2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 20 - 23

Yeah. Norris was like why wont you let me shine my dude?!! GTFO!! haha

Sainz is a great, he does that Alonso tricks but with a smile. haha
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Manoah2u

What i think was most interesting about that is that i feel like Lando isn't as 'confident' as he acts to be.
He has recently not been making too many friends with his comments on Daniel. That discussion aside, he's trying to make a point somehow.
I don't know when he lapped Daniel what that gesture meant. It looks to me like a bit of a low 'below the belt' d*ck move.
Norris hasn't been proving to be a character that feels and genuinly cares for anybody but himself, so i very much doubt he was 'greeting' Daniel in a way that he felt sorry for him.

So it's especially interesting to see Carlos, who raced alongside him, asserting his dominance on him and p*ssing on his parade.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Hoffman900

I think people are reading wayyyyy too into the Lando / Ricciardo wave. What’s Lando to do, don’t wave “see you sucker” or wave “thanks for getting out of the way man, sorry you’re having a bad race” which the F1 tabloids turn into somethint sinister?

Mansell’s radio by all accounts would be insufferable. :lol:

The fire in Carlos is great. Finally seeing him mature into someone who wants / knows he can win.
Last edited by Hoffman900 on 26 May 2021, 15:44, edited 1 time in total.

El Scorchio

Manoah2u wrote:
26 May 2021, 15:37
What i think was most interesting about that is that i feel like Lando isn't as 'confident' as he acts to be.
He has recently not been making too many friends with his comments on Daniel. That discussion aside, he's trying to make a point somehow.
I don't know when he lapped Daniel what that gesture meant. It looks to me like a bit of a low 'below the belt' d*ck move.
Norris hasn't been proving to be a character that feels and genuinly cares for anybody but himself, so i very much doubt he was 'greeting' Daniel in a way that he felt sorry for him.

So it's especially interesting to see Carlos, who raced alongside him, asserting his dominance on him and p*ssing on his parade.
Or more likely just 'thanks for letting me by easily, seen as I'm in a bit of a struggle for a podium here'

Sieper

I too don’t see any malice there. None. Lando means It well, I am sure.

RZS10

He (and some other drivers) have been 'greeting' each other on track like that for some time now ... jfc

Manoah2u

ok thanks, i had a colleague who thought otherwise so i started wondering
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Sieper

I can see why your colleague started to wonder, you have to be a bit carefull with these waves. It is easy to search something not nice behind them, but for Lando I have no doubt it was meant in a good way. That is what happens in f1, pretty soon they learn to not say or do much at all. Those youngsters 😄

Jolle

These new wave of drivers are quite friendly towards each other. While on track and they get blocked it’s still “what is this idiot doing”, but out of the car they seem to be genuinely friendly towards each other (online racing, making fun of each other on social media etc etc). Lot less tense then a few years ago. Like they know they are in the worlds best playground 😂.

El Scorchio

It's all a lot more cordial and a far cry from this (which was fully deserved at the time IMO)

Tizz

jjn9128 wrote:
24 May 2021, 12:35
Tizz wrote:
24 May 2021, 12:18
jjn9128 wrote:
24 May 2021, 11:56

It’s telling that Hamilton and Verstappen are more convivial with one another than fans of Hamilton and Verstappen. Add Vettel in there too.
I'm not so sure. Hamilton already started trashtalk so the gloves are off. That was how it started between Hammi and Rosberg, was it not ?
I think that started because Hamilton had a chip in his shoulder about Rosberg growing up in Monaco while he was in the Stevenage slums 😂
And just as you discuss it...
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rosb ... g/4796410/

PlatinumZealot

The Silver war started at this point.

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Hoffman900

PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 May 2021, 18:49
The Silver war started at this point.

https://youtu.be/h3v1dHzFqGg
I feel like the Senna / Prost breakdown happened over much less. I think my comments would be more in line with Lewis if I was in the same position.

Sieper

That move by Rosberg was a very clear reason why we need the indycar rule. And not just for redflag. Also for yellow flag íf you cost an opponent their chance.

sosic2121

PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 May 2021, 13:18
That's formula 1. The greats deserve the best cars. In feudal Japan only the best swords found the best samurai. Imagine a weak Samurai with a great sword? That sword would be snatched from him in no time! This is also why Lewis' long tenure of 9 years in that Mercedes seat, like a king holding his throne, is also a testament to greatness. George, Carlos, Leclerc, Lando and Max can only dream of ever displacing Lewis there. Lewis has to either become senile (in driving terms) or retire from the seat. The team loves him and want him there.
He's in a dominate car by pure luck and because Dietrich awarded Webber with on more year