2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Schuttelberg

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Artur Craft wrote:
23 May 2021, 17:12
Can´t understand how Vettel got picked as the driver of the day, it surely must be Lewizita Hamiltin :lol:

Feel very gutted for Bottas, nobody deserves this despicable treatment. But I knew Mercedes would screw Valteri to gift the "GOAT" a position.

Really hope RB and Max become champions, if for anything, for not resorting to the kind of antics Mercedes does.
:roll:

Some respect? 7 times world champion and champions?
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Just_a_fan

Schuttelberg wrote:
23 May 2021, 17:37
Two poor races from Hamilton in five. It's fair to say that Verstappen is leading the championship in an inferior car. But, expect the narrative to remain that Mercedes is slower!
If that makes you feel good, ok. :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Restomaniac

proteus wrote:
23 May 2021, 17:10
Just_a_fan wrote:
23 May 2021, 16:51
Well that was as dull a F1 race as we have seen for some time. Even Brundle called it as such and he's usually effusive about Monaco being special.

Well done to Max taking the maximum advantage presented to him. Well done to Sainz giving the tifosi something to cheer about after the disappointment of Charles not starting. Brilliant by Norris to get a podium in the McLaren. Perez did his team proud after starting 9th on the grid. Aston Martin did a great job leap frogging Seb ahead of Gasly and Hamilton. Gasly did a solid job today. Hamilton had one of his rare off days, sweetened only a tiny bit by getting the fastest lap and a new lap record.
Well, to me all the overtakes on 1 mile straights are boring as well. Even if no particular overtaking took place today, atleast Monaco enabled more interesting development in overall standings and actually punishing Lewis for his bad performance yesterday, and putting Max back into the fight.
A race with no overtakes. Just wow. #-o

Just_a_fan

El Scorchio wrote:
23 May 2021, 17:38
A lot of ugliness and childishness coming out on the forum today. Very sad to see.
Yes. Schadenfreude at its worst.

MtthsMlw

Spacepace wrote:
23 May 2021, 17:29
MtthsMlw wrote:
23 May 2021, 17:14
https://i.imgur.com/Jae21Ca.png
What's the material of the outer & inner teeth of the wheel nut?
Probably some fancy aluminum

zibby43

Schuttelberg wrote:
Two poor races from Hamilton in five. It's fair to say that Verstappen is leading the championship in an inferior car. But, expect the narrative to remain that Mercedes is slower!
It’s abundantly clear that the RB was the much faster car around Monaco, given both Max’s and Perez’ pace

For some reason, some can’t understand the concept that the cars are genuinely close, and have their own strengths and weaknesses from circuit-to-circuit.

Spacepace

zibby43 wrote:
23 May 2021, 17:44
Schuttelberg wrote:
It’s abundantly clear that the RB was the much faster car around Monaco, given both Max’s and Perez’ pace

For some reason, some can’t understand the concept that the cars are genuinely close, and have their own strengths and weaknesses from circuit-to-circuit.
This

WaikeCU

Restomaniac wrote:
23 May 2021, 17:42
proteus wrote:
23 May 2021, 17:10
Just_a_fan wrote:
23 May 2021, 16:51
Well that was as dull a F1 race as we have seen for some time. Even Brundle called it as such and he's usually effusive about Monaco being special.

Well done to Max taking the maximum advantage presented to him. Well done to Sainz giving the tifosi something to cheer about after the disappointment of Charles not starting. Brilliant by Norris to get a podium in the McLaren. Perez did his team proud after starting 9th on the grid. Aston Martin did a great job leap frogging Seb ahead of Gasly and Hamilton. Gasly did a solid job today. Hamilton had one of his rare off days, sweetened only a tiny bit by getting the fastest lap and a new lap record.
Well, to me all the overtakes on 1 mile straights are boring as well. Even if no particular overtaking took place today, atleast Monaco enabled more interesting development in overall standings and actually punishing Lewis for his bad performance yesterday, and putting Max back into the fight.
A race with no overtakes. Just wow. #-o
What about Schumacher on Mazepin? :D

MKlaus

Just_a_fan wrote:
23 May 2021, 17:41
Schuttelberg wrote:
does the facts hurt? mercedes is obviously the fastest car (disrespectful to say otherwise to the great job by the guys st factory), where the star driver has underperformed a couple of times so far.

SmallSoldier

Restomaniac wrote:
Spacepace wrote:
23 May 2021, 16:58
We need Monaco on the calendar for reasons as what it did to the championship today. It throws a wrench in things and makes things interesting. I get it that the race is not full of action but I always thoroughly enjoy qualifying. And the weekend is never short of drama
No we don’t it’s nothing but a snore fest. It’s the only race I don’t watch until the end because it sends me to sleep.
Luckily for you, you have 22 other races to enjoy :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just_a_fan

For those that didn't see it thanks to the TV director, here's one view of the Gasly / Vettel fight:

They were pretty close to showering Hamilton with carbon fibre! Great driving by both.

Tommy Cookers

El Scorchio wrote:
23 May 2021, 17:23
Artur Craft wrote:
23 May 2021, 17:12
..... I knew Mercedes would screw Valteri to gift the "GOAT" a position......
Yes. Mercedes denied themselves 18 WCC points on purpose...
What a ridiculous thing to say!
well snoozing by the radio I thought at the time ......
it seemed that LH might be 3rd or 4th (if VB remained untroubled) ..... and therefore .....
a small impediment to VB would gain LH about as many points as it cost VB

ask Mr Coulthard about being forced to twice use a defective refueling rig so giving Mr Hakkinen DC's Monaco win
same argument (though iirc DC was leading the WDC at the time)

godlameroso

MtthsMlw wrote:
23 May 2021, 17:14
https://i.imgur.com/Jae21Ca.png
Saishū kōnā

Just_a_fan

MKlaus wrote:
23 May 2021, 17:46
Just_a_fan wrote:
23 May 2021, 17:41
Schuttelberg wrote:
does the facts hurt? mercedes is obviously the fastest car (disrespectful to say otherwise to the great job by the guys st factory), where the star driver has underperformed a couple of times so far.
Hamilton didn't get the job done yesterday. So what? That doesn't suddenly make the car "obviously faster" unless, of course, it fits your hate narrative. But that's your problem, no one elses. :wink:

RedNEO

“Any lessons to learn?” “For me personally, no! The team, for sure.”

Guess the “we win and lose together” line has been dropped
Last edited by RedNEO on 23 May 2021, 18:11, edited 3 times in total.