2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
El Scorchio

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Wouter wrote:
07 May 2021, 12:53
https://the-race.com/formula-1/inside-r ... superteam/

Merc hires, 600+ applicants – Horner on Red Bull recruitment

Red Bull has had hundreds of responses to job adverts for its Formula 1 engine programme, in addition to an initial recruitment drive attracting multiple Mercedes personnel.

Red Bull Racing team boss and CEO Christian Horner told The Race: “We put a basic advert out a month or so ago, just to cast the net out and see who’s out there. It’s had to date over 600 responses, and pretty much all from people within the industry.
“That’s been incredibly encouraging.”

“We’ve started with the management structure which is very much taking place with some of those significant announcements being made,” said Horner.
“Further will follow in due course, but the team and the shape of the team is really starting to take shape now.
“I’ve been absolutely chuffed with the take-up we’ve had. We’ve got some real talents, these guys probably aren’t familiar names to you but they’re the top of their game from within the industry.
“Further will follow in due course, but the team and the shape of the team is really starting to take shape now.

“I’ve been absolutely chuffed with the take-up we’ve had. We’ve got some real talents, these guys probably aren’t familiar names to you but they’re the top of their game from within the industry.
“Obviously they won’t be bringing IP with them but they’ve all been long-timers that HPP, and they’ve produced the benchmark engine over the years. So that’s fantastic for us.
“When you’re starting from scratch with a clean sheet of paper you want to bring in as much talent as you can.
“We’re looking across a broad spectrum of disciplines, the most important thing for us has been to get that senior level together.

“Of course, then we’ll be developing young talent, just as we do on the chassis side.
“That’s also really exciting, working with universities and developing young talent.
“It’s probably the most exciting engineering business being built in the UK at the moment so of course you can imagine there’s been no shortage of interest.”

A major order has been placed to equip the new facility with several engine test benches which have the capability to test combustion engines as well as electric powertrains.
Single-cylinder test benches have also been ordered to develop the engines around the new so-called e-fuels that will be introduced in F1 at a low level next year (10%) before expected 100% biofuels are produced for the new engine rules in 2025.
AVL’s software capabilities will also help Red Bull link simulation and testing in real time on the test benches, including testing different track profiles.
There are more than 300 AVL employees in Britain and some will help install Red Bull’s new equipment and support the operation of it.

“AVL produce some of the best dynos, rigs and equipment in the world and they were an obvious partner to couple up with,” said Horner.
“They’ve been tremendously helpful in helping to lay out [the new facility], and in accommodating the aggressive build that there is with the facility and obviously the dynos and machines that we need to be housed within it.”
It's very encouraging for them and also good for the sport if they can build up a good competitive engine manufacturing business and very handy they don't have to start from scratch with the engine. Great opportunity for lots of engineers to join at ground level as well. You always have to applaud job creation. I wonder if one day they might supply to more than just the RBR and AT teams, or if they'll want to just keep it in house.

etusch

El Scorchio wrote:
07 May 2021, 13:01
Wouter wrote:
07 May 2021, 12:53
https://the-race.com/formula-1/inside-r ... superteam/

Merc hires, 600+ applicants – Horner on Red Bull recruitment

Red Bull has had hundreds of responses to job adverts for its Formula 1 engine programme, in addition to an initial recruitment drive attracting multiple Mercedes personnel.

Red Bull Racing team boss and CEO Christian Horner told The Race: “We put a basic advert out a month or so ago, just to cast the net out and see who’s out there. It’s had to date over 600 responses, and pretty much all from people within the industry.
“That’s been incredibly encouraging.”

“We’ve started with the management structure which is very much taking place with some of those significant announcements being made,” said Horner.

“Obviously they won’t be bringing IP with them but they’ve all been long-timers that HPP, and they’ve produced the benchmark engine over the years. So that’s fantastic for us.
“When you’re starting from scratch with a clean sheet of paper you want to bring in as much talent as you can.
“We’re looking across a broad spectrum of disciplines, the most important thing for us has been to get that senior level together.

“Of course, then we’ll be developing young talent, just as we do on the chassis side.
“That’s also really exciting, working with universities and developing young talent.
“It’s probably the most exciting engineering business being built in the UK at the moment so of course you can imagine there’s been no shortage of interest.”

A major order has been placed to equip the new facility with several engine test benches which have the capability to test combustion engines as well as electric powertrains.
Single-cylinder test benches have also been ordered to develop the engines around the new so-called e-fuels that will be introduced in F1 at a low level next year (10%) before expected 100% biofuels are produced for the new engine rules in 2025.
AVL’s software capabilities will also help Red Bull link simulation and testing in real time on the test benches, including testing different track profiles.
There are more than 300 AVL employees in Britain and some will help install Red Bull’s new equipment and support the operation of it.

“AVL produce some of the best dynos, rigs and equipment in the world and they were an obvious partner to couple up with,” said Horner.
“They’ve been tremendously helpful in helping to lay out [the new facility], and in accommodating the aggressive build that there is with the facility and obviously the dynos and machines that we need to be housed within it.”
It's very encouraging for them and also good for the sport if they can build up a good competitive engine manufacturing business and very handy they don't have to start from scratch with the engine. Great opportunity for lots of engineers to join at ground level as well. You always have to applaud job creation. I wonder if one day they might supply to more than just the RBR and AT teams, or if they'll want to just keep it in house.
I think we can be sure that a redbull super sport roadcar is just a matter of time.

Wouter

Race 100 for Max Verstappen at RBR.

The Power of Dreams!

seense

The car not looking particularly good. Seeing lots of flowviz; updates not working as expected?

PlatinumZealot

Sieper wrote:
07 May 2021, 11:17
PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 May 2021, 20:50
Well said champ! Slightly behind but will soon be in front!
Very nice of you to say this about Max. He indeed is slightly behind and I am glad to hear you say you think he will be in front soon :D

Or you might have mistaken the thread you were in Ofcourse :P
It's the RedBull thread, so I will take that one.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Marti_EF3

It seems graining on the right tires?? That was unexpected, even on the Mediums. Today a lot of testing I think, tomorrow will be the day

Sieper

Yes, very much so, both Perez and Hamilton that I saw. Front and rear right hand side, rear the worst. max’ tire still looked smooth.

godlameroso

Don't worry guys. Verstappen is a tenth and a half faster than Hamilton on pace.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

godlameroso wrote:
07 May 2021, 17:37
Don't worry guys. Verstappen is a tenth and a half faster than Hamilton on pace.
Where do you get that idea from? That isn't correct.
Can you give me those numbers?
The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

Wouter wrote:
07 May 2021, 18:33
godlameroso wrote:
It is correct.

Hamilton's soft tire run started with high 22's but couldn't keep that pace, whereas Verstappen could do high 22's towards the end.

Hamilton's medium tire runs were mid to high 22's, Verstappen matched that on his first lap, and I know there's more to come from him and RBR. I'll take the negative rep, but I expect you to undo it Sunday.
Saishū kōnā

McMika98

godlameroso wrote:
Its panic time cause Max will make another mistake and give the win to Merc. He is making far too many mistakes.
Imperative that Redbull qualify in top 4, else they will struggle to overtake back markers.

Wouter

godlameroso wrote:
07 May 2021, 19:07
Wouter wrote:
07 May 2021, 18:33
godlameroso wrote:
It is correct.

Hamilton's soft tire run started with high 22's but couldn't keep that pace, whereas Verstappen could do high 22's towards the end.

Hamilton's medium tire runs were mid to high 22's, Verstappen matched that on his first lap, and I know there's more to come from him and RBR. I'll take the negative rep, but I expect you to undo it Sunday.
I'm sorry, but I see other times on this FIA site.

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files ... es_v01.pdf

And here.
The Power of Dreams!

NL_Fer

Max had a purple final sector on one of the first fast laps and made a mistake on his qualy sim. His first 2 sectors were on par with Hamilton.

Wouter

Mark Hughes: Mercedes’ Friday advantage is very deceptive

https://the-race.com/formula-1/mark-hug ... deceptive/
The Power of Dreams!

wowgr8

Mercedes are favorites IMO. But Max needs to deliver a front row minimum tomorrow after underperforming in the last 2 qualis