2025/2026 Hybrid Powerunit speculation

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
User avatar
Holm86
245
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: 2025/2026 Hybrid Powerunit speculation

Post

I hope they ditch the V6, simply because it sounds so bad.
A 90° shared pin V6 will never have a pleasant sound, and even 4 cylinders sound better.

I like the sound of the 2.0L 4 cylinder turbo DTM cars, and the 1,6L 4 cylinder turbo rally cars way better than those raspy, buzzing V6 we have en F1 now.


User avatar
mclaren111
272
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:49 am
Location: Shithole - South Africa

Re: 2025/2026 Hybrid Powerunit speculation

Post

mzso wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:02 pm
mclaren111 wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:26 pm
I predict EV's to be the next Dieselgate in 10 to 12 year's time... :D
You will be thoroughly embarrassed in 10-12 years time.

Image


I Rest My Case... :D :D

mzso
mzso
60
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: 2025/2026 Hybrid Powerunit speculation

Post

mclaren111 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:12 pm
I Rest My Case... :D
What case? You copied an aritcle about something totally different.
What we have now is rapidly expanding production and sales of EVs. As well as most manufacturers revealing plans to expand way further. Even several different state's are on board and plan to ban pure ICE in 10-20 years time.

It's as if you were yelling about cellphones never becoming a thing in 1995.

mzso
mzso
60
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: 2025/2026 Hybrid Powerunit speculation

Post

Holm86 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:26 am
I hope they ditch the V6, simply because it sounds so bad.
A 90° shared pin V6 will never have a pleasant sound, and even 4 cylinders sound better.

I like the sound of the 2.0L 4 cylinder turbo DTM cars, and the 1,6L 4 cylinder turbo rally cars way better than those raspy, buzzing V6 we have en F1 now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3jXt0Qigfc
Wow. We're still talking about sound being the main factor for the "pinnacle of motorsport"...

User avatar
mclaren111
272
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:49 am
Location: Shithole - South Africa

Re: 2025/2026 Hybrid Powerunit speculation

Post

mzso wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:34 pm
Holm86 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:26 am
I hope they ditch the V6, simply because it sounds so bad.
A 90° shared pin V6 will never have a pleasant sound, and even 4 cylinders sound better.

I like the sound of the 2.0L 4 cylinder turbo DTM cars, and the 1,6L 4 cylinder turbo rally cars way better than those raspy, buzzing V6 we have en F1 now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3jXt0Qigfc
Wow. We're still talking about sound being the main factor for the "pinnacle of motorsport"...
Hell Yes... :D :D

mzso
mzso
60
Joined: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:52 pm

Re: 2025/2026 Hybrid Powerunit speculation

Post

mclaren111 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:37 pm
Hell Yes... :D :D
Well, I like the sound of direct drive EVs. So let's have that:


There, now I also made my sound based genius argument.

User avatar
mclaren111
272
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:49 am
Location: Shithole - South Africa

Re: 2025/2026 Hybrid Powerunit speculation

Post

Then watch FE... Already sounds like this... :D :D

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
591
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: 2025/2026 Hybrid Powerunit speculation

Post

mclaren111 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:12 pm
mzso wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:02 pm
mclaren111 wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:26 pm
I predict EV's to be the next Dieselgate in 10 to 12 year's time... :D
You will be thoroughly embarrassed in 10-12 years time.

https://media.gab.com/system/media_atta ... 015614.jpg


I Rest My Case... :D :D
You do realise that doesn't say that nations will disappear by 2000, don't you? It says that if action is taken before 2000, at some point in the future nations will be affected by sea level rises.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

User avatar
Zynerji
110
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: 2025/2026 Hybrid Powerunit speculation

Post

Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:16 pm
mclaren111 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:12 pm
mzso wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:02 pm

You will be thoroughly embarrassed in 10-12 years time.

https://media.gab.com/system/media_atta ... 015614.jpg


I Rest My Case... :D :D
You do realise that doesn't say that nations will disappear by 2000, don't you? It says that if action is taken before 2000, at some point in the future nations will be affected by sea level rises.
What comes after we get to 100% EV, and it doesn't actually "fix" anything? Will it just evolve to a new target?

User avatar
Stu
Moderator
Joined: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:05 am
Location: Norfolk, UK

Re: 2025/2026 Hybrid Powerunit speculation

Post

I tend to this point of view (been an ardent environmentalist for 35 years - about 5 years before the article above was published!).
EV’s have a very marginal case as a sustainable transport system (particularly when you consider that the majority of the world’s electrical energy is not sustainable), the batteries are an environmental nightmare as are the controllers, cables, etc.
They are a small part of the solution that really should centre around reducing mechanised transportation, full stop!!
However we are well off topic now!
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
591
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: 2025/2026 Hybrid Powerunit speculation

Post

Zynerji wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:54 pm
Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:16 pm
mclaren111 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:12 pm



https://media.gab.com/system/media_atta ... 015614.jpg


I Rest My Case... :D :D
You do realise that doesn't say that nations will disappear by 2000, don't you? It says that if action is taken before 2000, at some point in the future nations will be affected by sea level rises.
What comes after we get to 100% EV, and it doesn't actually "fix" anything? Will it just evolve to a new target?
100% EV won't help if loads of coal power stations are making the volts. :lol:

Going to 100% EVs might still end up with "bad things" happening, but those might not be as bad as the "terrible things" that might result from maintaining the current status quote. That's the gamble.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

User avatar
jjn9128
769
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: 2025/2026 Hybrid Powerunit speculation

Post

Holm86 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:26 am
I hope they ditch the V6, simply because it sounds so bad.
A 90° shared pin V6 will never have a pleasant sound, and even 4 cylinders sound better.

I like the sound of the 2.0L 4 cylinder turbo DTM cars, and the 1,6L 4 cylinder turbo rally cars way better than those raspy, buzzing V6 we have en F1 now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3jXt0Qigfc
Image
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

User avatar
Holm86
245
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: 2025/2026 Hybrid Powerunit speculation

Post

mzso wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:44 pm
mclaren111 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:37 pm
Hell Yes... :D :D
Well, I like the sound of direct drive EVs. So let's have that:
https://youtu.be/TGob7Gs44ZA?t=41

There, now I also made my sound based genius argument.
Never said it was a good technical argument, but I think sound is a big part of F1. It adds to the drama and atmosphere.
I also watch a lot of football, and when there was no noise from the spectators during covid, it killed all the atmosphere of the game.

You already have your alternative, if you like the sound of EV's, just watch formula zero ...

I'm pretty sure a big part of the users in here, or F1 fans in general like engine sounds, and you are in the minority that doesn't care ...

wuzak
wuzak
445
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:26 am

Re: 2025/2026 Hybrid Powerunit speculation

Post

Holm86 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:26 am
I hope they ditch the V6, simply because it sounds so bad.
A 90° shared pin V6 will never have a pleasant sound, and even 4 cylinders sound better.

User avatar
mclaren111
272
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:49 am
Location: Shithole - South Africa

Re: 2025/2026 Hybrid Powerunit speculation

Post

Holm86 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:38 pm
mzso wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:44 pm
mclaren111 wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:37 pm
Hell Yes... :D :D
Well, I like the sound of direct drive EVs. So let's have that:
https://youtu.be/TGob7Gs44ZA?t=41

There, now I also made my sound based genius argument.
Never said it was a good technical argument, but I think sound is a big part of F1. It adds to the drama and atmosphere.
I also watch a lot of football, and when there was no noise from the spectators during covid, it killed all the atmosphere of the game.

You already have your alternative, if you like the sound of EV's, just watch formula zero ...

I'm pretty sure a big part of the users in here, or F1 fans in general like engine sounds, and you are in the minority that doesn't care ...

Amen... :D :D