2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
McMika98

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Kingshark wrote:
10 May 2021, 04:36
There’s nothing wrong with Perez’s pace. He’s just up against a freakishly fast driver who is making the Red Bull look significantly better than it actually is.

It’s amazing how much teammates can alter the perception of a driver. I mean, just look at Gasly, a very good talent who’s reputation is permanently damaged from what Max did to him in 2019.
There is something fishy with the team. Its like they have he setup optimised around Max and will not give the second driver his setup preference. Look at Ricciardo in Mclaren they have been adjusting the car to his liking. Perez is given Maxs setup and told to make it work just like Albon and Gasly.

e30ernest

That's been bugging me too. It's either Max is that good, or the team isn't giving the #2 driver as much attention as they need.

I'm still on the fence on Perez though. He impressed last year, but before that, I found him to be pretty ordinary. But he is showing some flashes of speed again this year so maybe it can be sorted out if he can get the team behind him.

PlatinumZealot

Max brakes earlier than Perez too. Quite an unusual freaky azz sort of way to drive the car fast. No matter why Perez is confused.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

e30ernest

PlatinumZealot wrote:
10 May 2021, 07:24
Max brakes earlier than Perez too. Quite an unusual freaky azz sort of way to drive the car fast. No matter why Perez is confused.
Well you can be faster while braking earlier. I believe MSC also did that . You brake a bit earlier, get the car stabilized earlier in the corner so you can get on the power earlier as well.

Back when I did karts a friend of mine was pretty much that way. He'd brake earlier than I would but come out of the exit faster. Even as we moved to full-sized cars he was the same. I learned a lot watching his driving.

NL_Fer

Yeah powerunit is frozen for whole season. Than they bring one more update for 2022-2025

BrunoH

Perez is doing a great job, with a car that is fully made for Max for years... 5 place good positions finish so far... i wold say hes doing good! the car is just not that easy to drive and burn tires if driven flat out like max... he does need to step up a better qualy and thats it...

Bandit1216

What about then weather? Perhaps wishful thinking, but it might be RB does better when it get's warmer. Is the unusual cold weather in Europe helping merc at the moment?
Last edited by Bandit1216 on 10 May 2021, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
But just suppose it weren't hypothetical.

DChemTech

McMika98 wrote:
10 May 2021, 06:59
PlatinumZealot wrote:
10 May 2021, 04:24
He was as fast as Max at some points in the race. He overtook cars that Albon could only dream of. Perez is getting there man. Very soon too.
Please he was disappointing to say the least, he made 2 position at start and then struggled to get past Ricciardo who was a second slower.
Last year the Redbull would get mugged at start by likes of Mclaren and Renault. This year they have as good if not better launches than even Merc. Plus this years tyres are durable to follow, last year yiu could not follow around.
As for the idea that Redbull is slower than Merc, how do you have the same ultimate pace and yet be slower?
Because a race is more than one lap. Whether you have the faster car is not just about single-lap speed, it is also about constancy (in time, and with various conditions), and durability. For us mere humans, Usain Bolt has the ultimate 'one lap' pace - but it will get him nowhere in a marathon. So no, RB is not equal to Mercedes as a race car, and it probably hasn't been with the exception of Bahrain, no matter how much Toto likes to pretend they are at least equal.

_cerber1

Bandit1216 wrote:
10 May 2021, 09:02
What about then whether. Perhaps wishful thinking, but it might be RB does better when it get's warmer. Is the unusual cold weather in Europe helping merc at the moment?
MB has problems with rubber warming up, I think that cold asphalt only hurts them.

MKlaus

JordanMugen wrote:
10 May 2021, 03:43
Wouter wrote:
09 May 2021, 20:28
Checo brings his Bull back fifth in Spain.
DChemTech wrote:
09 May 2021, 22:15
Now I don't think Perez is doing great so far - but I don't think he is that bad.
Perez's driving has been very Gaslyesque or Albonesque so far. Unless he improves, I don't think Perez will be renewed at Red Bull for next season.

It's terribly confusing -- where is Perez's pace? :?:

It's four races in, will Perez find the pace soon? :?:

Perhaps Hulkenberg would have been a better choice, as his driving style might be more similar to Max?
red bull need another strong driver, not a no. 2. you can't have a driver past sell by date with poor qualifying skills to attack mercedes. but the problem is, established drivers doesn't want to pair with max because of red bull's overtly biased behavior towards max as we saw in ricciardo's case. they need to do some earth shaking job to pluck a high quality driver from the field. if perez doesn't yield results for the next 6 races of so, which i believe he won't, they should give a second chance to gasly by swapping them and give him some strong engineers and mechanics and pay close attention to his needs. gasly deserves a second chance with the kind of attitude he has shown since he was dropped from red bull.

Bill

if the the temperatures were higher as on friday practice the performance of the RbrHonda package would have been better why people think these is pu related is beyond me ,the track is just a series of corners .Max on 1st stint perfomed remarkably well but on hard tires he suffered it pretty obvious were problems are.the mode you qualifies with is the mode you race with so if you good over one lap you good over the entire race.

velizare

MKlaus wrote:
10 May 2021, 10:05
JordanMugen wrote:
10 May 2021, 03:43
Wouter wrote:
09 May 2021, 20:28
Checo brings his Bull back fifth in Spain.
DChemTech wrote:
09 May 2021, 22:15
Now I don't think Perez is doing great so far - but I don't think he is that bad.
Perez's driving has been very Gaslyesque or Albonesque so far. Unless he improves, I don't think Perez will be renewed at Red Bull for next season.

It's terribly confusing -- where is Perez's pace? :?:

It's four races in, will Perez find the pace soon? :?:

Perhaps Hulkenberg would have been a better choice, as his driving style might be more similar to Max?
red bull need another strong driver, not a no. 2. you can't have a driver past sell by date with poor qualifying skills to attack mercedes. but the problem is, established drivers doesn't want to pair with max because of red bull's overtly biased behavior towards max as we saw in ricciardo's case. they need to do some earth shaking job to pluck a high quality driver from the field. if perez doesn't yield results for the next 6 races of so, which i believe he won't, they should give a second chance to gasly by swapping them and give him some strong engineers and mechanics and pay close attention to his needs. gasly deserves a second chance with the kind of attitude he has shown since he was dropped from red bull.
but who? hamilton? leclerc? ricciardo? russell? names please.

restless

PlatinumZealot wrote:
10 May 2021, 04:24
He was as fast as Max at some points in the race. He overtook cars that Albon could only dream of. Perez is getting there man. Very soon too.
2020, first 4 races, Albon was 4-th,5, 8 and one DNF
So far Perez hass 5-th,11,4,5 ...
I'd say current results show that maybe Albon was not as bad as thought of... until in 2nd half he simply crumbled under the pressure. I expect that Perez won't crumble, but still...

Lock2nl

During the race Max told his crew how much more grip the Merc has. As I said in my last post, this is where Red Bull should concentrate on. If they can improve before mid season, there is a chance of an exiting second half of the season.

Zynerji

I couldn't help but think after the race that RBR would have been better off putting a pure rookie alongside Max this year. Yuki or even Mick could have been brought in, given Max's setup, and learned how to drive an F1 car that way to start. Instead they picked a driver based upon his style skills (tyre preservation, defensive driving), only to find that he loses almost all of those bonuses because he admittedly needs to "relearn" a new style.

Watching Mick outdrive that Haas makes me really wonder where he would be against Max in the RBR.