2012 Singaporean GP - Marina Bay

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
raymondu999

Re: 2012 Singaporean GP - Marina Bay

I don't think it's faster per se, but rather more drivable. I think there comes a point when F1 cars are limited by how much water there is on the track before they start aquaplaning and stalling the diffuser, and so the bastardised DTM car they use as a safety car can afford to push more.

On top of that - the car sounds gorgeous. I watched it doing laps around the Singapore circuit at night (before the race weekend) and the way it sounded, especially with echoes bouncing off the circuit walls and the surrounding buildings, sounded absolutely magnificent.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

turbof1

n smikle wrote:They say his car is actually faster than the F1 cars in extreme wet conditions.
Yeah probably. Like raymond said, in extreme wet conditions the water spray will mess up downforce so much f1 cars become almost undriveable around corners. You can compare it with taking off a front wing in dry conditions. In a straight line a F1 car will still beat his car though.
#AeroFrodo

Websta

isn't it more about the difference in weight than anything else? - the heavier safety car should have more traction at low speeds in wet conditions.

turbof1

Websta wrote:isn't it more about the difference in weight than anything else? - the heavier safety car should have more traction at low speeds in wet conditions.
In general it is about how much the car is being "pressed" into the road. Both weight (distribution, cog,...) and downforce do that. Back in the day of ground effect cars would never had that problem. One famous event was the brabham able to accelerate through a large patch of oil with normal tyres.
#AeroFrodo

adam2003
adam2003

I wounder how good lotus will do with the new floor and rear wing ..

FrukostScones

adam2003 wrote:I wounder how good lotus will do with the new floor and rear wing ..
Grosjean Pole and Grosjean win.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

SamH123
SamH123

adam2003 wrote:I wounder how good lotus will do with the new floor and rear wing ..
I thought I read that it's the same wing as Monaco but it has slightly better DRS reaction time?
Doesn't sound much of an upgrade

PlatinumZealot

A little insight from Mr.Allison:
“We have a new floor and a new rear wing. The new rear wing operates at the same downforce level as our Monaco-spec rear wing, but with a better DRS delta. This means that this wing has better DRS switching from its maximum drag to its reduced drag settings. We believe we’ve been able to produce a rear wing which is at the higher end of the downforce spectrum but still able to allow the lion’s share of the DRS potential which is more difficult to achieve at high downforce levels. It will be interesting to see how it works on track.”
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

idiot
idiot

Re: Ferrari F2012

This weekend expected to be rainy all the way through:(

amouzouris

idiot wrote:This weekend expected to be rainy all the way through:(
and why are you sad??? the two poles Fernando got this year were in the wet..

idiot
idiot

amouzouris wrote:
idiot wrote:This weekend expected to be rainy all the way through:(
and why are you sad??? the two poles Fernando got this year were in the wet..
FA can again repeat himself on wet no doubt..but i was w8ing singapure since summer break to see the big package they told that they will bring..i think stefano domenically told that or pat fry..

Hail22

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYtENK2xqcY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IUljUNTjFw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaX9klCRWqE[/youtube]

I feel Both Ferrari's will be very strong partly due to the Pull-Rod Suspension when taking some of the tighter corners/turns.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

raymondu999

Hail22 wrote:I feel Both Ferrari's will be very strong partly due to the Pull-Rod Suspension when taking some of the tighter corners/turns.
Could you please elaborate? Why would the pull-rod front enable more front responsiveness?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Hail22

raymondu999 wrote:
Hail22 wrote:I feel Both Ferrari's will be very strong partly due to the Pull-Rod Suspension when taking some of the tighter corners/turns.
Could you please elaborate? Why would the pull-rod front enable more front responsiveness?
In my unprofessional/Formula 1 enthusiast point of view, I believe it could simply boil down to a slightly better than average Center Of Gravity, as Singapore has proven to have bumpy/uneven surfaces as well as some demanding/tight corners.

Now I most likely will be proven incorrect by more informed/gurus of the sport, however its just my simple view of what I think we'll see from the Ferrari's this weekend.

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

f1316
f1316

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'd say the real worry in that part of the world is if they have a deluge so great they're unable to race.

If they can, and it rains, I'd expect Fernando to be very strong.