Livery thread again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Morteza

Re: Livery thread again!

Herr_Koos wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 14:10
Manoah2u wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 15:41
oh dear god look at how great this looks

https://i.redd.it/2yg4ndgitn931.jpg
That livery is iconic.

Speaking of iconic liveries, I see very few people doing modern takes on the silver West livery, which I absolutely adore. I still maintain the MP4/13 is one of the best-looking F1 cars of all time.
West is my all-time favorite McLaren livery. To me MP4-20 is the best-looking F1 car of 21st century :)
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

aMessageToCharlie

Manoah2u wrote:
20 Mar 2021, 20:25
Well, to be fair, most teams are based in england so they all should thus be british racing green except for Ferrari.
To be fair, they're all diverse, multinational teams and not just brits, which makes that statement obsolete.

Just_a_fan

Manoah2u wrote:
Well, to be fair, most teams are based in england so they all should thus be british racing green except for Ferrari.
There's no such thing as a single "British Racing Green"... :wink:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Simone Ferrari

Well, the Red was a National Colour for Italy (like the Green and White of course). Historically, after Napoleon, Green was the most used as a "National Colour for Kingdom of Italy" after, always the Red. The "Savoy Blue" was added as another national color as homage to Savoia Dynasty. BTW, I agree that the National Racing Colours were just a practical way to create a sort of scheme for every country. At the end I prefer when every manufacturer use its own color (Yellow for Renault, Almond Green for Aston Martin, Silver for Ferrari, Championship White for Honda etc).
Manoah2u wrote:

Also red is not actually a traditional 'country' colour. It's blue. Azzuri.

I know you're refering to 'racing' colors but that's much more something established as manufacturer-imposed, and nothing with nationality. that only came later.

But if that, then Alpha Tauri should be Red.
Alfa Romeo should be fully white.

Jolle

Simone Ferrari wrote:
21 Mar 2021, 13:06
Well, the Red was a National Colour for Italy (like the Green and White of course). Historically, after Napoleon, Green was the most used as a "National Colour for Kingdom of Italy" after, always the Red. The "Savoy Blue" was added as another national color as homage to Savoia Dynasty. BTW, I agree that the National Racing Colours were just a practical way to create a sort of scheme for every country. At the end I prefer when every manufacturer use its own color (Yellow for Renault, Almond Green for Aston Martin, Silver for Ferrari, Championship White for Honda etc).
Manoah2u wrote:

I know you're refering to 'racing' colors but that's much more something established as manufacturer-imposed, and nothing with nationality. that only came later.

Small detail but not unimportant. The national colours are/were not for the constructor but for the team. If an American team bought a couple of Ferraris, they would race in the American colours.

Scorpaguy

"British Racing Green"...whether it exists or not...I just wish, whatever the hue, it did not look black as does the Aston.

JordanMugen

Scorpaguy wrote:
21 Mar 2021, 21:19
"British Racing Green"...whether it exists or not...I just wish, whatever the hue, it did not look black as does the Aston.
British Racing Green is typically a very dark colour.

Aston Martin Racing Green however is usually a much lighter colour.

However, Aston Martin seem to be racing a colour which is somewhere in-between.

Holm86

I liked the Jaguar F1 green, it was light and metallic

jjn9128

Holm86 wrote:
22 Mar 2021, 15:52
I liked the Jaguar F1 green, it was light and metallic
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/28/76/84 ... f72b13.jpg
Ohhhhhhh yeah.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Manoah2u

God yes. I also quite liked the Caterham/TeamLotus (1Malaysia) 'british racing green'.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Simone Ferrari

Of course, Silver for Mercedes and Red for Ferrari....
Jolle wrote:
21 Mar 2021, 21:14
Simone Ferrari wrote:
21 Mar 2021, 13:06
Manoah2u wrote:

Small detail but not unimportant. The national colours are/were not for the constructor but for the team. If an American team bought a couple of Ferraris, they would race in the American colours.

Manoah2u

this is what Haas should have went with

"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Manoah2u

you know what would be pretty cool?

a one-off RBR livery in the RED EDITION colours

wouldn't that be amazing, a red redbull with some chrome elements, and some green.

Special for the Mexican GP?

is that even allowed? I mean Ferrari after all drove a dark red livery for their 1000th GP.
For Alonso's goodbye @ Mclaren they had a spanish flag on the car.

NathanOlder

Herr_Koos wrote:
19 Mar 2021, 14:10
Manoah2u wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 15:41
oh dear god look at how great this looks

https://i.redd.it/2yg4ndgitn931.jpg
That livery is iconic.

Speaking of iconic liveries, I see very few people doing modern takes on the silver West livery, which I absolutely adore. I still maintain the MP4/13 is one of the best-looking F1 cars of all time.
Agreed. We had an MP4/13 on the top of our wedding cake.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Cuky

Manoah2u wrote:
23 Mar 2021, 15:28
you know what would be pretty cool?

a one-off RBR livery in the RED EDITION colours

https://preview.redd.it/q6e822szjnt51.j ... 8051d5c9ff

wouldn't that be amazing, a red redbull with some chrome elements, and some green.

Special for the Mexican GP?

is that even allowed? I mean Ferrari after all drove a dark red livery for their 1000th GP.
For Alonso's goodbye @ Mclaren they had a spanish flag on the car.
If I am not mistaken it is allowed, though team has to get a permission from FIA and if I am not mistaken other teams must agree on it. Just think of RB's special liveries in Monaco in their first years in F1. Or Wings for Life liveries at Silverstone with photos of their fans as part of a livery. Or that special white livery they ran on Coulthard's car for his final race, but Webber had the standard livery