2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
godlameroso

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

PlatinumZealot wrote:
23 May 2021, 19:33
godlameroso wrote:
23 May 2021, 19:26
PlatinumZealot wrote:
23 May 2021, 18:44

Cars cant follow.
F1 should ban front wings and bargeboards for monaco. That might fix the cars cant follow problem.

Almost purely ground effect and tyre grip.
That's jumping to conclusions, I remain it's the speed of the cars and the track being too narrow, and there's no possibility for additional lines. I hope to be proven right when we go race in Australia later this year, the new track modifications are centered around helping cars follow and using different lines.
Hold up. Did you read what I said? :?: it solves all that.
It could, but it would be an even duller show if it don't.
Saishū kōnā

proteus

Restomaniac wrote:
23 May 2021, 18:22
proteus wrote:
23 May 2021, 18:12
Restomaniac wrote:
23 May 2021, 18:02
Why can’t we have 23?

That snoozefest in on the Calendar for $$$$$$$$ it’s certainly not for racing ideals.
It is a legendary track. Even if it is a snoozefest, it has its place on the calendar. What you are saying is like someone would say that Ferrari should be thrown out or quit, because they are not winning races... Let it go, even if it was boring to watch, the race itself atleast made the championship interesting. It is one race of many in the calendar.
No it really doesn’t have a place in F1 in 2021. 2M wide cars on that track isn’t a race it’s a procession. It’s pointless and an utter waste of a race weekend when we could be at a track where racing can actually take place.

Christ a car with broken engine can win it. I’ve literally seen more overtakes in a traffic jam. #-o
You write it like there werent 2m wide cars there in the past #-o ...You will have your mind blown in Baku, when there will be DRS overtakings on that 2km long straight. Your heart will pump dramatically for whole 90 minutes.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Schuttelberg

All that talk and mind games. Seems to me like Max is getting to Lewis!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

TimW

Schuttelberg wrote:
23 May 2021, 19:43
Yes I feel like Lewis has got something to prove.

godlameroso

Unf wrote:
23 May 2021, 19:39
Schuttelberg wrote:
23 May 2021, 19:32

Let's just assume it was all Mercedes but I think Lewis needs to be a bit more respectful towards his team. They've given him a mega car for 8 seasons.
Nah. Let him show his real face, not fancy smiley when everything goes nice and easy.
A little banter is one thing, but let's keep things respectful, it's understood that pressure and conflict are not easy to deal with, for anyone. It's even harder if that conflict and pressure is new to you. So we can banter and joke, and take jabs at each other, but leave the drivers out of this, or their beliefs. We can all have fun and still have a good time as long as we are respectful of each other. It's just a game at the end of it all, we fans don't have any stake in this, unless you're betting money, and that's still a personal decision, no one forced you to do.
Saishū kōnā

V12-POWER

Unf wrote:
23 May 2021, 19:39
Schuttelberg wrote:

Let's just assume it was all Mercedes but I think Lewis needs to be a bit more respectful towards his team. They've given him a mega car for 8 seasons.
Nah. Let him show his real face, not fancy smiley when everything goes nice and easy.
the guy has always been like this, plays the role of a priest when he wins then at the slightest problem throws everything and everyone under the bus.

i guess he didn’t gather enough “blessings” and “energy” from his fans today lmao

yet it’s still better than bottas who gets awfully screwed up race by race and never calls out his team

proteus

Unf wrote:
23 May 2021, 18:25
proteus wrote:
23 May 2021, 18:14
Mercedes has the power advantage
Evidence?
Last 7 seasons, and a massive headstart advantage they had in 2014. Now if they completely forgot how to make engines, then they were overtaken, but somehow i refuse to believe that. They are still ahead of the field, but by a smaller margin. And the real question is how much are they holding the beast back for reliability. In the second half of the season they will drive away with both titles, remember that.

proteus

proteus wrote:
23 May 2021, 19:42
Restomaniac wrote:
23 May 2021, 18:22
proteus wrote:
23 May 2021, 18:12

It is a legendary track. Even if it is a snoozefest, it has its place on the calendar. What you are saying is like someone would say that Ferrari should be thrown out or quit, because they are not winning races... Let it go, even if it was boring to watch, the race itself atleast made the championship interesting. It is one race of many in the calendar.
No it really doesn’t have a place in F1 in 2021. 2M wide cars on that track isn’t a race it’s a procession. It’s pointless and an utter waste of a race weekend when we could be at a track where racing can actually take place.

Christ a car with broken engine can win it. I’ve literally seen more overtakes in a traffic jam. #-o
You write it like there werent 2m wide cars there in the past #-o ...You will have your mind blown in Baku, when there will be DRS overtakings on that 2km long straight. Your heart will pump dramatically for whole 90 minutes.
The problem is with cars being 6 metres long and weighing almost 900kg when fully loaded. Thats the problem.

And about how impossible it is:

SiLo

Schuttelberg wrote:
If Lewis wins the next few races this will all be forgotten about. Annual terrible Merc race is out of the way.
Felipe Baby!

MKlaus

Schuttelberg wrote:

wow. he has been shouting on radio and now this! is he planning to leave?

MKlaus

TimW wrote:
23 May 2021, 19:38
Schuttelberg wrote:

[troll mode] 8? They surely messed up the 2016 season for him....[/troll mode off]
if only he would have learnt how to manage his race starts, after FIA banned double clutch! didn't bin it in spain, baku and kept his head together in singapore and japan.

Jolle

If you loose 2-3 places due to strategy calls, yes, you can criticise them, especially when you’re the biggest team. Plus, it’s not the first time they effed up Monaco.

TimW

Jolle wrote:
23 May 2021, 20:46
If you loose 2-3 places due to strategy calls, yes, you can criticise them, especially when you’re the biggest team. Plus, it’s not the first time they effed up Monaco.
True, but if you qualify 7th when your teammate is in contention for pole, a bit of self criticism would be appropriate as well.
But with many drivers on the grid self criticism always comes a bit later. Somehow being a top driver requires a level of self confidence that makes them not immediately see their own mistakes.

matt_b

Schuttelberg wrote:
Looks to me that Lewis is has already broken Max who can only win when Lewis is out of contention for the win like Imola and Monaco but when Lewis is up there he crumbles like in Bahrain, Portugal Spain then blames the car not being fast enough when we all know its the best out there :lol:

SirBastianVettel

SiLo wrote:
23 May 2021, 19:59
Schuttelberg wrote:
If Lewis wins the next few races this will all be forgotten about. Annual terrible Merc race is out of the way.
I wouldn't be so sure about that, I don't think Netflix has been filming with Mercedes yet...