2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wowgr8

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Any F1TV user here? Can someone please check Perez radio on his way to the grid for his start from pole? Apparently he was told to avoid weaving and burnouts and that affected his start, can someone confirm? And aren't commands on the recon/formation lap illegal?

Datco

Well done to Perez. He did a great job keeping the merc behind. Once again merc was mega in the slip stream even without DRS. He did just enough on the twisty bits. One mistake and the merc would have had him. Too bad about Max, at least he is OK and still leading the championship. Lewis is under pressure now and mistakes are showing.

ispano6

Quote from Horner:
...Congratulations and a big thank you must also go to all our partners, especially Mobil 1 who provided us with an upgraded engine oil for this weekend which just shows how hard all areas of our Team are pushing in this championship fight.
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/redbullr ... =BakuRace/?

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

i70q7m7ghw

hollus wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 00:13
Wrong thread. Not here please.
Which thread then!?

DChemTech

Datco wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 02:45
Well done to Perez. He did a great job keeping the merc behind. Once again merc was mega in the slip stream even without DRS. He did just enough on the twisty bits. One mistake and the merc would have had him. Too bad about Max, at least he is OK and still leading the championship. Lewis is under pressure now and mistakes are showing.
Absolutely. 10/10 performance from Checo. Initially I wanted to rate it 9.5/10 due to the poor restart, but realizing that was hampered by not being able to heat up the tires/brakes properly due to the worries regarding failure, I can't really put that on him.

Juzh

wowgr8 wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 00:33
Any F1TV user here? Can someone please check Perez radio on his way to the grid for his start from pole? Apparently he was told to avoid weaving and burnouts and that affected his start, can someone confirm? And aren't commands on the recon/formation lap illegal?
I haven't checked but they'd surely tell him this already under red flag, due to reasons you already stated. I'll get back to you.

Bill

yesterday race was the most convincing since Honda and Rbr joined partnership ,Mercedes came to the race armed to the teeth with brand new pu new regulation to clampdown on flexy wing yet lap after lap lewis couldn't pass perez despite drs low drag car and the longest straight on f1 calendar.if that performance does not convince that Honda sit at peak of pu summit nothing will.

Fia should have redflag stroll crash and properly clean track the team would have extended lead in both champ

Sieper

Then nothing will. Look, redbull got away in S2, each time. And just out of DRS. They are close but which is best I can’t say.

We saw a lot of regen light flickering so here the Honda electric system could load up nicely. It is also there were Merc has the advantage according to Honda themselve, Merc has better recovery. Mitigated on this stop and go track. Enough opportunity to reload. What if Merc uses PU capacity to generate electric power? Where is that advantage coming from?

Juzh

OK I checked, Perez was in fact instructed under red flags to perform 4 burnouts which he then did. He did them completely in a straight line that's why it looked like he did none when approaching his grid spot.

https://streamable.com/q490gc

Curbstone

Perez was actually a bit lucky he had such a bad start to end up behind Lewis instead of besides or in front. Ortherwise he would have been punted off by Lewis, or at least had to take evasive actions to avoid Lewis, compromising his corner and probably losing one or two positions.
Other than that error, he drove a rock solid race, I guess he was right he needed 5 races to get up to speed.

Sieper

He's always been good around here. His qualy was a bit down the grid (but also not helped by his track position and the fact max crashed the wing) and he got lucky with the Norris penalty. Oherwise indeed a good race (bar that restart, but that was a crucial thing to get right too). Lets see how he goes next race.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

wowgr8

Juzh wrote:
07 Jun 2021, 13:07
OK I checked, Perez was in fact instructed under red flags to perform 4 burnouts which he then did. He did them completely in a straight line that's why it looked like he did none when approaching his grid spot.

https://streamable.com/q490gc
Thank you. So no excuse for the poor start

Sieper

He seemed to misjudge the clutch on initial get away. Or can hydraulics play a role there already? Something that can still happen on a sixth race in a new ecosystem.