2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MKlaus

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

godlameroso wrote:
08 May 2021, 20:26
PlatinumZealot wrote:
08 May 2021, 18:22
etusch wrote:
08 May 2021, 18:13
I also think that he mean cars balance is not same as he drove p3. Otherwise what can be different? Same engine, same gb and carbon parts. It is normal to be behind against experienced team mate if you are not outstanding talent. It is good he doesn't accept to be beaten or being slow but it is bad if he blame car instead of trying to find what he has to improve with settings or with his drive
Yes. i cehcked again and you are right.

Yuki just needs to calm down. I dont really rate drivers who cannot control their emotions and yuki just needs that right now. Just to keep his head down. He needs to realise he has 23 races!
Can you blame him? He's eager to prove himself, and part of growing is controlling your demons. I think once he gets on top of that and the results start coming things will change for him. It's turning that page that's holding him back. As with all things he's his own worst enemy.
to get to f1, it's a herculean task and you should have had strong staff of people that support and help set right expectations and tell a young driver how to and where to focus on right things. f1 cars are incredibly complex to achieve the full scale of performance from them and if he doesn't know it already, then he didn't do his homework right. his demeanor inside the car doesn't really give a good opinion of his approach or his ability. it appears as if he thinks nailing the throttle gives performance and when that doesn't happen, he shouts on the radio. he doesn't seem to be a naturally patient young man like many around him. he is in red bull and they chew and spit drivers like chewing gum. he need to wake up from the hype given to him, accept that he needs to mend his behavior and work his a** off to even look decent. he definitely doesn't seem to be gifted like many young drivers that have come in the past few years to f1 and with the current attitude, the road ahead is really hard.

Wouter

godlameroso wrote:
08 May 2021, 20:27
Wouter wrote:
08 May 2021, 19:25
MKlaus wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:53
i am not sure why people thought perez is going to be any good on saturdays. he was never a great qualifier. he was comfortably beaten in qualifying by both hulk and ocon in their time together. he is at a place, where his tyre management in races is going to be useless as the top 3 checks out quite faster. unless he qualifies ahead of one mercedes and holds up that place through race, he isn't going to add any value.
https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3141 ... qualifying

Sergio Perez has revealed pain in his left shoulder contributed to his poor qualifying result at the Spanish Grand Prix on Saturday.

"I didn't felt 100% with myself today," he said. "I had a bit of an issue with my shoulder through qualifying and was feeling bad all the way through it.

"I've spoken to the team and we reviewed everything and we should be back to 100% tomorrow."

Perez was not sure how he had sustained the injury but said the pain got worse during the session.

Asked if it contributed to his disappointing performance, he added: "It was just a bad day.

"I didn't get a good lap throughout the day. Q1 was looking alright but we just didn't make any progress after that.

"But I wasn't 100% so it was hard to get the best out of the car in qualifying."

"[It was] the toughest qualifying, not feeling 100% physically was a big limitation."
Soreness can happen when you spend too much time in the simulator. Sometimes you become unconscious, you tense up, and keep that tension while you're focusing on setting lap times. Then you sleep wrong, and boom, you wake up with a soreness that goes from your neck to your shoulder. Unfortunately, even the best of us, take a few days to come back from that, it'll be better tomorrow for sure, but he won't be 100%
Perez got a new seat, maybe that causes the pain?
The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

MKlaus wrote:
08 May 2021, 20:47
godlameroso wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
08 May 2021, 18:22

Yes. i cehcked again and you are right.

Yuki just needs to calm down. I dont really rate drivers who cannot control their emotions and yuki just needs that right now. Just to keep his head down. He needs to realise he has 23 races!
Can you blame him? He's eager to prove himself, and part of growing is controlling your demons. I think once he gets on top of that and the results start coming things will change for him. It's turning that page that's holding him back. As with all things he's his own worst enemy.
to get to f1, it's a herculean task and you should have had strong staff of people that support and help set right expectations and tell a young driver how to and where to focus on right things. f1 cars are incredibly complex to achieve the full scale of performance from them and if he doesn't know it already, then he didn't do his homework right. his demeanor inside the car doesn't really give a good opinion of his approach or his ability. it appears as if he thinks nailing the throttle gives performance and when that doesn't happen, he shouts on the radio. he doesn't seem to be a naturally patient young man like many around him. he is in red bull and they chew and spit drivers like chewing gum. he need to wake up from the hype given to him, accept that he needs to mend his behavior and work his a** off to even look decent. he definitely doesn't seem to be gifted like many young drivers that have come in the past few years to f1 and with the current attitude, the road ahead is really hard.
It took LeClerc about half a season to start getting to grips with these cars, until then he was scrapping with Marcus(I didn't hit Grosjean) Ericcsson, and NO one thinks he's a muppet, yet you're writing off Tsunoda after a few races. Yes his attitude and swearing isn't helping him, yet what if he turns it around? Everyone loves a good redemption tale.
Saishū kōnā

Pyrone89

The W12 seems to be easier to drive on the limit than the RBR16B. On pure pace with perfect laps both cars seem to be really close, but to get a perfect lap seems to go easier in the W12 / more forgiving. Still some work to do for RBR to completely close up to Mercedes as Max said, if they really want to have a shot at the title. And remember that Merc is yet to bring an extensive upgrade package while RBR already has done that. So when the Merc gets the big upgrade I am sure is in the pipeline RBR could see the W12 disappear on the horizon even if Max wrings out a perfect lap from the RBR16B.

Work to do.

In a normal race I expect HAM - BOT - VER or perhaps HAM - VER - BOT, as it is close to impossible to overtake here and Merc can double-team the one RBR.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

MKlaus

godlameroso wrote:
08 May 2021, 21:18
MKlaus wrote:
godlameroso wrote:

It took LeClerc about half a season to start getting to grips with these cars, until then he was scrapping with Marcus(I didn't hit Grosjean) Ericcsson, and NO one thinks he's a muppet, yet you're writing off Tsunoda after a few races. Yes his attitude and swearing isn't helping him, yet what if he turns it around? Everyone loves a good redemption tale.
you need to look at the junior category performance for leclerc. besides leclerc always beat himself when he made mistakes, which is why he is what he is. by third race of 2018, leclerc started outqualifying ericsson and by forth race, he started ouracing too. it's not a good comparison. i doubt if yuki can replicate that. time will tell, but there is nothing that gives encouraging signs.
i don't have particular like or dislike for him, but i was puzzled by the hype given to him.

ispano6

Zynerji wrote:
08 May 2021, 17:18
Yuki in the quali interview saying the Alpha Tauri cars are not equal... I might have to re-think my new found fandom...
If I find a Japanese version of his comments I'll let you know if he's saying the same thing in his mother tongue.
His limited English won't be indicative of what he means to say, which may be more or less about set up and balance, it could also be what he is telling his engineers is crude English that isn't conveying what his feeling in the car is.

But in any case, this is the Red Bull team thread, not Alpha Tauri's.

Sieper

hasika wrote:
08 May 2021, 17:12
Not a perfect Saturday,but P2 is not bad.I am pretty sure that this year RB can fight for the Championship.
This is a track where Mercedes got all the last 8 year's pole position since 2013,its one of the strongest track for Mercedes we can say.
If RB can be so close here,then i think RB will have some advantage in other track,they will be very strong all the year.
So its still a acceptable result for me.
I hope so, and you are right, but (sorry Godlameroso) won’t we keep saying that and expecting Max to ace everything.

Zynerji

ispano6 wrote:
08 May 2021, 21:38
Zynerji wrote:
Yuki in the quali interview saying the Alpha Tauri cars are not equal... I might have to re-think my new found fandom...
If I find a Japanese version of his comments I'll let you know if he's saying the same thing in his mother tongue.
His limited English won't be indicative of what he means to say, which may be more or less about set up and balance, it could also be what he is telling his engineers is crude English that isn't conveying what his feeling in the car is.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/977450/1/ ... out-f1-car

Sieper

Wouter wrote:
08 May 2021, 17:27
Juzh wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:41

Yeah 9 tenths is exaggerated simply down to having no banker lap makes you more cautious on your final one, but Perez was 0.75s behind in Q2 as well. Verstappen completely mopped the floor with him.
I think this car is in reality not that close to mercedes as how Verstappen makes it look like.
So you are saying that the Mercedes car is faster?
So when Max is only 0.036 sec behind Lewis in a slower car ---> Max is a better driver than Lewis this afternoon. :D
Yes. As evidenced by Bottas being so close to Hamilton too. Bottas, who has rumours of being out of that seat due to not cutting it.

ispano6

Zynerji wrote:
08 May 2021, 21:44
ispano6 wrote:
08 May 2021, 21:38
Zynerji wrote:

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/977450/1/ ... out-f1-car
Yeah, I read that, but also was listening to his actual comments during the broadcast. Again, his English diction is poor and you have to understand how different words flow out of him compared to when he speaks English vs when he speaks Japanese.

Sieper

godlameroso wrote:
08 May 2021, 20:31
Jolle wrote:
08 May 2021, 20:19
hasika wrote:
08 May 2021, 17:12
Not a perfect Saturday,but P2 is not bad.I am pretty sure that this year RB can fight for the Championship.
This is a track where Mercedes got all the last 8 year's pole position since 2013,its one of the strongest track for Mercedes we can say.
If RB can be so close here,then i think RB will have some advantage in other track,they will be very strong all the year.
So its still a acceptable result for me.
Fighting every weekend for the top spot is one thing, but we know that Mercedes and Hamilton have another trick up their sleeves: reliability.
Hmm, Verstappen's car has been faultless, aside from stuff he breaks on the bodywork, and a few niggles. There are still 3 engine updates, and although big changes are not , reliability improvements are still allowed.
Verstappen missed an entire FP2 in Imola, causing him to have missed a hot run, and it’s set up implications. There has Been an engine loosing power in Q2 already. Gearbox issues last race and in Bahrein. And I am forgetting stuff here as well. Perez had the car go Black on an outlap. Too much.
Last edited by Sieper on 08 May 2021, 21:53, edited 1 time in total.

Sieper

MKlaus wrote:
08 May 2021, 21:31
godlameroso wrote:
MKlaus wrote:
you need to look at the junior category performance for leclerc. besides leclerc always beat himself when he made mistakes, which is why he is what he is. by third race of 2018, leclerc started outqualifying ericsson and by forth race, he started ouracing too. it's not a good comparison. i doubt if yuki can replicate that. time will tell, but there is nothing that gives encouraging signs.
i don't have particular like or dislike for him, but i was puzzled by the hype given to him.
Gasly >>>> Ericsson

MKlaus

Sieper wrote:
08 May 2021, 21:51
MKlaus wrote:
08 May 2021, 21:31
godlameroso wrote:

Gasly >>>> Ericsson
ultimately, a driver's performance yardstick is his team mate. gasly being better than ericsson isn't going to change that for red bull. while gasly has definitely been performing well, the fact remains that he was lackluster when he was put in the red bull. so it's not such a big benchmark either.

Sieper

I do agree to that, although I have had PMs calling me a Gasly hater, so there is that. I am not by the way. Gasly his confidence is up again and he is reasonably quick. Qualy is part of his better points. Racecraft, dare, has improved too. But even last year he had poor races. Too poor to be in a top car and not get havocked by the press.

But still, he is way better than the kind, but out of his league imho, Ericsson and Leclerc always had a lot of support. A lot. Not to say he is not good, and Tsunoda now also has a backing (redbull wanting Honda to extend their efforts) but I do feel he is capable.

In race certainly so, qualy is proving tougher then expected. But that is also one of Gasly’s stronger points.

Tsunoda indeed has a big language barrière and seems more hotheaded then he looked in F2 with some surgical races.

But we are off topic. Sorry guys.

darkpino

Wouter wrote:
08 May 2021, 17:27
Juzh wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:41

Yeah 9 tenths is exaggerated simply down to having no banker lap makes you more cautious on your final one, but Perez was 0.75s behind in Q2 as well. Verstappen completely mopped the floor with him.
I think this car is in reality not that close to mercedes as how Verstappen makes it look like.
So you are saying that the Mercedes car is faster?
So when Max is only 0.036 sec behind Lewis in a slower car ---> Max is a better driver than Lewis this afternoon. :D
I personally think Max might be quicker over 1 lap (might be a better hotlapper?) but Lewis simply has a bunch of experience which makes him really hard to beat it it’s this close.

I still think Lewis is one if not the greatest of all time. But he gets older too, and Max is also a once in a lifetime talent imo