else recall Lewis' engineer constantly telling him to "switch 'Magic' to on" just before a quali lap or the start of a race? Also listening to George Russell's onboard radio chat with Bono in Bahrain, George radio's in saying the diff adjustments aren't making any difference, to which Bono replies "turn magic off, make the adjustment, then switch magic back on". So there is obviously something going on there that manipulates or at least overrides general diff controls while activated. So whatever this "Magic" is, it sounds handy.

Am I getting warmer?
Why do you indulge someone that obviously wants to make vague claims that are unprovable. Not only that, but the way in which he goes about it is so obviously fake that it's impossible to take it seriously. If he wants to be taken seriously, he should make a clear comment about what he is implying.

All this talk of "magic" sounds like "MGU-K" to me. Pronounciation is similar. I doubt they would refer to some secret system as "magic". They would use a non descript name not to raise suspicion. I'd love to see a quote where Bono used it.

GhostF1

FittingMechanics wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 10:09
GhostF1 wrote:
Anyone else recall Lewis' engineer constantly telling him to "switch 'Magic' to on" just before a quali lap or the start of a race? Also listening to George Russell's onboard radio chat with Bono in Bahrain, George radio's in saying the diff adjustments aren't making any difference, to which Bono replies "turn magic off, make the adjustment, then switch magic back on". So there is obviously something going on there that manipulates or at least overrides general diff controls while activated. So whatever this "Magic" is, it sounds handy.

Am I getting warmer?
Why do you indulge someone that obviously wants to make vague claims that are unprovable. Not only that, but the way in which he goes about it is so obviously fake that it's impossible to take it seriously. If he wants to be taken seriously, he should make a clear comment about what he is implying.

All this talk of "magic" sounds like "MGU-K" to me. Pronounciation is similar. I doubt they would refer to some secret system as "magic". They would use a non descript name not to raise suspicion. I'd love to see a quote where Bono used it.
More to see what the response would be when probed.

MGU-K/Magic does sort of make sense. But it's still unusual that the differential preload settings require magic setting off. George was asking this during a safety car period. So it was active behind the safety car.

Wouter

Helmut Marko on Servus TV.

''The preparation for this season is the best we have had in the last seven years. Our goal is the world title and even as outsiders we can take it. The all-new engine from Honda is a beautiful piece of work. Honda has found more performance for 2021, and taken out the weaknesses,'' Marko told Servus TV.

''All in all, this improvement in the engine should ensure that we are on the level of Mercedes. However, we know they don't sleep, so I hope their leap is not so big now that their engine is already in its eighth year. That development curve has to start levelling off somewhere. I am confident about the Honda engine. There were some problems in the preparation, but that was due to sloppiness. It was nothing that would indicate serious mechanical or electronic problems.''

''We don't need to take any legal steps to prevent Mercedes from luring Verstappen away from us. We just have to give Max a car he can win with, and compete for the world title with. If we manage to do that, there will be nothing to stop us working together for a long time'', the Austrian concludes.
Here is the original German article:

https://www.motorsport-total.com/formel ... m-21030901
Last edited by Wouter on 09 Mar 2021, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

aMessageToCharlie

FittingMechanics wrote:
GhostF1 wrote:

Am I getting warmer?

@0:55 & 01:20

Think you're right that it's refering to the energy recovery.

GhostF1

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 11:38
FittingMechanics wrote:
GhostF1 wrote:

Am I getting warmer?

Yeah, we could assume magic is some sort of extreme MGU-K recovery mode with massive engine braking (hence saying turn it off to get temps up). Still strange Lewis uses that during a quali lap. There has to be differential/transmission programming in tandem going on and it's

Anyway we are straying off topic I fear. Nothing to suggest RBR have this at their disposal.

Slo Poke

GhostF1 wrote:
Sorry, I have to ask.. What is even going on here?

The last few pages have gone so far down into a rabbit hole of extremely vague suggestion and baiting that it borderline has no place on here. I'm all for conversation/speculation, but we aren't even doing that. I, and I'm sure many others feel like a greyhound chasing a fake piece of meat on a stick lol.

I'm extremely apprehensive of this suggestion that Honda's 2021 engine gains are due in no part to their own development and engineering programs, but rather owe all of it to a mysterious "silver bullet" that will "bring about a change in order to the field" from an outside company with the apparent inventor here making claims it's all down to them and Mercedes is lying??

Please realise, I mean no offence and have no aim to denigrate anyone and respect everyone's input on here, but you must admit, this is a rather enormous claim and should be treated with a little bit of scepticism... We are only human. On to the theories...

The only thing I can think of in the last year that even relates to an outside company apparently developing something for or with Honda relating to it's F1 program is this Kumabou plating discussion. If this is the so called bullet, great.

As for Albon's reference to "interesting features". He is talking about the RB16's wayward rear end in the most politically correct way possible. That much is obvious, we all know this. Where or how PU oriented software comes into the rectifying of this issue can pretty much only come down to torque delivery and being clever about it. But that's also insinuating it's issue was power delivery related, a fact which we know is not true or at the very least a very minor part of the issue. Please see how good a rear end the fellow Honda powered AT01 had.

In reference to Slo Poke claiming the following:
other than being the provider of the level playing field we are all about to witness.
You can also consider me the inventor of it, no matter what lies Brackely, Brixworth or Stuttgart have, or may choose to offer.

Stab in the dark here.. if what you say is true, I'm guessing either you were associated with Mercedes at some point and you aren't fond of them claiming a certain program/mechanical trick was their idea but rather yours? To me this sort of sounds like you're implying the RB16B has now got the same trick the Mercedes has when it comes to the rear end. What comes to mind for me is something to do with the gearbox/differential and maybe the PU in tandem: Anyone else recall Lewis' engineer constantly telling him to "switch 'Magic' to on" just before a quali lap or the start of a race? Also listening to George Russell's onboard radio chat with Bono in Bahrain, George radio's in saying the diff adjustments aren't making any difference, to which Bono replies "turn magic off, make the adjustment, then switch magic back on". So there is obviously something going on there that manipulates or at least overrides general diff controls while activated. So whatever this "Magic" is, it sounds handy.

Am I getting warmer?
You do strike me as being a little hot under the collar GhostF1.
Tell ya what! Chill out man and enjoy the testing and then the racing. It’s gonna be Great!

Slo Poke

GhostF1 wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 12:17
aMessageToCharlie wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 11:38
FittingMechanics wrote:

Yeah, we could assume magic is some sort of extreme MGU-K recovery mode with massive engine braking (hence saying turn it off to get temps up). Still strange Lewis uses that during a quali lap. There has to be differential/transmission programming in tandem going on and it's

Anyway we are straying off topic I fear. Nothing to suggest RBR have this at their disposal.
Actually, they do!

Wouter

Slo Poke wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 14:09
GhostF1 wrote:

Actually, they do!

@Slo Poke, you say that RBR has this. How can we believe that after you've written this?
Why are you so secretive and don't just say how you got that information?

Slo Poke wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 18:20
LM10 wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 17:35
Do you have some kind of a direct or indirect connection to the team and thus insider info? Genuine question.
LM10:
I have no kind of direct or indirect connection to either RedBull Racing or Honda, other than being the provider of the level playing field we are all about to witness.
The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

Wouter wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 10:27
Helmut Marko on Servus TV.

''The preparation for this season is the best we have had in the last seven years. Our goal is the world title and even as outsiders we can take it. The all-new engine from Honda is a beautiful piece of work. Honda has found more performance for 2021, and taken out the weaknesses,'' Marko told Servus TV.

''All in all, this improvement in the engine should ensure that we are on the level of Mercedes. However, we know they don't sleep, so I hope their leap is not so big now that their engine is already in its eighth year. That development curve has to start levelling off somewhere. I am confident about the Honda engine. There were some problems in the preparation, but that was due to sloppiness. It was nothing that would indicate serious mechanical or electronic problems.''

''We don't need to take any legal steps to prevent Mercedes from luring Verstappen away from us. We just have to give Max a car he can win with, and compete for the world title with. If we manage to do that, there will be nothing to stop us working together for a long time'', the Austrian concludes.
Here is the original German article:

https://www.motorsport-total.com/formel ... m-21030901
#-o

That's harsh man! Not completely untrue however, little oopsies that don't really hurt nothing but your sense of pride.

3 long days from now we'll know how it all fits together. In the end it'll work.

I'll laugh if it was a transmission hydraulics issue.

You ever had a part on your car go bad, leaving your car perfectly running but stranded? Clutch slave perhaps? 4 days later when the part arrives, you're back on the road 15 minutes later.
Saishū kōnā

Slo Poke

Wouter wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 15:12
Slo Poke wrote:
GhostF1 wrote:

Actually, they do!

@Slo Poke, you say that RBR has this. How can we believe that after you've written this?

Slo Poke wrote:
LM10 wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 17:35
Do you have some kind of a direct or indirect connection to the team and thus insider info? Genuine question.
LM10:
I have no kind of direct or indirect connection to either RedBull Racing or Honda, other than being the provider of the level playing field we are all about to witness.
Wouter:
Directly after the Austrian race last year, I sent in to RedBull Racing information pertaining to an invention that I created. No-one else created it, I did. That is how I know the Honda engine and the electrification of it will, coupled with Mr. Newey’s supremacy with chassis’s, provide you and I with proper formula one racing this year.
Now! The invention was originally sent in to Brackely two races prior to end of 2013 mainly because I became very seriously ill and in desperation I unloaded to them, for which I received a ‘now piss off’ reply. I think I’m right to help out RedBull Honda as both are Competitors and not posers and I wish them well.
As for the radio exchange Bono to Russell. What’s actually happening there is when Bono says switch magic on, the magic is no longer in operation. Then when Bono says switch magic off the magic is actually working. It’s a mislead, a hoodwink concocted to keep what they have to themselves. Trouble is I know all about it. I’ll give you this, it’s a method construed to preserve rubber.
Later this year when RedBull Honda have mathematically sewn up the championship I’ll divulge it all. Until then please feel absolutely free to mock, sneer, jeer and laugh out loud as much as you are able to or want, I don’t give a jot.

El Scorchio

Slo Poke wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 16:40
Wouter wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 15:12
Slo Poke wrote:

Actually, they do!

Slo Poke wrote:

LM10:
Wouter:
Directly after the Austrian race last year, I sent in to RedBull Racing information pertaining to an invention that I created. No-one else created it, I did. That is how I know the Honda engine and the electrification of it will, coupled with Mr. Newey’s supremacy with chassis’s, provide you and I with proper formula one racing this year.
Now! The invention was originally sent in to Brackely two races prior to end of 2013 mainly because I became very seriously ill and in desperation I unloaded to them, for which I received a ‘now piss off’ reply. I think I’m right to help out RedBull Honda as both are Competitors and not posers and I wish them well.
As for the radio exchange Bono to Russell. What’s actually happening there is when Bono says switch magic on, the magic is no longer in operation. Then when Bono says switch magic off the magic is actually working. It’s a mislead, a hoodwink concocted to keep what they have to themselves. Trouble is I know all about it. I’ll give you this, it’s a method construed to preserve rubber.
Later this year when RedBull Honda have mathematically sewn up the championship I’ll divulge it all. Until then please feel absolutely free to mock, sneer, jeer and laugh out loud as much as you are able to or want, I don’t give a jot.
Cheers Slo Poke. Very interesting! So are we to assume that Mercedes might have 'borrowed' some inspiration from your idea?