2018 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Baku, April 27-29

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ripper
ripper

Re: 2018 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Baku, April 27-29

If FIA doesn't start to punish VES double moves he won't stop doing that, why he should? One day he might risk his life, or the one of another driver.

Vettel165

Restomaniac wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 21:16
Vettel165 wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 21:14
Hope Seb and Kimi used all the bad luck for this season. All I want guys is a boring 1-2 for Ferrari in Spain. It hurts what happened today, but there are still 425 points remaining, I am confident that the luck will equal out in this season, maybe we will have more it at the end of season, which is more important. Seb is 4 points behind, but without safety car in Australia he should be 24 points down, with the better luck though in last 2 races we could be at least 15 points ahead of Lewis. But at least we look to have the fastest car, looks like in terms of points the season is starting brand new in Barcelona, so the fifth race of the season it is looking like it is the first one. I will never stop believing in my team (Ferrari).
With the greatest of respect you're being nothing like impartial
The luck so far has already been very equal.
Lewis was unlucky in Australia I agree, was unlucky with a 5-place grid penalty. Seb was unlucky because of safety car in China, was unlucky to have been demolished by Verstappen, was unlucky again by being overtaken by Bottas (undercut), was unlucky in Baku again with the poor timing of the safety car... So I think he was more unlucky as Lewis, but Kimi, Bottas had much less luck in this four races than Seb, Hamilton. It doesnt matter right know, next race we try again, its a whole brand new story. May the best driver,car win. Bring it on.
Last edited by Vettel165 on 29 Apr 2018, 21:40, edited 2 times in total.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Great race, seems that Sainz and Hulkenberg were on for a good result until strategy shafted Sainz and the ball collected Hulkenberg. Alonso could have collected a podium if he hadn't had been collected in the first lap. Hamilton was lucky, but he rode his luck, and sometimes. Vettel unlucky but happy to win. Leclerc drove a good race, a race that will be a breakthrough for him, same for Hartley in his finishing position.

Then we come to Red Bull... Verstappen needs his wings clipped, he is making one move in defence as per the rules, but cleverly instead of staying on the line away from the closing car, he lets his line stray quite lightly back onto the line onto where he was. Its not one move, buy aint two moves, its more like one and half to one and three quarters of a move. It may need a regulation change where the one move rule needs a clarification where you cannot stray back on the line you came from. However, Max takes the rules and safety to the limit. However he needs a race or two out to make him think, make him think about how close to the fire he should go until he gets burned. I want close, hard and fast racing that is clean. Max complied to the rules in the way they are written legally, but not they way they are in reality. And the fact i think the stewards are too scared of Max and probably Jos as well. Allow Ricardo moves from China, thats hard, fast, clean and safe racing, but today Max showed again he races fast, and hard but not clean and safe. And he clearly thinks that he is clearly in the right all the time, even if he is wrong, he will say he was in the right, and he may say words of apology to the Red Bull factory, but will he actually mean them?

sAx
sAx

Vettel165 wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 17:42
It doesnt matter right now, the race is done, what ifs doesnt matter. Now I will have to wait again for that 14 painful days. Even thought Ferrari will be on pole it doesnt matter, because the SC will come and destroy our race like in China and here.
No doubt you feel similarly upset about the VSC impact in Melbourne!
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

Vettel165

sAx wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 21:42
Vettel165 wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 17:42
It doesnt matter right now, the race is done, what ifs doesnt matter. Now I will have to wait again for that 14 painful days. Even thought Ferrari will be on pole it doesnt matter, because the SC will come and destroy our race like in China and here.
No doubt you feel similarly upset about the VSC impact in Melbourne!
Nope I felt that win was gifted to Seb, the same as this one was gifted to Hamilton. The only race I was jumping up and down was Bahrain, because that was won on pure pace.

Vettel165

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Vettel165 wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 21:56
http://crashstappen.com/
Death. :lol:
I can think of today, Vettel in China and Hamilton in Bahrain. When was the other 1?

Vettel165

Restomaniac wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 22:03
Vettel165 wrote:
I can think of today, Vettel in China and Hamilton in Bahrain. When was the other 1?
Baku practice I think.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Vettel165 wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 22:05
Restomaniac wrote:
Vettel165 wrote:
Baku practice I think.
Hmm practice is a bit of a stretch IMHO.

However 3 crashes during only 4 races takes some doing.

Yurasyk
Yurasyk

Technically the lucky points are more like this:
Australia Vet+10p, Ham -7p, clearly
Bahrain Vet 0p, Ham easily negated +5 positions penalty in 8 laps, and later got lucky with Kimi retirement, so it is at least 0p or even +3p at most.
China Vet -21p at most, -14 at least (to me Bot undercut was rather badluck for Vet with poor pit time), Ham could easily finish 3 without any unpredictable factors, but finished 4th (-3p)
Azerbaijan Vet -13 at most, -6 at least (Bot with US would pass him almost definitely), Ham at most +10 (3rd very possible), at least +7 (2nd as at the start).
In total so far
Vet -24 to - 10 points
Ham -3 to +6 points.
Prove me wrong. :mrgreen:

Harvester
Harvester

Ferrari strategy was horrible. It was very simple to just wait until Bottas pit and then follow him. Instead they pitted and put him on softs that they knew were not working on Kimi's car. Mercedes was very smart this time. They kept bottas out and waited for safety car.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Restomaniac wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 22:10
Vettel165 wrote:
Restomaniac wrote:
Baku practice I think.

Still forgetting his crash in Bahrain Quali when his PU spiked, still a crash tho.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

ESPImperium wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 22:15
Restomaniac wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 22:10
Vettel165 wrote:

Baku practice I think.

Still forgetting his crash in Bahrain Quali when his PU spiked, still a crash tho.
Indeed. It's not his fault though (according to Verstappen) :roll:

ringo

Daniel has to take some responsibility for damaging his championship run. We all know Max is a mad man, therefore daniel should not have tried that risky move where it takes two to tango.
His overtakes are breathtaking, but most of the time he shoves the car up the inside and leaves it to the other driver to crash or let him through.
He cannot use that approach in a championship battle, he has to be in full control of his destiny, so i hope he is more careful going forward. Max is Max, so i don't expect better from him. Daniel now needs to leave the childish tidly-winks racing behind and focus and take things a little more seriously.
For Sure!!

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

ringo wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 22:19
Daniel has to take some responsibility for damaging his championship run. We all know Max is a mad man, therefore daniel should not have tried that risky move where it takes two to tango.
His overtakes are breathtaking, but most of the time he shoves the car up the inside and leaves it to the other driver to crash or let him through.
He cannot use that approach in a championship battle, he has to be in full control of his destiny, so i hope he is more careful going forward. Max is Max, so i don't expect better from him. Daniel now needs to leave the childish tidly-winks racing behind and focus and take things a little more seriously.
TBH that is the problem. Why should othe drivers have to take extra care around him?
If as you say Max is mad then sort Max out!