2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

The Power of Dreams!

PlatinumZealot

An easy pole. Stroll in the park. Congrats one the pole. And likely the win too.
It's easy to beat a car that hasn't been developed (about half a second down in developments if we go by the mumber of races 2sec a year).
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

101FlyingDutchman

PlatinumZealot wrote: โ†‘
26 Jun 2021, 22:58
An easy pole. Stroll in the park. Congrats one the pole. And likely the win too.
It's easy to beat a car that hasn't been developed (about half a second down in developments if we go by the mumber of races 2sec a year).
Are you just trying to wind people up with these sort of postings. Please PZ, youโ€™re letting yourself down

PlatinumZealot

The car is well devleloped. Those shark teeth used to be a thing in 2009 but I have never seen any so fine and on each layer of the diffuser. Quite impressive. =D>

Nicely developed car. Newey seems to be back in his stride.

The only gripe I have is that the car is not easy to drive if you are not Max.

PlatinumZealot

Pyrone89 wrote: โ†‘
27 Jun 2021, 00:42
101FlyingDutchman wrote: โ†‘
27 Jun 2021, 00:17
Are you just trying to wind people up with these sort of postings. Please PZ, youโ€™re letting yourself down
Ignore him. He is sour his favorite (the OG in his signature stands for octogod, he is already counting an 8th HAMโ€™s WDC) cannot do his usual thing in a way overpowered car relative to the competition like the last 7 years. He even said earlier this year Ham deserves more easy years (the guy who has had it easy for 7 years) and not a strong team mate (check the silly season topic).
The OG means "Old Gonsta" now. No more Octo-God because I don't believe thats happening anymore. Too much crow to eat with that one isn't it?

McMika98

27 Jun 2021, 02:46
The car is well devleloped. Those shark teeth used to be a thing in 2009 but I have never seen any so fine and on each layer of the diffuser. Quite impressive. =D>

Nicely developed car. Newey seems to be back in his stride.

The only gripe I have is that the car is not easy to drive if you are not Max.
Nah, not only is the car very good, the engine is now up there and arguably better. Plus the car is easy to drive compared to the Mercedes and they have the best race pace.

Roles reversal now. Hamilton crying about engine power for the last three races. LMFAO, now he feels tha pain Bulls have felt for 5 years and more.

etusch

27 Jun 2021, 00:42
101FlyingDutchman wrote: โ†‘
27 Jun 2021, 00:17
Ignore him. He is sour his favorite (the OG in his signature stands for octogod, he is already counting an 8th HAMโ€™s WDC) cannot do his usual thing in a way overpowered car relative to the competition like the last 7 years. He even said earlier this year Ham deserves more easy years (the guy who has had it easy for 7 years) and not a strong team mate (check the silly season topic).
because they knew ham is not the guy who can survive in close competition conditions

Wouter

To watch the interview Will Buxton had with Max, click on the link in the video (F1 content).

The Power of Dreams!

Pyrone89

Fear an Hamilton win incoming, something is gonna happen to disadvantage Max I feel. Letโ€™s hope I am wrong
True GOATs donโ€™t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Big Tea

27 Jun 2021, 14:29
Fear an Hamilton win incoming, something is gonna happen to disadvantage Max I feel. Letโ€™s hope I am wrong
It is unusual for even a dominant car to win 3 on the bounce, so averages would suggest you are right.
However, I still think it will be Max by a whisker
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Juzh

Verstappen destroying opposition today, but red bull again threw away points they shouldn't have to. Botched pitstop for perez and then decided on 2 stopper a few laps too late. Like wtf?

Ryar

What a good race! Well controlled there by Max. Feel gutted for Checo.
Hakuna Matata!

lio007

I don't know what to think about the "lost" points with Checo in 4th, but Toto said a few moments ago on ServusTV that they have stopped development. So maybe it's no poblem to lose some points, because Merc won't catch up. But I stil can't believe there will be no single update on the W12 this year.
It's kind of 2013: Red Bull develops very far into the season which may affect next years car. I hope they don't make the same mistake as in 2013 and then need again 7 years to be on par with Mercedes. Although back in 2014 and the following years it was not all down to the chassis, as we know.

Sieper

Many of you will probably know I often fear potentials dangers. But I have no fear redbull will not do everything to have a good car next year. They will be there. But letโ€™s first see how this year goes. It is really on now!

Ryar

lio007 wrote: โ†‘
27 Jun 2021, 17:11
I don't know what to think about the "lost" points with Checo in 4th, but Toto said a few moments ago on ServusTV that they have stopped development. So maybe it's no poblem to lose some points, because Merc won't catch up. But I stil can't believe there will be no single update on the W12 this year.
It's kind of 2013: Red Bull develops very far into the season which may affect next years car. I hope they don't make the same mistake as in 2013 and then need again 7 years to be on par with Mercedes. Although back in 2014 and the following years it was not all down to the chassis, as we know.
There is no guarantee that, just because someone started early, will surely end up being ahead for a very long time. Barring one time that Mercedes made it big with 2014 regulations, they didn't do anything great in 2017 when regulations changed big time, despite having had a dominant car in 2016 and started work on 2017 before anyone else other than Ferrari. Both Ferrari and Mercedes came out on par. Look at what is going with 2021 for them, despite having started the development way earlier than any other team.

With cost caps in place, nobody can go on development rampage by throwing billions at it to gain huge margin over others, like in the past. The most important thing to make it big in a new set of regulations, is to have a well thought out philosophy of the car. If this year's floor regulations have hurt Mercedes philosophy, then next year's design would be even big a problem with such a big change in regulations. Without the ability to spend hundreds of millions, Mercedes has struggled to bring developments. So there is no guarantee they would make it big next year with such stringent budget restrictions.

Mercedes' biggest advantage was a huge margin they had in PU, which helped them so far. For 2022, that element is out of question for the next few years and even if a team like Red Bull or Ferrari start behind on the chassis deficit, they can catch up if they do a better job of in-season development (assuming the PUs remain on par). So, it's a myth to say, if someone gets it wrong for 2022, it definitely takes 7 years to catchup.
Hakuna Matata!