2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Hamilton is a titan indeed, and Bottas is most certainly not. But the fact he was being chased down was due to there only being one dry path an outside there you could not do any overtaking (until the rest of the track dried out). So he was just there sitting and waiting and Russell Should have done the same. None of which is pertinent to Red Bull Racing team thread though.

hasika

Datco wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 14:57
El Scorchio wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 11:17
Pany wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 10:34
There is clearly a small gap to mercedes engine for Verstappen car. He is fighting for title, so I guess only for his case Honda is using a slightly safer map, in order to ensure 8 gps in a row; is a tottally new PU. In the case fo Alpha Tauri and Perez, are pushinh more hard hard. Hence the failures
They all have to use the same maps, don't they? (all cars with the same engine)
The overspeed of Lewis in DRS was significant compared to anybody else. Light years significant. Which is odd because as mentioned without DRS they don't really stand out. Maybe this is one of the innovations they were cryptic about at the start of the season.
Yeah i also noticed that.Mercedes gained so much speed with DRS compared to others.

JordanMugen

Sieper wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 17:11
Hamilton is a titan indeed, and Bottas is most certainly not. But the fact he was being chased down was due to there only being one dry path an outside there you could not do any overtaking (until the rest of the track dried out). So he was just there sitting and waiting and Russell Should have done the same. None of which is pertinent to Red Bull Racing team thread though.
If it means Mercedes release Russell from the Mercedes program, it could however be very helpful for Red Bull though (if Perez doesn't pick up the pace, that is).

Thankfully Red Bull should (hopefully) allow a fair battle between Verstappen and Russell, which will be great for fans. =D>

It would be fun to see feisty Russell in a Red Bull Racing car, I presume he can grab by the scruff of the neck the way he does the Williams, and the way Verstappen also drives the Red Bull.

Datco

JordanMugen wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 17:39
Sieper wrote:
If it means Mercedes release Russell from the Mercedes program, it could however be very helpful for Red Bull though (if Perez doesn't pick up the pace, that is).

Thankfully Red Bull should (hopefully) allow a fair battle between Verstappen and Russell, which will be great for fans. =D>

It would be fun to see feisty Russell in a Red Bull Racing car, I presume he can grab by the scruff of the neck the way he does the Williams, and the way Verstappen also drives the Red Bull.
I don't know, many have been humbled by the Red Bull. But there's hope for 2022 if they can design car that's easier to get the maximum performance.

Jolle

Datco wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 19:21
JordanMugen wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 17:39
Sieper wrote:

I don't know, many have been humbled by the Red Bull. But there's hope for 2022 if they can design car that's easier to get the maximum performance.
Mercedes isn't going to release Russell because of one F-UP from their contract, especially because his speed was so good, that he directly challenged the works team. It's more likely that Bottas will end up next to Verstappen in a RedBull next year :P

godlameroso

Perez simply made a lot of mistakes, too many, the pace is there though. It's just a matter of executing when it counts. He just needs a good weekend to get him going.
Saishū kōnā

maguetox

godlameroso wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 23:05
Perez simply made a lot of mistakes, too many, the pace is there though. It's just a matter of executing when it counts. He just needs a good weekend to get him going.
Next race he needs no over pressure him to obtain a good result in order to prove that this was a bad weekend. He needs to going to Portugal and do what he knows to do best, use his excellent race craft to finish the race the best way possible.

Zynerji

Checo@RBR2022

He will catch on soon. Beating Max in qualifying was all Horner/Marko needed to see.

Jolle

Zynerji wrote:
19 Apr 2021, 23:25
Checo@RBR2022

He will catch on soon. Beating Max in qualifying was all Horner/Marko needed to see.
I think the biggest reason for Perez at Redbull is to bring a moment of rest within the program. The departure of Vettel cascaded in a promotion of talent before they matured. Verstappen was a lucky hit. Kvyat, Gasly and Albon were promoted far to quickly, Albon, Kvyat and Hartley were called back from their release to fill gaps... they need a few stable years at the main team. As soon as/if Tsunoda is ready, Perez will be out.

Zynerji

Jolle wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 00:41
Zynerji wrote:
Checo@RBR2022

I think the biggest reason for Perez at Redbull is to bring a moment of rest within the program. The departure of Vettel cascaded in a promotion of talent before they matured. Verstappen was a lucky hit. Kvyat, Gasly and Albon were promoted far to quickly, Albon, Kvyat and Hartley were called back from their release to fill gaps... they need a few stable years at the main team. As soon as/if Tsunoda is ready, Perez will be out.
I agree, especially with Checos age (31).

Might not want to write off Pierre yet tho... He's made huge strides since his RBR days.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Wouter wrote:
20 Apr 2021, 11:20
what a wonderful day it would be, if checo also overtook ham.

basti313

Zynerji wrote:
Checo@RBR2022

The big issue is that Checco needs to feel comfy. That he did at Aston and on this way he was when doing very well in the first race. I think that is what he showed in Q.
I am very concerned that the bad race will turn into a spiral that brings back the McLaren Checco...next race will be crucial for him. From the announcement of him going to the Bulls I had the concern that Marco is not the guy who releases the pressure from a driver. And this is exactly the McLaren story...
Don`t russel the hamster!

Zynerji

basti313 wrote:
22 Apr 2021, 14:49
Zynerji wrote:
Checo@RBR2022

The big issue is that Checco needs to feel comfy. That he did at Aston and on this way he was when doing very well in the first race. I think that is what he showed in Q.
I am very concerned that the bad race will turn into a spiral that brings back the McLaren Checco...next race will be crucial for him. From the announcement of him going to the Bulls I had the concern that Marco is not the guy who releases the pressure from a driver. And this is exactly the McLaren story...
I'm not sure I'd feel really comfortable in a new car in the rain either...

If Imola would have stayed dry, I think Checo would have been able to push the RB16B much harder.

Sieper

Season is still long. There will be many chances to show the skills. So far it has been both hopeful and a tad disappointing. But we are 2 races in, one in treacherous conditions.