2021 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 30 - Aug 01

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Big Tea

Re: 2021 Hungarian Grand Prix - Hungaroring, July 30 - Aug 01

ringo wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 19:09
So latifi can finish the season ahead of Russel.
Can we say he beat him and did the better job?

His race pace isnt so bad.
Not can we say he beat him, if he has more points he beats him. Especially if its done with the same number of starts and finishes. In 5 years time almost on one (just us F1 nuts) will remember the season, just the number on the sheet.

I I was a team boss would I take him over Russell? No way, but that is not what the question was
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

wesley123
wesley123

Ryar wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 16:07
wesley123 wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 15:59
sosic2121 wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 14:44

I fixed it for you. No need to thank me, I know you will appreciate it
The FIA-official(s) who was present in the garage at all times, and I believe in the factory as well, would tell you otherwise
Official from the same organization who couldn't prove what wrong Ferrari did with their PU? That's legit. Yep, I trust him to have taken care of matters. :lol:
Proving a team did some extreme trickery isn't really comparable to showing preferential treatment, but whatever. Just use whatever you can to invalidate something that factually did happen. What's next? They didn't wear red shoes?

But to counter your trivial 'argument'; It's also the same organization that discovered Toyota's cheating turbo in the WRC.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

SiLo wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 17:37
Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 16:31
dans79 wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 16:27

Hey, some of us are actually at the beach!
Pah, and there was me thinking I liked you... :evil:

:lol: :lol:
He didn't say WHICH beach. Could be a very cold brisk one. :mrgreen:
He's a Yank. I've been to the US. They have some great beaches. 8)
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

NathanOlder

Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 22:55
SiLo wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 16:31

Pah, and there was me thinking I liked you... :evil:

:lol: :lol:
They also have sharks, I've seen jaws. Give me the seaweed at Margate any day :lol: :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

NathanOlder wrote:
07 Aug 2021, 00:31
Just_a_fan wrote:
SiLo wrote:

They also have sharks, I've seen jaws. Give me the seaweed at Margate any day :lol: :lol:
I've been to Margate. I'd rather be eaten by a shark. The pain would be over sooner.

dans79

NathanOlder wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:
SiLo wrote:

Large sharks usually aren't the problem. In the last 3 days there's been two attacks within a few miles of where we're staying. Both attacks were minor just trips to the ER for some stitches.
197 104 103 7

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

dans79 wrote:
07 Aug 2021, 00:40
NathanOlder wrote:
Just_a_fan wrote:

Large sharks usually aren't the problem. In the last 3 days there's been two attacks within a few miles of where we're staying. Both attacks were minor just trips to the ER for some stitches.
In the "battle" between people and sharks, it's not even close. On average, humans kill about 100 million sharks around the world each year, with most targeted by commercial fishermen for their fins and flesh.

And despite their fearsome reputation and often breathless media attention, sharks kill only about six people a year worldwide, according to the Florida Museum of Natural History's International Shark Attack File.
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/2018 ... 775409002/

Sharks aren't the problem. Humans are the problem. :evil:

ringo

Big Tea wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 20:56
ringo wrote:

Not can we say he beat him, if he has more points he beats him. Especially if its done with the same number of starts and finishes. In 5 years time almost on one (just us F1 nuts) will remember the season, just the number on the sheet.

I I was a team boss would I take him over Russell? No way, but that is not what the question was
Would you though, if Latifi gets 2 more points scoring races and Russel none?
I think Russel is good, but i would lower my expectations if latifi actually continues to imrpove against him and the Williams start looking like it was a Q2 car all this time.
For Sure!!

Kingshark
Kingshark

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 11:50
Maybe if Alonso didn't put so much effort in to holding back Hamilton, he would have had the time and tyres to attack Sainz. Could have been a double podium for Alpine. Lewis would have struggled to pass Vettel as Vettel had DRS most of the time.
Alonso was never passing Sainz, didn’t have anywhere near enough overspeed. His mission was to stop Hamilton from reaching Ocon, and he did so brilliantly.
as for the racing line comment, Hamilton has to be the master of the Hungaroring with 8 wins to his name. Maybe Alonso was taking the wrong lines and Lewis was the on the right lines lol
If Hamilton was on the right lines, he would have disposed of an Alpine with slower and older tyres right away instead of taking an eternity and ruining his own chances at victory.

Verstappen will be counting his lucky stars that Hamilton has failed to maximize the Christmas presents that have fallen his way. Baku and Hungary were the easiest 50 points imaginable. Hamilton missed an open goal on both occasions.

If not for some brake magic and some better racecraft against Alonso, Lewis would already be 40 points out of sight in this championship.

Ryar

ringo wrote:
07 Aug 2021, 05:34
Big Tea wrote:
06 Aug 2021, 20:56
ringo wrote:

Would you though, if Latifi gets 2 more points scoring races and Russel none?
I think Russel is good, but i would lower my expectations if latifi actually continues to imrpove against him and the Williams start looking like it was a Q2 car all this time.
That's a moot point. He would show his worth of scoring points next year in his Mercedes. Not just points, most likely if the Mercedes still stays ahead of the fields, then wins too and who knows, a championship too.
Lance Stroll has 18 points with many points finishes to his name, is any top team dying to sign him? Who would pick Lance if both George and Lance are available to a top team? Everyone knows the answer. Take money out of the equation, both Lance and Latifi would be cleaning their backyards not racing on circuit.
Hakuna Matata!

Shrieker

Kingshark wrote:
07 Aug 2021, 06:43
NathanOlder wrote:
Maybe if Alonso didn't put so much effort in to holding back Hamilton, he would have had the time and tyres to attack Sainz. Could have been a double podium for Alpine. Lewis would have struggled to pass Vettel as Vettel had DRS most of the time.
Alonso was never passing Sainz, didn’t have anywhere near enough overspeed. His mission was to stop Hamilton from reaching Ocon, and he did so brilliantly.
as for the racing line comment, Hamilton has to be the master of the Hungaroring with 8 wins to his name. Maybe Alonso was taking the wrong lines and Lewis was the on the right lines lol
If Hamilton was on the right lines, he would have disposed of an Alpine with slower and older tyres right away instead of taking an eternity and ruining his own chances at victory.

Verstappen will be counting his lucky stars that Hamilton has failed to maximize the Christmas presents that have fallen his way. Baku and Hungary were the easiest 50 points imaginable. Hamilton missed an open goal on both occasions.

If not for some brake magic and some better racecraft against Alonso, Lewis would already be 40 points out of sight in this championship.
Same could be said for Max. If he hadn't fvcked up in Silverstone, that's a 32 point swing in just one race.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Phil

Kingshark wrote:
Verstappen will be counting his lucky stars that Hamilton has failed to maximize the Christmas presents that have fallen his way.
Maybe. A more aggressive Hamilton vs Alonso could have easily yielded a DNF and zero points. You may prefer to bash Hamilton for not “disposing” an inferior and slower Alonso, but the risk vs award balance that Hamilton is going for is precisely why he is leading the championship vs Verstappen. In my book, Verstappens unlucky moments of Baku & Hungary are easily matched by Hamiltons magic button error in Baku and stratetic element in Hungary too - a race he should have easily won without having to battle Alonso in the first place.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

Ryar

Shrieker wrote:
07 Aug 2021, 08:54
Kingshark wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

Same could be said for Max. If he hadn't fvcked up in Silverstone, that's a 32 point swing in just one race.
This statement couldn't have represented a fan's thought process Vs the official account of the facts any better.
Hakuna Matata!

NathanOlder

Kingshark wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

Your some else you are, you must have nightmares about saying something good about Lewis lol.

Being on the right lines as you and Fernando put it did not allow Lewis to pass. the nature of the circuit meant no lines were enough to pass despite the big car/tyre advantage.

Alonso did a great job defending, and did it consistently which was the key. But what allowed Lewis to pass Alonso was a mistake from Alonso, not Lewis driving the right lines.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Wouter

Shrieker wrote:
07 Aug 2021, 08:54
You are off topic, so I must too.

The stewards thought otherwise.

No / Driver 44 - Lewis Hamilton
Competitor Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team
Time 15:04
Session Race
* Fact Causing a collision with car 33 in turn 9.
* Offence Breach of Article 2 d) Chapter IV Appendix L of the FIA International Sporting Code.
* Decision 10 second time penalty
* 2 Penalty Points (4 points in a 12 month period)

* Reason The Stewards reviewed video and telemetry evidence. Cars 33 and 44 entered turn 9 with Car 33 in the lead
and Car 44 slightly behind and on the inside.
Car 44 was on a line that did not reach the apex of the corner, with room available to the inside.
When Car 33 turned into the corner, Car 44 did not avoid contact and the left front of
Car 44 contacted the right rear of Car 33.
The Power of Dreams!