2021 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, July 02 - 04

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Espresso
Espresso

Re: 2021 Austrian Grand Prix - Spielberg, July 02 - 04

Just my 2cents....when the refs decide the outcome of the race F1 is totally F*** Up.

They would give penalties for deliberate slow driving during qualifying....
...Well snails would go faster then loads of cars.....penalties for slow driving ZERO
...Racing....few cars in the gravel....PENALTIES....

...sorry had to get that of my chest....stupid decision making....totally not consistent....

either punish it all -or- punish none....just not how you feel at the moment....
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

darkpino
darkpino

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 16:34
dans79 wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 16:18
aMessageToCharlie wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 09:31

Ah, come on! :lol: You really have to keep throwing bait like that, dont you? And then call people haters if they disagree.

Ask Albon, Rosberg and Massa how impeccible HAM's wheel to wheel fighting skills are! :wink:
And you're not any different with your constant snide remarks!
Sure, you're right in the sense that I could just have a chuckle in private and ignore the post.

But imo if people are voicing strong opinions or even marking them as facts as in this case, it's fair game to call them out and provide some evidence to challenge that.

This not throwing dirt at a driver out of the blue. It's a reaction to an imo unreasonable claim.

We have a saying that goes like:
If the reasonable ones always yield, then the... less reasonable ones will rule the world.
With all due respect sir, if you can only come up with 3 drivers in 275 races I think we can conclude that Hamilton (at least on track) is a pretty safe and clean racer

etusch

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 09:31
ringo wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 07:35
You seem to be on a mission to render the guy as just average. lol
How many hundreds of races has He participated in and how many cars has he defended against cleanly?
Cleanest driver in the industry undisputedly.
Ah, come on! :lol: You really have to keep throwing bait like that, dont you? And then call people haters if they disagree.

Ask Albon, Rosberg and Massa how impeccible HAM's wheel to wheel fighting skills are! :wink:
I want to add here Raikkonen.

dans79

ispano6 wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 22:29
Some of his fans will turn a blind eye to his offenses when there are clear examples of him ruining people's races

You mean something like this?

197 104 103 7

sosic2121
sosic2121

darkpino wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 23:11
aMessageToCharlie wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 16:34
dans79 wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 16:18

And you're not any different with your constant snide remarks!
Sure, you're right in the sense that I could just have a chuckle in private and ignore the post.

But imo if people are voicing strong opinions or even marking them as facts as in this case, it's fair game to call them out and provide some evidence to challenge that.

This not throwing dirt at a driver out of the blue. It's a reaction to an imo unreasonable claim.

We have a saying that goes like:
If the reasonable ones always yield, then the... less reasonable ones will rule the world.
With all due respect sir, if you can only come up with 3 drivers in 275 races I think we can conclude that Hamilton (at least on track) is a pretty safe and clean racer
those are only the ones he mentioned that had multiple situations with cleanest driver in the industry. there are many more...

ringo

dans79 wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 00:00
ispano6 wrote:
Some of his fans will turn a blind eye to his offenses when there are clear examples of him ruining people's races

No something like this:
[media] [/media]
:mrgreen: squeaky clean!
For Sure!!

cooken
cooken

Well this is constructive.

langedweil

Zynerji wrote:
05 Jul 2021, 15:25

PS: For those with F1TV, its 2011 Monza @ 17 minute...
👊🏻🤟🏻
Easy find this way !
Insane he got penalized .. balls of steel

*edit*
It indeed seems there was no penalty at all ?
HuggaWugga !

cooken
cooken

Let's try getting back on topic (weird I know).

Not that I agree completely, I don't much care for this "owning the corner" business as it does get abused.

ispano6

dans79 wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

What? This is not Hamilton? Why bring up a video of someone else? This is pretty weak evidence of Hamilton being squeaky clean. Albon said it best after turn 4, "Sore Loser"!

ispano6

ringo wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 01:21
dans79 wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

No something like this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zkUVOvU7M20
How typical to try to defend Hamilton using footage of other people's mistakes. This is the behavior we've come to expect.

Ryar

ispano6 wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 06:08
ringo wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 01:21
dans79 wrote:

No something like this:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zkUVOvU7M20
How typical to try to defend Hamilton using footage of other people's mistakes. This is the behavior we've come to expect.
2011 season is my favorite season of close on track battles. Highly crafty defending and attacking. :wink:
Hakuna Matata!

Andres125sx

I´m sick with current trend assuming if you´re at the outside you can be pushed out of track :shock: :evil:

I understand that´s what drivers must do now, as that´s what FIA is pushing them to do with their penalties or lack of penalties, but that´s exactly what I hate.

If that´s the correct thing to do, then say goodbye to passes from the outside. Who will pass at the outside if driver at the inside is allowed to go wide pushing the car at the outside out of track?

That is not racing, pushing someone out of track should be punished always. FIA is pushing drivers to push other drivers out of track. Now they´ve changed the trend punishing Lando and Perez. Great! Not too fair for them as many drivers were never punished for the same, but if that´s a trend change, I´m glad for it!

sosic2121
sosic2121

Andres125sx wrote:
06 Jul 2021, 08:07
I´m sick with current trend assuming if you´re at the outside you can be pushed out of track :shock: :evil:

I understand that´s what drivers must do now, as that´s what FIA is pushing them to do with their penalties or lack of penalties, but that´s exactly what I hate.

If that´s the correct thing to do, then say goodbye to passes from the outside. Who will pass at the outside if driver at the inside is allowed to go wide pushing the car at the outside out of track?

That is not racing, pushing someone out of track should be punished always. FIA is pushing drivers to push other drivers out of track. Now they´ve changed the trend punishing Lando and Perez. Great! Not too fair for them as many drivers were never punished for the same, but if that´s a trend change, I´m glad for it!
+1

I only hope they will continue with penalties no matter who's the driver.

e30ernest
e30ernest

I think there needs to be a distinction here:

1. If the driver on the inside is ahead, he/she dictates the racing line so he/she can take the racing line even if it means closing the door on the driver who is outside.
2. If the driver on the outside is ahead, he/she dictates the racing line so he/she can hold his/her ground on the outside and force the driver in the inner lane to take a tighter, slower line.

I think the grey area here is where do you check who's ahead. Is it under braking? Is it at the apex? is it on exit? My personal view here as both someone who used to kart and drive some circuit races is to count it from the apex.

So going back, Lewis absolutely deserved the penalty when he hit Albon, because Albon was ahead already. In the case of Lando vs Sergio, I think Lando was ahead on the apex so he should have not been penalized IMO.

This no different to Max vs Charles on turn 3 at this same track. Max dove in the inside and took the apex ahead of Charles, so he dictated the exit and drove Charles off the track.

Me personally, I do not think it is always fair to penalize the driver for taking the inner (racing) line. If the FIA will always penalize the driver on the inside for taking the racing line even if he is ahead by the apex, then any driver can force the driver on the racing line to take a tighter and slower line out. I think that would be unfair as well.