Mercedes AMG F1 W03

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
satlan
satlan

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

TheWiseOwl wrote:
raymondu999 wrote:What are you taking in visually to show you that it's late?
Compare the throttle guage to the engine note, in to all the corners the guage drops off well before the engine note changes.
And if that's not enough compare the KERS usage in the graphic with him pressing the KERS button, the lag is noticeable.

diego1960

Joie de vivre, what you are suggesting can be really difficult and costly to implement. Redesigning the sidepods might alter the flow of air to the back so radically that the mini DD for example, or the internal air-flow might not work as intended. I think that in terms of the slimmer and more sculptured sidepods, they have got it right this year. It now all goes down to set-up and tyre-optimization. If they can cure these issues I have no doubt in my mind that they will leap-frog Ferrari and claim 3rd place.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

Joie de vivre

what is the cure for reducing tyre degredation?

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Joie de vivre wrote:what is the cure for reducing tyre degredation?
Nice try Ross but we aren't telling you that easily.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

AnthonyG

Redesign your suspention.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

MuseF1
MuseF1

Joie de vivre wrote:
Is it due to roll or is that front wing endplate quite low to the ground? Or is it just me seeing things?

Afterburner

The title says everything, what do you hide w03?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... F6nEvjktpA
Last edited by Afterburner on 21 Mar 2012, 00:49, edited 3 times in total.

Joie de vivre

Owen.C93 wrote:
Nice try Ross but we aren't telling you that easily.
haha :D

speedsense
speedsense

IMHO, I don't think it's the FW getting blown, what if Merc were F-ducting the Diffuser? There would be some gains with that and Micheal may have been holding the car to keep the cars angle down so you couldn't see the bottom of the diffuser. As the car came to rest, he could have had the car pointing away from the photographers getting close ups of the front wings if he was touchy about it. Instead has the diffuser away from any good shots of it. Just my observation.
"Driving a car as fast as possible (in a race) is all about maintaining the highest possible acceleration level in the appropriate direction." Peter Wright,Techical Director, Team Lotus

Afterburner

Maybe some hole on the diffuser too feed super f-duct i suspect, definitely there's something going on on that floor.

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Afterburner wrote:The title says everything, what do you hide w03?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... F6nEvjktpA
The 2 slots under each side of the front wing.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Cocles

Pierce89 wrote:Mike was a D bag to the camera men.
So he's a d'bag for protecting his team by shooing away photographers blatantly trying to snag photos of the bottom of the car? I've seen this video posted elsewhere and the general consensus has been that Michael should be commended for protecting his car "like a boss".

What do you propose? That he just let them record the bottom of his car a'la Webber and his RB7 at Monza '11?

He was doing his job, and shoo'd them away-- AS HE SHOULD HAVE. If you watch the extended video you'll see he waves and poses for the cameras positioned further away.

Anyway-- the video doesn't tell us much, since I can't think of any team that would enjoy having the bottom of its car photographed... maybe HRT.

issues4
issues4

im almost glad he was :shock: i have missed the MS of old, this comeback happy-smiley-glad-hands MS up to 2011 was/is a bit too casual if you ask me. we want the angry, no interview, "Dont look at my front wing" ruthless MS, i dont care if people start thinking he is an ars again...if he switches that animal back on again im affraid to say that the other drivers will know the man who kimi and alonso raced against back then. if hamilton thinks he had it difficult at monza last year.... :twisted:

aduka11
aduka11

Why cause he wouldn't let him take a photo of important part of the car?

Dear lord. :lol: :lol:

I find this extremely funny to be honest =D>

Have you seen the guy on your avatar and his attitude towards that marshall?

Fredy4
Fredy4

A couple of things...

Firstly I think MS was cleverly causing a scene at the front of the car becasue it was actaully the back he wanted to hide.

As for him having a bit of fire and ruthlessness back, I agree it would help. I think we will see that as soon as hes anywhere near the podium though. So far he has had nothing to get going about. Bring that carrot closer to him and his true mind set will come out again, its only natural.

Its a shame about his gearbox, because it would have been VERY interesting watching Vettel try and get past. I dont care if his car was 1 second a lap faster, MS still had good straighline speed and I think it would have been a Monza/Hamilton thing all over again. No way would he have let that place go without putting Vettel in a tricky position.