Mercedes AMG F1 W03

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
MeowMix
MeowMix

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

gilgen wrote:
clipsy1H wrote:any updates for this race?? i want to know plz.
Yes, front wing endplates are now split into two.

They always were. The cascades are just gone

Huntresa
Huntresa

Scarbs answer to the no cascades is @andersand123 as the rear wing needs less dowforce/drag for canada, you need less front wing to balance it

To me its just such a drastic way to remove the cascades since they control alot of the air coming of the fw around the front wheels. Wouldnt it be better to just change the size and angle of the larger flaps as most other teams do?

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Race and team comparison discussion has been moved to the Canadian GP discussion. Please avoid general chat in these car threads since they are for specific technical development.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

siskue2005

The car looks FANTASTIC without the cascades! :shock: =D>

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Check the roll out on the picture MercAMGFans kindly posted.

Literally looks like its twisting.
More could have been done.
David Purley

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:Check the roll out on the picture MercAMGFans kindly posted.

Literally looks like its twisting.
which one mate?

JohnsonsEvilTwin

MercAMGF1Fans wrote:Image
This one.
Not how the front wing is almost aligned with the floor.
More could have been done.
David Purley

siskue2005

anyone who saw FP2
did they run with or without cascades?

Huntresa
Huntresa

siskue2005 wrote:anyone who saw FP2
did they run with or without cascades?
Without

siskue2005

thanks

Morteza

Shouldn't Mercedes start thinking about a new exhaust solution? I mean we can clearly see that Ferrari has gained some lap time with their new exhaust. I'm not saying it's all about exhaust, but it seems to me that Mercedes does not care as much about this area as other teams.

BTW, speed trap from qualifying shows that Mercedes have not been quick. Michael and Nico were doing 317 and 316.9 respectively. The only ones who were slower were the Red Bull drivers both doing 316. Isn't it a bit odd?
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Joie de vivre

I lost all hopes in that team. Clearly current exhaust is not working the way they wish. Also their Fduct DRS is just rubbish.

marcush.
marcush.

Morteza wrote:Shouldn't Mercedes start thinking about a new exhaust solution? I mean we can clearly see that Ferrari has gained some lap time with their new exhaust. I'm not saying it's all about exhaust, but it seems to me that Mercedes does not care as much about this area as other teams.

BTW, speed trap from qualifying shows that Mercedes have not been quick. Michael and Nico were doing 317 and 316.9 respectively. The only ones who were slower were the Red Bull drivers both doing 316. Isn't it a bit odd?
mate ,don´t forget Vettel is on pole..and Mercedes cannot claim to be close because of their superior straight line speed..

I think we should wait till tomorrow.This race is unique in its overtaking opportunities so not all is lost .Question is have they cracked the tyre conundrum as per Rosbergs claim? if so this could be going well for Schumacher who has to deliver this weekend and I´m sure he will.

Huntresa
Huntresa

Joie de vivre wrote:I lost all hopes in that team. Clearly current exhaust is not working the way they wish. Also their Fduct DRS is just rubbish.
And we know how that the exhaust doesnt work? How do you know the exhaust isnt better or the same as mclarens or Ferraris? well the asnwer is you dont and we dont know.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Good shot of the W03 up in the air