2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wowgr8

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

All I ask in Hungary is that both drivers qualify well. Not one in P4 the other P9 and such which happens so often. Same in the race. P2 P6

z.topoln

wowgr8 wrote:All I ask in Hungary is that both drivers qualify well. Not one in P4 the other P9 and such which happens so often. Same in the race. P2 P6
Hey, Carlos did great considering the weekend he had.

Sent from my Mi Note 10 using Tapatalk

Juzh

codetower wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:51
How was HAM able to pull out THAT much more pace in the final 12 laps when the rest of the race, including BOT for ALL of the race was pretty consistent? It wasn’t .3, .4 seconds per lap… it was almost a full second. Thats huge.
Bottas is just useless and should never be used to as a measuring stick of any kind. The guy got beat by ferrari that was 8 tenths off the pace in qualifying, should have been beaten by 1 mclaren with a clean stop and would have to fend off another ferrari (also without a bocthed pitstop).

If you take quali gap between hamilton to leclerc and compare it to those last 12 laps you'll see Hamilton's closing speed was almost completely aligned with it. There was no magic or anything, Leclerc did his best but mercedes is simply too fast. If he didn't make mistake in copse by running wide Hamilton gets him down the hangar straight or in the next lap.
What they should maybe to is just push flat out from the start and build a bigger gap to hamilton before he makes it pass bottas. Then they'd have some margin to work with. Easy to say that now though.

Andres125sx

thetruth wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 13:17
Andres125sx wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 12:50
Carl Mccoy wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:15
Great race by Ferrari. I don't expect such good pace. Charles is best thing happen to Ferrari since Michael.
When he wins a title for Ferrari I could agree. Meanwhile Alonso did much more for Ferrari than Charles has done yet (fighting for titles with an inferior car)

But I agree he´s one of those special drivers who can do things wich didn´t look possible
I didn’t remember Alonso won the WDC with the Ferrari F14T 😅
Did you try finishing the paragraph?
Meanwhile Alonso did much more for Ferrari than Charles has done yet (fighting for titles with an inferior car)
He fought 2010 and 2012 titles until last GP despite his inferior car, something Charles didn´t do yet. Actually not even Vettel did it despite he drive a much better car, so no, Charles still has a lot to prove in Ferrari
:roll:

I´m sure he´ll do it, IMO he´s part of the Hamilton/Alonso/Verstappen league of special drivers, but didn´t prove it yet apart from some sporadic races

Schippke

Bit late to this party. :lol:

Personal Opinion; Charles was a bit robbed of that victory due to the not-so-harsh penalty Lewis received, but that's for another forum. Pace wise, he was exceptional, getting everything out of the SF21 for what it was worth. I honestly thought during the race that the McLarens would be more of a hassle to him but not so... with the exception of Lewis in the Mercedes (and I'd say Max if he didn't retire), he was the 2nd/3rd fastest driver; Even more impressive when you consider the fact he was nursing Engine Mapping issues (there was a few onboards where he was holding 7th instead of shifting to 8th and a few laps he entered/accelerated out of Turn 3 and 4... IN 4TH GEAR! :shock:).

Adding to that, as someone mentioned previously... when Carlos was in clear air, he was the fastest man on track period, despite running Old Mediums... was warming see a Ferrari 1,2 briefly! Regardless of those who had pitted or what not, that is eye-opening not just to him, but how strong the Ferrari was on Mediums. In saying that, I think the highest he would've achieved would've been 5th, as he was going to come out behind Norris and judging by how hard it was to pass Ricciardo in that slippery McLaren, he would've faced a similar dilemma when catching-up to Norris.

What will interest me now, is how Ferrari goes in Budapest... last time we had a relatively slow-speed track or slow corners, they were very strong... I'm not expecting a Monaco styled performance, but a good bet for the 3rd fastest car that weekend... might be able to put a Bottas or a Perez under some pressure.

It's a bit of a pity that Singapore has been taken off the Calendar now; If Monaco was anything to go by, they might've just been the favourites for Pole and a Win...

godlameroso

It was almost beautiful seeing that Ferrari truly on the pace on such a demanding track as Silverstone. The medium tire that worked so well is the hard in the next round, and the car has good handling. Engine power counts less so there is a nice opportunity for Ferrari in Hungary. May even give the Red Bull a run for their money.
Saishū kōnā

F1NAC

New sponsor deal? :D

JPower

Looks like both drivers were at Fiorano yesterday.

I wonder if they're doing any work to help correlate with the new simulator.

JPower

On Hungary:

Charles
It’s good to be optimistic, I think we all want to be optimists after such a good performance in the last three races. On the other hand, we also need to be realistic. It’s good and we are in a good mood but I feel like going for the win in Budapest might be a bit optimistic.”

“Realistically, I think I would be happy if we are just behind the two top teams.” – he added.
Carlos
Budapest recently has become actually a medium to high speed track in these cars. If you look at Monaco and Baku, there are second and third gear corners. Budapest nowadays with these crazily high downforce cars, you have a middle sector that you are in fourth, fifth gear all the time. So it’s not a pure low-speed track anymore like it used to be in the past. And I don’t think it’s going to be such a good track for us. I do think that it's a great opportunity to be right behind Red Bull and Mercedes, but downforce is still king and we see from data that these guys are still ahead.“

JPBD1990

I am hoping that they’re just downplaying expectations and secretly hope/aim to surprise.

While I agree with what Carlos is saying, it is still undeniably true that cars with high downforce and good mechanical grip do well here - EG redbull in recent history, Ferrari in 2017, etc.

Having said that, I will also be thrilled with a podium so am trying to keep hopes low so I can have fun and be surprised.

JPower

With all the Mercedes/Red Bull drama, this might be the quietest Ferrari season I can remember both on and off track. I imagine Binotto is perfectly fine with that. :D

Jolle

JPower wrote:
29 Jul 2021, 22:36
With all the Mercedes/Red Bull drama, this might be the quietest Ferrari season I can remember both on and off track. I imagine Binotto is perfectly fine with that. :D
Bit like the "good old days" when Williams and McLaren fought it out over a decade. Alesi and Berger ready to pick up the few pieces :D

JPower

Pretty uneventful Friday. Haven't seen the official numbers but from what I was seeing, the long runs looked OK.

I've given up trying to predict at what tracks this car will perform at. At this rate, wouldn't be surprised if it went really well at Spa and Monza lol

ryaan2904

JPower wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 16:42
Pretty uneventful Friday. Haven't seen the official numbers but from what I was seeing, the long runs looked OK.

I've given up trying to predict at what tracks this car will perform at. At this rate, wouldn't be surprised if it went really well at Spa and Monza lol
Same here. Its like Ferrari somehow got it wrong on which tracks they're gonna do well and on which they weren't #-o
CFD Eyes of Sauron

hape

ryaan2904 wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 17:00
JPower wrote:
30 Jul 2021, 16:42

Same here. Its like Ferrari somehow got it wrong on which tracks they're gonna do well and on which they weren't #-o
Yeah expected a bit more to be honest. The temperature really suits them, the track is not so power hungry and there are slower corners. I guess just not slow enough to have an advantage with their good mechanical grip. Let’s hope tomorrow is better.